Myths of different peoples origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Dir (mostly T1a) and Hawiye (usually EV32) don't even share the same haplogroup so there isn't credence to the Irrir Samale myth. Hence can't be paternally related. Hawiye is closer to Darood and half of Issaq. Unless you are J you shouldn't claim Arab. Anyone who does is just a poser with an embarassing sheegada (false) lineage. What I will say is that autosomally Somalis are very similar. Also, there are many Somali maternal haplogroups. Too many to count.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
T is from the Levant

But Dir (Cissa, Samaroon, Suure, Gurgura etc) is predpminately T (more so than any other macrotribe). One minute you are claiming they are indigenous and that marrying from this clan made certain qabils lineally Somali. Then the next second they are foreigners. Keep your story straight.

They don't claim Arab. The only T possessing Non-Dir tribe (as they can't make up their mind) who claim Arab is a proportion of Issaq (we know all of them aren't T nor do they all identify as ana Arab). FYI the only real Arabs are from the Gulf not Levant. :dead1:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Modern Greeks are more "white" than Greeks of antiquity do to the slavic migrations. You guys c*cked them too :hemad:

An old post I made pertaining to this:

Indeed. This is pretty much what we know from the archaeology and ancient DNA now regarding Europe's population history:
  • The most indigenous strain of ancestry on Peninsular Europe were "WHGs"
  • WHGs = Western European Hunter-Gatherers
  • In Eastern Europe (European Russia and places like Ukraine) they mixed with "ANEs"
  • ANEs = Ancient North Eurasians
  • ANEs' ancestry mostly peaks in Siberians like Kets if memory serves me right
  • ANE is basically a very ancient relative (~35,000 years) of WHG with East-Eurasian admix
  • Then around and after the Neolithic in the ME farmers from Anatolia (Turkey) expand
  • These farmers bring farming, the first animal domestication and Neolithic culture to Europe
  • They mostly displace and absorb the WHGs in Peninsular Europe
  • In Eastern Europe another mixture is occurring between "CHGs" and "EHGS"
  • EHGs = WHG + ANE
  • CHGs = Caucasian Hunter-Gatherers who are a group from ME similar to HGs in Iran
  • CHGs and Iran HGs seem a mix between something like Anatolian farmers and ANE
  • CHG + EHG hybrids who have minor Anatolian Neolithic in them form
  • These hybrids = the early Indo-Europeans
  • The early Indo-Europeans expand into Peninsular Europe and heavily mix with the farmers
  • Modern Europeans essentially = Steppe (IE) + Anatolian Farmers + remnant WHG
Oversimplified a bit, believe or not, but that's the gist and we have a myriad of papers, samples and analyses to prove it:

(Follow the publication history of this Harvard Med Geneticist if you wanna see the other studies, especially the more recent ones)

Southern Europe, mainly Greece and Italy sort of breaks from this clear-cut story, though. Both regions received post-Neolithic admixture from the Middle-East after the Anatolian and CHG stuff. Greece seems to have started to get it between the Neolithic and Bronze-Age and continued on some level ever since.

The later ME ancestry in Greece and much of the Balkans is different from what it's in other Europeans like Brits and Germans in that it comes with elements like Natufian and Iran Neolithic related ancestry from the post-Neolithic Middle-East when ancient MEs basically started intermixing and forming people like Chalcolithic Iranians who were a mix of CHG, Iran-Neolithic, Natufian, Anatolian-Neolithic and so forth.

Italy is very similar but with Italy a recent paper has shown us that this shift only began around the Iron-Age:

GffQ5Q8.gif

Late Republican and Imperial Rome seems to have encouraged quite massive influxes of MENAs into Italy alongside the substantial Greek colonization that was already going on. But both Greece and Italy experienced a sort of "balancing effect" during the Middle-Ages. With Greece and the Balkans this was the expansions of the Slavs who left behind quite a heavy mark on even modern Greeks genetically whereas in Italy it was the expansions of the Germanic and Celtic Barbarians which leaves us now with modern Greeks and Italians who sit in an intermediate position between North-Central Europeans and Middle-Easterners where ancient Greeks would have been much more ME shifted and pre-Late Republic Romans would have been more European shifted:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These are models using a software called nMonte on this website running samples from a Global PCA hosted by this quite prolific Polish gentleman from this blog who even gets recognition from and rubs shoulders with the authors of many of the studies I shared. He's a pretty reliable character as his software. Anyway, gonna leave this tangent be. Already derailed the thread enough.

Hope you were following along and learned something interesting, little huuno.

So yes, most modern Greeks are arguably around 60-80% descended from their Classical and Bronze Age predecessors but they have acquired a lot of Slavic admixture, particularly on the mainland and the more north you go like Macedonia.

What happened in Greece, Anatolia, the Caucasus and Iran during the Bronze and early Iron Ages was basically similar to what happened with Oghuz Turks over the last millennia. Steppe herders with a warrior culture but this time Indo-European rather than Turkic poured out of the steppes and mixed into the populations of various civilized farmer peoples like the Minoans, Hattians, Hurrians and Elamites who were all mostly of Middle-Eastern descent (Anatolian Neolithic, Iranian Neolithic, Caucasus Hunter-Gatherer and Natufian mixes). These steppe herders mostly seem to have installed themselves among the elites of these civilized groups hence why their religious beliefs, various customs and, most importantly, their languages got left behind in the form of languages like Greek, Hittite, Luwian, Persian and so forth.

It is basically the Turkey/Azerbaijan story but during the Bronze and Iron Ages. And the steppe herders this time would have been more similar genetically to groups like Balts and East Slavs rather than being West-Eurasian:East-Eurasian mixes like Kazakhs, Kyrgyz and Uyghurs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The Samaale thing is potentially true.

There is this relatively young Bronze Age paternal lineage that is extremely frequent in Somalis.

It is dated to 600 BCE (when early Rome started more or less).

Apollo, I get that. The thing is the origin story needs to be repurposed. (1) To dissuade Beesha Ana Arab (2) And to highlight real paternal linkages rather than artificial political alliances (that occured much later).

Also, how would you rewrite the story of Samaale? :lol:

Modern Greeks are more "white" than Greeks of antiquity do to the slavic migrations. You guys c*cked them too :hemad:
Roughly modeled Greeks with Mycenaean and some other Slavic proxy.
1616703064339.png

Used Minoan proxy instead:
1616703076297.png

It seems like Mycenaeans, too, got some ancient Slavic intrusion that their Minoan predecessors didn't have.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
It seems like Mycenaeans, too, got some ancient Slavic intrusion that their Minoan predecessors didn't have.

Ummm... No, not possible at all historically. They are eating up some of the "Slavic" because they are part steppe herder as I said above and steppe herders of the Middle to Late Bronze Age were genetically very similar to Balts and East Slavs like Lithuanians or Russians who aren't going to be too different from a West Slav like a Pole. Read the post I made above. Try to model Mycenaeans as "Minoan + Srubnaya" or Sintashta or even regular Corded Ware. That would be a relatively accurate model.

Apollo

VIP
Europeans got so many Ancient DNA samples I sometimes almost get jealous.

Africa is severally lacking in Ancient DNA. Kenya has the most for East Africa. Those Ancient South Cushitic remains are not identical to any modern population (very unique PCA plotting). Kinda shocking.

Ummm... No, not possible at all historically. They are eating up some of the "Slavic" because they are part steppe herder as I said above and steppe herders of the Middle to Late Bronze Age were genetically very similar to Balts and East Slavs like Lithuanians or Russians who aren't going to be too different from a West Slav like a Pole. Read the post I made above. Try to model Mycenaeans as "Minoan + Srubnaya" or Sintashta or even regular Corded Ware. That would be a relatively accurate model.
That makes more sense. Thanks for correcting.

However, the Mycenaeans differed from Minoans in deriving additional ancestry from an ultimate source related to the hunter-gatherers of eastern Europe and Siberia, introduced via a proximal source related to either the inhabitants of either the Eurasian steppe or Armenia.

Apollo

VIP
Greek sounds like Iberian Spanish, yet there is no linguistic connection. :lol:

While Iberian Portuguese sounds like Russian. :silanyolaugh:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Greek sounds like Iberian Spanish, yet there is no linguistic connection. :lol:

While Iberian Portuguese sounds like Russian. :silanyolaugh:

What the f*ck... I knew about Greek and always found it peculiar but you were not kidding about Iberian Portuguese:

:wtf:

Apollo

VIP
What the f*ck... I knew about Greek and always found it peculiar but you were not kidding about Iberian Portuguese:

:wtf:

To outsiders Af-Maxa Somali sounds like Arabic (to non-Somalis).
While Af-Maay Somali (with low to no Maxa loanwords/phraseology) sounds maybe like Nilo-Saharan or Malay languages.

:lol:

Europeans got so many Ancient DNA samples I sometimes almost get jealous.

Africa is severally lacking in Ancient DNA. Kenya has the most for East Africa. Those Ancient South Cushitic remains are not identical to any modern population (very unique PCA plotting). Kinda shocking.
Hopefully, they start to find more ancient DNA. Europe is basically reasonably mapped out on that end. Africa needs attention now to understand the deeper history.

I remember one individual modeling those Early Kenyan PN samples, Chad Rholfesn, I think his name was. They share a lot with today's Horners, only not directly derived. If we even remove their East African hunter-gatherer shit, they'll be in the 70 percentile Eurasian with the rest AEA, IIRC.

73878f2d8c5f8c9834f8f82cf892be24.png

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
To outsiders Af-Maxa Somali sounds like Arabic (to non-Somalis).
While Af-Maay Somali (with low to no Maxa loanwords/phraseology) sounds maybe like Nilo-Saharan or Malay languages.

:lol:

Oh definitely about Af-Maxa. Most people who hear me speak it here in the gulf keep noting how "Arabic" it sounds and a lot of random Arabs actually think we're just speaking some weird, really divergent Arabic dialect like Dirija. :ftw9nwa: The large number of loanwords don't help cos they'll often hear Arabic words alongside the similar phonology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending