New documentary by a Somali-Canadian filmmaker examines what it means to be black in Canada. (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soros was worth $25 billion a few months ago. He's worth $8 billion today. He moved much of his money into Open Society. We haven't seen anything yet. Things will be 10x worse in the next few years.

Do you really believe this poorly produced 11 minute documentary was funded by Soros? It's more likely the filmmaker used her OSAP loan to self fund this project by purchasing a decent camera and editing software.

Maybe she hasn't but some Somalis have indirectly received Soros funding.

@LarryThePuntite could be next. He might get funding he can't refuse and he'll integrate the progressive lefty nonsense into his videos.

:damedamn:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I've noticed most of these SJWs don't look like your typical Somali.

Yes I'm hinting they look like Bantu. :mybusiness:

@Duchess you need to cut me of that advertising money :feedme:

Has anybody else noticed TV shows have gotten much less funnier these days as well? Script writers have to be very careful not to offend these people.

Trending a few days ago was a bunch of weirdos saying the Simpsons is racist because of the Apu stereotype of Indians and because a white guy is the voice actor for Apu.

They're all damn crazy

:noneck:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Somali in Canada:

1) wake up in the ghetto
2)Cheerios with Henny
3) get shot

Has anybody else noticed TV shows have gotten much less funnier these days as well? Script writers have to be very careful not to offend these people.

Trending a few days ago was a bunch of weirdos saying the Simpsons is racist because of the Apu stereotype of Indians and because a white guy is the voice actor for Apu.

They're all damn crazy

:noneck:

I got triggered when Bantus played Somali roles in Black Hawk Down.

I take pride in calling our Moriyans Somali.

They are our little misfits. :tocry:

samah-ali.jpg

A new documentary by a 22-year-old Toronto filmmaker is analyzing what is means to be an immigrant in Canada.

Directed and produced by Samah Ali, Hyphen-Nation features a 14-minute conversation between five women of colour that is inspired by her own cultural experience.

The women discuss how their cultural heritage influences their identities as Canadians and immigrants.

"The whole conversation is what's your hyphen?" explained Ali, calling her debut film a "nuanced" discussion about what black Canadian identities look like.

"And that's what opens it up to so many people to identify with because whether it's themselves or their family members who have an immigration story, everybody typically has a hyphen."

The women are asked if they identify with being black Canadians.

Ali explains this is both liberating and tragic. She identifies as a Kenyan-Somali woman, along with a Muslim woman and a black woman.

"I don't know if I identify strongly as a Canadian, but definitely when I leave Canada I identify as a Canadian," she said despite being born and raised in Toronto.

"The other parts of my identity, the ones that are more visible, the ones that I practice everyday are definitely the ones that are on the forefront of my mind. Compared to my Canadianness, it's something that I'm not really aware of until I have my passport and I'm travelling to other countries."

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/hyphen-nation-samah-ali-1.4402860

Full documentary below:

:mindblown:
What are they complaining about
Thank god I haven't been infected by this disease

Oh it's done whether it's illegal or not lol. That organization doesn't just fund anyone and everything. Funding falls into very specific random categories like fighting AIDS in the Inuit community and then that funding ends up in other random causes.
You're writing seems different, off :notsureif: I'm probably crazy for noticing but... Are you the same person :patrice:

Nah you're writing just seems more natural and less robotic and trigger-y

Its definently you. I also don't get triggered, I just get sick and tired. Very different from getting triggered.

The only thing thats changed is that I have been a bit busy with developing my pro LGBT Somali language website so I haven't had as much time to trigger people here. I will get back to my normal self in a month or two.

VixR

Veritas
It's all they know. At what point do you stop talking about this stuff, and start talking about original, creative things? Make a screenplay on aliens and shidh, I don't know.
I guess a lot of ppl feel like they're too foreign to the West and too foreign for their root countries, but I think it's blown way out of proportion. It's the human condition, and its reality; there are different languages, ethnicities, and groups, to yours, y'know.

I don't get it.
Zhe or Ze
:mjlol:I don't believe you

Status
Not open for further replies.