Myths of different peoples origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Somalis hail from Saamale.

Russians, Poles and Czechs hail from three brothers (the Russians from Rus, the Poles from Lech and the Czechs from Chech).

What other examples do we have of peoples origin?

I am referring to myths and legends.

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud

Russians, Poles and Czechs hail from three brothers (the Russians from Rus, the Poles from Lech and the Czechs from Chech).

Only some clans hail from Samaale. The rahanweyn and other minor tribes are from his brother Sab whose father is Hill.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Arabs and Jews and Ibrahim/Abraham (AS)? The whole descent from nabi Yaqub (AS) and nabi Ismail (AS), basically.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Yes but bani israiil is prophet Yaqub(AS) children.

Yes. The Jews descend from Ibrahim (AS) through Yaqub (AS) whereas the Arabs (at least the Adnan tribes, to my knowledge) descend from Ibrahim (AS) as well through Ismail (AS). So the Arabs link themselves to the Jews in a manner not so different from the Somali qabils.

Yes. The Jews descend from Ibrahim (AS) through Yaqub (AS) whereas the Arabs (at least the Adnan tribes, to my knowledge) descend from Ibrahim (AS) as well through Ismail (AS). So the Arabs link themselves to the Jews in a manner not so different from the Somali qabils.
I always get confused of the darod and issaq origin cause most people say it was Arabs :francis:

but how are both sheik issaq and darod bani hashim that’s probably a myth:mjlol:

im guessing Somalis aren’t decendents of Arabs :cosbyhmm:

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
I always get confused of the darod and issaq origin cause most people say it was Arabs :francis:

but how are both sheik issaq and darod bani hashim that’s probably a myth:mjlol:

im guessing Somalis aren’t decendents of Arabs :cosbyhmm:
They are not banu hashim but are probably arab as they have descendants in many arab countries.

Your neighbors the Serbs and Croats got their names from Sarmatian (Iranian) tribes, the Bulgarians got theirs from a Turkic tribe, the Macedonians from Greeks. Slavs did a lot of c*cking. :samwelcome:

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I was always fascinated by the hungarians and their myths of origin and origin. They are closely linked to Turks (in terms of language, culture and origin).

They are even part of some Turkic worldwide union organization and maintain good relationship with Turkey and have done so for a long period of time.

Other Europeans used to refer to Hungarians as Turks.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Your neighbors the Serbs and Croats got their names from Sarmatian (Iranian) tribes, and the Bulgarians got theirs from a Turkic tribe.

Probably. Bulgarians are slavicized Turks basically.

The Hungarian forefathers (the Magyars) that came to Europe from the Central Asian steppes are Turkic as well, but todays Hungarians are mostly Slavic and Germanic genetically.

Probably. Bulgarians are slavicized Turks basically.

The Hungarian forefathers (the Magyars) that came to Europe from the Central Asian steppes are Turkic as well, but todays Hungarians are mostly Slavic and Germanic genetically.
Ethnic Bulgarians don't really have any Asian DNA, they just kept the name of the invading elites. They're old Balkan Thracian w/ migration period Slavic ancestry.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Ethnic Bulgarians don't really have any Asian DNA, they just kept the name of the invading elites. They're old Balkan Thracian w/ migration period Slavic ancestry.

You are probably right. Some of them do look Turkic though.

Are the Greeks of today the descendents of ancient Greeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending