Myths of different peoples origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
What you say can only be partially correct. If I pick any random Habashi/Afar/Oromo population and Somali and include Yemeni also in the source and target myself, a Somali with some recent Yemeni ancestry, the calculator will automatically shift toward the Ethiopian populations and regard the Somali ancestry as lesser. We can be wrong in assuming the calculator is correct in discerning all backgrounds in equal regards.

One fun illustration is if I overfit and only use Ethiopian populations without any Arab or Somali, that will give me a closer fit than Somali samples, adding all Yemeni/Saudi samples. That is, Vahaduo will deem it closer to my ancestry than anything regarding Somali+Yemen. Granted, the third factor at play is, namely, that my ¼ Yemeni ancestry carried some Ethiopian-like (seemingly similar to Mota, not Cushitic), which undoubtedly is at play of skewing things further.

But what's interesting in particular is that it only removes the South-Arabian in Somalis. Check for yourself. The mota ancestry mostly stays, barely any of the "Natufian" or "Dinka" is touched and yet the Yemeni completely disappears. And Horner mediated admixture just makes more sense in terms of uniparentals and history in my opinion.

But what's interesting in particular is that it only removes the South-Arabian in Somalis. Check for yourself. The mota ancestry mostly stays, barely any of the "Natufian" or "Dinka" is touched and yet the Yemeni completely disappears. And Horner mediated admixture just makes more sense in terms of uniparentals and history in my opinion.
Regardless of what the case is (I don't deny there might have been some influence from Ethiopian populations), I don't think the admixture calculator is super optimal and there might be confounding variables we are not aware of.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Regardless of what the case is (I don't deny there might have been some influence from Ethiopian populations), I don't think the admixture calculator is super optimal and there might be confounding variables we are not aware of.

What I find interesting is that Somalis are very homogenous in terms of BASAL admixture levels once you discount some Sijus with Bantu and/or Borana admixture. North to south, everybody is incredibly close in admixture levels with a variation of like 2-3%. This is why Somalis seem to cluster so tightly in PCAs. So it's interesting that virtually everyone has this ancient Yemeni stuff by the looks of it but that it varies in amounts (some can be as low as 3% and others as high as 10%) yet this doesn't affect basal admixture levels where Somalis look like an extremely homogeneous group.

What I find interesting is that Somalis are very homogenous in terms of BASAL admixture levels once you discount some Sijus with Bantu and/or Borana admixture. North to south, everybody is incredibly close in admixture levels with a variation of like 2-3%. This is why Somalis seem to cluster so tightly in PCAs. So it's interesting that virtually everyone has this ancient Yemeni stuff by the looks of it but that it varies in amounts (some can be as low as 3% and others as high as 10%) yet this doesn't affect basal admixture levels where Somalis look like an extremely homogeneous group.
Yeah, that one is quite mindboggling. Everything so neatly on the basal levels irrespective of the layers of other signatures.

Marehan DNA also matches Al Kuwayni or Sheekhaal reeer Aw Khutub. REER aw Khutub and Marehan both claim to be from Harar and abtirsi is reer Abadir Muse WarWaa'Jecle.
Asc Walaal I’m reer aw xasan and I’m E-V32 same as the rest of my noble clansmen . I too think we have ties to mareexaan as our forefather hasan Al kuwayni’s mother was also mareexaan . Seeing that the myth of ahlul baytnimo was debunked im interested in seeing who I’m grouped with when I take the big y . My qabiils large scale political influence that dates back to before Somalia gained its independence while being such a small clan compared to others also led to me believing this theory.what’s your take on this ?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I always get confused of the darod and issaq origin cause most people say it was Arabs :francis:

but how are both sheik issaq and darod bani hashim that’s probably a myth:mjlol:

im guessing Somalis aren’t decendents of Arabs :cosbyhmm:
We existed before arabs, so how can we come from them? Also it sounds like our ancestors were animals that needed some calool weyn arab to impregnate their women. Sounds like some racist ass shit.

@Abaaleeyborn

Welcome to the Forum Sxb,

When do think you might take big Y test.

This Company has all year discount at $299.

@Pioneer thanks walaal I’ve been looking at Dante and familytree and they were pretty expensive so I was hesitant to order it . I’m for sure gonna order this nebula one right now . I’m interested in knowing if we have ties to any other qabiil . Hopefully this will shine so slight on that . Do you know of any other reer aw xasan that took the big y ?

We existed before arabs, so how can we come from them? Also it sounds like our ancestors were animals that needed some calool weyn arab to impregnate their women. Sounds like some racist ass shit.
Your innocent outrage is cute.

This man's :fittytousand: ancestor might be an Arab from South Arabia.

:drakekidding:

I was pleased when I saw my family's DNA results and realised Sheikh Daarood being an Arab or of a Semitic paternal haplogroup was a myth.

I always sensed my farodheer genes did not point to Asia.

will-smith-celebration.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.