New movie about Bilal Ibn Rabah (RA), who's going to see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Why didn't the creator make a movie on King Negash, the Habeshi king that granted Muslim emigrants refuge. I won't take away from Bilaal but I smell an SJW agenda. :siilaanyolaugh: The creator is also excessively hairy. Need I say more. It's also a demonic Disney production.

Why didn't the creator make a movie on King Negash, the Habeshi king that granted Muslim emigrants refuge. I won't take away from Bilaal but I smell an SJW agenda. :siilaanyolaugh: The creator is also excessively hairy. Need I say more. It's also a demonic Disney production.
we wouldn't be muslim today if not for King Negash, he inadvertently helped create what is now known as Somalia:pachah1:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
we wouldn't be muslim today if not for King Negash, he inadvertently helped create what is now known as Somalia:pachah1:

I don't mean to be a conspiracy theorist but there has been no Disney movie on Ethiopia's kingdoms. :siilaanyolaugh: They failed to consult any Habeshis on this movie. I would have expected @Menelik III would go ballistic. :dabcasar: Of all the movies they could have made they decided on this one. Even Oromo, Emperor Haliselasie's climb to power was more action packed (at least from what I've read through 48 Laws of Power). This tale is also clearly embellished.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Bilal ra experienced racism even from fellow sahaba

We passed by Abu Dharr in Rabadha...Abu Dharr said, "I had a quarrel with one of my brethren whose mother was of foreign descent, so I vilified him as [you son of a black mother]. He went to complain about me to the Prophet. When the Prophet met me (one day), he said, 'Abu Dharr, you are someone who still displays Jahiliyyah.'"

I really like how they're not using the literal story of Bilal, but using it as inspiration for a more cartoony story.

Bilal, that name alone is powerful, and will draw numbers in. The animation is top quality as well. It's just a question of if they can draw the numbers in on the first day.

Looks like they did work for disney before, but now are trying to get their own IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts