Non-Somali guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I thought you loved BBC? You were a staunch BLM SJW. Now you lusting after Arab mutts:cosbyhmm:

20180106_MAP002_0.jpg

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Okay, let me keep this short. I prefer to marry a Somali guy, however, i've recently met a guy through work I really like. He is practising, we have the same interests, his funny, i'm attracted to him and he is financially stable. He is half Yemeni half English.

I'm torn due to the fact that i've alway been against interracial marriages for myself. I want my kids to have the same culture and upbringing as myself.

I've been very distant from him because of these reasons. The idea of being married to a non Somali really doesn't sit right with me.

Now i'm thinking have I made the right decision??
If you want Somali. Stick with Somali. It's simple tbh. If you feel that way, be honest and tell the guy that you are only interested in Somali men.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Life is too short sister, if he’s a good Muslim and you like him give it a go. I just have to ask tho, how does your family and his family feel about interracial marriages? If they’re snob, I say it’s not worthy, or if you are losing your family over it.

I get the whole " I wanna marry a Somali man". I feel the same. But as someone who has a hard time catching feelings for guys, I wouldn't pass if the guy I liked ended up not being Somali. You only live once and you should live it full out. It's kind of stupid to leave a guy who you like (and likes you too) for a man you haven't even met yet. You never know how the future looks like. What if the Somali man you wanted never came? What if you never met him? One of the worst feelings is feeling regretful of something. You should pursue him and see where it takes you. If it works out, great. If it doesn't then onto the next one.

Somali Arab marriages don't work out for the simple reason that Xaalimo's are masculine in character while they enjoy tremendous amounts of freedoms as part of their culture which women from their own cultures lack.

The Arab's and their North African cousin's are all control freaks, even when they are mixed with European blood, they are used to docile feminine/submissive women of their ilk of which a Xaalimo is a polar opposite.

Divorce and abuse are very common in these types of marriages, they are also inevitable, and when that happens, no other Arab/North African will touch you because unlike Farax's they look down on divorced women as marriage material. (even more so if she's foreign)

You will then try to come back to your people in humble fashion with all that kibir sucked out of you longing for that freedom but only to find that as liberal as Farax's are to divorced women, they all reject divorcee's that grazed on pastures unknown to them.

The question you will have to deeply reflect on is whether this is a risk worth taking and a price worth paying.

@HalimaJ

Don’t worry about the ethnicity of your soulmate, if he has the characteristics of what you are looking for in a man and the feelings and dedication to one another are mutual, dive in head first. But don’t rush into marriage and take sometime to know one another as future couples because we always see the finer points of a person that we like till we face hurdles and challenges in the relationship. Find out if he will be a quitter or a serious bloke. I would’ve advised you to hire a Private investigator to dig him more about his private life because you never know the sort of baggage people do carry.

I can’t believe I gave someone an advise about a relationship.

Somali Arab marriages don't work out for the simple reason that Xaalimo's are masculine in character while they enjoy tremendous amounts of freedoms as part of their culture which women from their own cultures lack.

The Arab's and their North African cousin's are all control freaks, even when they are mixed with European blood, they are used to docile feminine/submissive women of their ilk of which a Xaalimo is a polar opposite.

Divorce and abuse are very common in these types of marriages, they are also inevitable, and when that happens, no other Arab/North African will touch you because unlike Farax's they look down on divorced women as marriage material. (even more so if she's foreign)

You will then try to come back to your people in humble fashion with all that kibir sucked out of you longing for that freedom but only to find that as liberal as Farax's are to divorced women, they all reject divorcee's that grazed on pastures unknown to them.

The question you will have to deeply reflect on is whether this is a risk worth taking and a price worth paying.

You have a severe problem with generalization and arrogance. Its a potent mix, that undermines not only your point but general intelligence.

You don't need to insult Somali women as this isn't a bait thread of Somali women vs Men which is all too common on sspot.

Some of your points I agreed with however.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
You lowkey did the right thing. If he was however someone closer to our ethnicity e.g Eritrean and North Sudani I would have said give it a go since they technically look like us and share similar culture. But since he is arab/white that is totally alienate from our culture no offence even if he was a nice guy you will never feel comfortable walking with him in the streets without every somali and even other races staring at you intensively. Not to mention your child looking nothing like you and more arab. These little things is important to focus on rather than his "good character". To further add to my point interracial marriage most of the time don't work. Don't feel guilty sis

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You have a severe problem with generalization and arrogance. Its a potent mix, that undermines not only your point but general intelligence.

You don't need to insult Somali women as this isn't a bait thread of Somali women vs Men which is all too common on sspot.

Some of your points I agreed with however.

It's just his approach. Don't sweat it. Don't be persuaded by anything other than your values. If you want a Somali then go for that. If that isn't a requisite for marriage then do as you please. The question I have is why would you feel torn when there are plenty of men out there?

I usually treat all my friends and coworkers as asexual entities (makes that easier when they are ajnabi as I don't see them as an option, and when they ask I'm upfront and they respect me for it). Reason being I'm trying to get somewhere in this world and create a legacy of ethnic continuity in the west while burning the least amount of bridges.

And gotta combat the fallout from #MeToo. Do you know how hard it is getting a male mentor these days?

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
@HalimaJ I see you’ve got quite the catch. I support you and by your accounts it seems like he really likes you. I say go for it, cautiously of course. You still don’t know him, he could be an abusive asshole. Stay safe and go have fun. Don’t rush in to quickly. May Allah keep you safe. I salute you sister!
:salute:

don't listen to the haters.
Okay, let me keep this short. I prefer to marry a Somali guy, however, i've recently met a guy through work I really like. He is practising, we have the same interests, his funny, i'm attracted to him and he is financially stable. He is half Yemeni half English.

I'm torn due to the fact that i've alway been against interracial marriages for myself. I want my kids to have the same culture and upbringing as myself.

I've been very distant from him because of these reasons. The idea of being married to a non Somali really doesn't sit right with me.

GO SUCK THAT ARAB D*CK.

on a serious note, why would you not want to marry a arab guy?? nabi S.A.W was an arab, would you have discriminated against him just because he doesn't know the culture,customs and lanaguage of some strange already arabnized group of people called SOMALI :ayaanswag:

it's not 2018 anymore, it's 2019 i am 100% for interracial/international/interethnic marriages for somali

BRING THE WORLD CLOSER TO TOGETHER THROUGH THE GOOD OL' REPRODUCTION METHOD :gaasdrink:

go marry that arab guy/girl
go marry that white girl/guy
go marry that mixed girl/guy
go marry that asian guy/girl
go marry that black girl/guy
go get the job
go chase that dream
go do it
go be it
go
go
go
IT'S 2019 NAAYA, DON'T LET the opinion of folks hold u back from getting ur back blown:yacadiim:

i just hope ur future daughter doesn't get on phone with a facebook live fob auntie to spill the hot tea about how her yemeni father was doing the unthinkable to her from the age 12 when he caught sight of her in pink shorts
just in case it happens, please remind her to emphasize that her father was yemeni from war torn yemen and not somali from the then african superpower nation somalia.
god save MBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending