My Dad is over protective and has no respect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Every weekend is a repeat of the last one for me. Say I'm going out, get asked when I'm coming home, gets told that's too late (which I do on purpose) then settle one an earlier time which is usually around midnight. Either I'm home by then or I come home at like 2-3.

If your dad is awake and irate just tell him he can either lose sleep every weekend or go to sleep and trust you. You're 18 now, act it. Your dad is never going to give you independence if you still act like a kid and dont stand up for yourself. There's no age anybody becomes an adult to a Somali parents eyes. Only attitude and your ability to survive on your own is what defines adulthood. You have to fight for it and prove yourself worthy. That includes breaking some rules.

Everytime you (successfully) push the boundaries your given they become looser. Everything gives in in the end.

I knew it :ulyin:

Elementary thinking my dear
:drakelaugh:
A physicist nor any intelligent person would reveal his/hers strongest links.
:mjlol:

Lots of sound advice given on this thread, some not so much. Pushing boundaries imo isn't the best way to go at it because your parents will think it's your way or rebelling, leading to more distrust and frustration. You need to prove yourself to them.

Somali parents are just something else. I recently told my mom a company was flying me out for an interview. She immediately told me not go, narrating a bizarre tale about how a woman from our clan recently had her son abducted and tortured after he accepted a company's offer to fly him out for an interview.

When I told her that story sounded like nonsense, she sounded like her feelings were hurt.

It reminded me of the time in 5th grade when I asked if I could go to the class camping trip, she said absloutely not as the gaalo would canablize me. She truly belived this.

Last edited:

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
I was going to make a flirtatious joke but that would be a serious injustice to such a post.
:bell:
Thankyou for the advice , my mother used to always talk about how you need to marry a girl to cook for you.I begin making my own food from that day on to prove her wrong ,it hasn't stopped the marriage talks tho.I can see how an independent women hates the thought of relying on a man for the simplest things.
:manny:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You are welcome saxiib. I know right, parents will never be pleased they always have something to complain about but at the end of the day they just want what's best for you.
Also about your aabo making jokes about you I think it is like that in every somali household,but could you give example on what he says to you:ftw9nwa: i get to hear now and then how much of a failure i am compared to other excellent xalimos.
But I don't really care, telling me that shit and comparing me to other people doesn't make me change a bit, in fact waan ka sii fogadaa, no one is perfect:nahgirl: I love trolling my family when they try to get me at me, it is all about mind games, I can teach you if you want:mjswag:

@IslamIsTheAnswer

LMAO

I had a similar story, my Spanish class had a trip to Spain, which they do every year. My mum was like your not going. I ask why, her response is a Somali kid died last year, I knew the story was bs. The next day I ask my Spanish teacher if anything serious happend on last year trip, her response was no and I'm like alright. I told my mum I confronted the teacher about this story and she said nothing happened last year, then I'm like I'm going to the trip , she replied you believe the teacher over your mum, I'm there like...:bell:

Last edited:

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
@IslamIsTheAnswer

LMAO

I had a similar story, my Spanish class had a trip to Spain, which they do every year. My mum was like your not going. I ask why, her response is a Somali kid died last year, I knew the story was bs. The next day I ask my Spanish teacher if anything serious happend on last year trip, her response was no and I'm like alright. I told my mum I confronted the teacher about this story and she said nothing happened last year, then I'm like I'm going to the trip ,she she replied you believe the teacher over your mum, I'm there like...:bell:
Hahah why does hooyos always have to lie about everything they are afraid of or unfamiliar with:faysalwtf:
They should seriously use their creativity and write thriller novels.
:fittytousand:

You are welcome saxiib. I know right, parents will never be pleased they always have something to complain about but at the end of the day they just want what's best for you.
Also about your aabo making jokes about you I think it is like that in every somali household,but could you give example on what he says to you:ftw9nwa: i get to hear now and then how much of a failure i am compared to other excellent xalimos.
But I don't really care, telling me that shit and comparing me to other people doesn't make me change a bit, in fact waan ka sii fogadaa, no one is perfect:nahgirl: I love trolling my family when they try to get me at me, it is all about mind games, I can teach you if you want:mjswag:

My father stopped comparing me to Somalis and now Indians + Asians."Chinese girl from your university became a milliinsure" or "Indian kids build a rocket"
The one time he compared me to a Somali was if he was especially successful lawyer etc.It used to be he compared me to every single Somali and say look at him.

I knew it :ulyin:

Lots of sound advice given on this thread, some not so much. Pushing boundaries imo isn't the best way to go at it because your parents will think it's your way or rebelling, leading to more distrust and frustration. You need to prove yourself to them.
Naaya where u been , you are too late anyway I revealed myself ages ago.

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
My father stopped comparing me to Somalis and now Indians + Asians."Chinese girl from your university became a milliinsure" or "Indian kids build a rocket"
The one time he compared me to a Somali was if he was especially successful lawyer etc.It used to be he compared me to every single Somali and say look at him.

Don't tell me your dad calling you that made you traumatized. :gucciwhat:I thought it would be habaar and some other big issues.:bell:
War caadi iska dhig, we all go through that. :drakewtf:

Can you get an uncle you like to speak to him. At least you have a dad at home lots of Somali kids don't have a father.

Him wanting you home early isn't controlling its because he wants to protect you and keep you safe. While you are busy growing up don't forget hes getting older he needs you just like you needed him when you were little.

I've changed my mind about your dad.

Most Somali dads leave the son to run riot whilst they constantly breath down their daughters neck.

Hence why we have one gender (the males) commiting atrocities crimes and the women often being submissive and broken.

I like your dads form of equality and hope he keeps extra tabs on you.

Goes through your underwear draws, picks your pockets and carries out his own form of a male virginity test. Mashallah for equality!

kaneki

jinx is my waifu 4 laifu
What a pile of horseshit, people go through far worse then this, it's part of the process of becoming a real man

Your father is destroying that entitlement syndrome before it ever takes a stranglehold over you, something which has destroyed an entire generation already that are spewing their toxic on her.

If he believes your stupid that's because you are stupid and this post alone proves his hypthothesis correct, you sound like a privileged highly entitled brat and such people don't deserve an ounce of respect & neither does society respect them

I wouldn't trust you with a kitten nevermind trust you in Japan among 99.99% infidels, your far too weak to survive there with your dhaqan or deen intact, with that mentality you would have likely hanged yourself

In the old days you would be left alone with some camels and a bucket of water in the wilderness in the blazing summer and turn into a man overnight.

The only mistake your father made was to spoil you from an early age, and not adapt to this satanic environment, you needed a year in a geeljire village and a few trips to dirt poor countries and watch kids sleeping on the street to blast that entitlement out of you.

There are people that have no fathers, come from broken homes, have disgusting rebellious mothers, absent fathers and here you are with none of those issues spewing your entitled garbage and still have the guts to complain about a lack of respect shown to you

HURR DURR PEOPLE HAVE IT WORSE THAN YOU! YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO BE SAD DURR

f*ck off with this retarded logic, moron.
Also, going by your own logic, you shouldn't be allowed to be happy since people have it better than you. This is a fallacy: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as
Keep blaming the victim, though. OP, your dad is an abusive c*nt. Get away from him. People like him only exist to make others miserable. They're soul-suckers.

Keep blaming the victim, though. OP, your dad is an abusive c*nt. Get away from him. People like him only exist to make others miserable. They're soul-suckers.

You have no right to call his dad an abusive c*** or to judge his character. That's completely out of line. You need to check yourself. (I'm not sending for you btw, it's just nasty. I can't imagine some stranger insulting my parent over the internet.)

kaneki

jinx is my waifu 4 laifu
You have no right to call his dad an abusive c*** or to judge his character. That's completely out of line. You need to check yourself. (I'm not sending for you btw, it's just nasty. I can't imagine some stranger insulting my parent over the internet.)

Describes his father's personality traits and character
You have no right to judge his father!
lol?
Parents aren't invincible saxiib

lol?
Parents aren't invincible saxiib

You're right, no one is invincible. We're all going to die but that's beside the point. Unless you mean infallible? In which case you're also right. It's just the least productive thing in the world to insult a stranger. It's also not your place. If you seriously think that you can judge a person's whole entire character from a few lines on an internet forum then I may have just discovered your issue. Thank me later, saaxiib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts