My AncestryDNA results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse! our neighborhood was raided. Some of aunties were raped and almost my mom but she hid! Wallahi some of the rapists knew her and were asking for her.
I feel sorry for you guys walahi your people were smart. My mom use to tell me you guys use to sell gold in the xamarweyn districts were all lightskins.

I feel sorry for you guys walahi your people were smart. My mom use to tell me you guys use to sell gold in the xamarweyn districts were all lightskins.
Yeah that’s what I heard. Most of the people who born after the are doing well though alhumdulilah. So many successful 20 year old Somalis! Most have college degrees or successful businesses or both! America really is a great country. Even the U.K. my cousins are doing well. But they married out like Nigerians or something.

Interesting mix. What do you know about your ancestors? Did you already know these things or are they a surprise?

No I mean some people like my cousins are criminals in America. They commit serious crime like assault and other shit. Do you live in America? Are your people are fighters or something? How did your make ends meet?
I'm rer mn. I'm the only family here with my mom and dad. Rest got killed in xamar

So then why did do another one if you already know your DNA composition? :ayaanswag:

What were your percentages of west African and did you get any Ethiopian DNA on your 23andme results?
I’m a hella curious person. My 23andMe is the version 4 chip. It 2.0 % West African and 0.1% Hunter Gatherer. 40 % East African but no more specific. 25% Arab and 21% South Asian. A lot of people show up on both my 23andMe and AncestryDNA so I guess they took it twice too.

I’m a hella curious person. My 23andMe is the version 4 chip. It 2.0 % West African and 0.1% Hunter Gatherer. 40 % East African but no more specific. 25% Arab and 21% South Asian. A lot of people show up on both my 23andMe and AncestryDNA so I guess they took it twice too.

Interesting,

I would have thought you got more West African considering 1/3 Xamar population in the 1900 was slaves, similar to the other benaadiri cities.

No Ethiopian either, and Somali as the largest percentage.

Your people DNA's is very unique.

Interesting,

I would have thought you got more West African considering 1/3 Xamar population in the 1900 was slaves, similar to the other benaadiri cities.

No Ethiopian either, and Somali as the largest percentage.

Your people DNA's is very unique.
I thought I would simply be half Arab and half Somali.

Apollo

VIP
I thought I would simply be half Arab and half Somali.

I always suspected Benadiris to have Swahili and Indian admixture.

For better results upload your raw data file to https://www.wegene.com/en/ That one is accurate for Somalis (regular Somalis get 95-99% Somali 5%-0% Middle East). You would probably get 40-50% Somali 5-10% Bantu and the rest a split between the Middle East and South Asia.

For better results upload your raw data file to https://www.wegene.com/en/ That one is accurate for Somalis (regular Somalis get 95-99% Somali 5%-0% Middle East). You would probably get 40-50% Somali 5-10% Bantu and the rest a split between the Middle East and South Asia.

Hmm, did WeGene give you a slightly different mtDNa? An upstream one compared to 23andme? It added an extra number on mine.

Last edited:
A8F8DC5F-2DFB-45A5-A573-04FBE5CE457F.png

How does AncestryDNA calculate percentages for ancestry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts