My 68-year-old awoowe is getting married

Yes it happens all over the world, so you feminists need to stop making this a somali only issue .
You read my post wrong. I never meant to say it only happens in Somalia, so calling me a feminist for what? How about you debate with people without feeling the need to insult?
Whether its leonardo DiCaprio or some other rich old white men . As I said its prevelant amongst all societies ,rich old men having access to younger girls through their resources .
Like I said, in the West and other rich countries, it isn’t as common. In fact no where near and actual statistics proves this. The average woman is with a man of a similar age group or slightly older.

Then the Somali awowe is seen as temporary cash cow until he's gone.
Nope, women do not have the resources in poor countries to use men temporarily. That is why diaspora Somali men who marry from back home do not like to bring their wives to the West because deep down many know that their wives are only with them for the money. Any opportunity that the West gives people in terms of money and independence can be a threat to the marriage.

In the West, a woman may use a man temporarily and use that money to start a new venture. We see this a lot with men who bring their fob wives who are then ditched. In places like Somalia and various other poor nations even poor men are struggling, forget the women.

Facts don't care about your feelings .

The data is clear & you agreed with me earlier lol .
The data is that in poor countries, the age gaps are larger and that in richer countries, people tend to date and marry within their generation. That is the fact. I’m sorry, but between the two of us you are the one leading with emotions.

A. I never said that this just happens in Somalia. I noted that this mostly happens in poor countries like Somalia. I used Somalia as an example. If you want to come for me, you can come for my poor and awkward sentencing which gave that impression.

B. I merely noted that these marriages simply won’t be common if there was an increase in living standards. That isn’t something you can argue with as data shows this.

She's 24 years old made able to consent & halal married , those unmarried feminazi's need to stop throwing a tantrum .
I never threw a tantrum. I merely noted that if Somalia were richer, large age gaps wouldn’t be common. That is a fact and why does that fact bother you so much? Does it bother you that the majority of young women simply aren’t attracted to older men and that the majority of the time it is usually due to poverty? Do you know that of recently, young Somali men have been marrying older 45+ Diaspora habayars. Why do you think that is? And if you were to explain the obvious reason, does that mean I can insult you and call you a redpill hater?

How does that make me a feminazi? What is feminist about women mostly being attracted to men who aren’t pensioners? I think it’s becoming pretty obvious that the word ‘feminist’ has lost its meaning. Basically any woman who voices something you don’t like is ‘feminist’.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Wendi Deng married Robert Murdoch who was 37 years older than her. There you have the claim made by some women that it only happens within Somalis busted. It happens in all societies.

I never once claimed this only happens in Somalia. My point is, this is more common in poorer nations like Somalia being an example . In the West, the average man is married to a woman who is slightly younger but of a similar age group. Marriages like the Murdoch’s isn’t common and the fact that you have to use a billionaire is very telling. Do you see the average Joe married to a woman 30 yrs his senior?

Last edited:
@Bundasliga and @Roorigeg

This is the point I was trying to make. Whilst yes, you do get age gaps in the West, it simply isn’t common like it is in poorer nations. Here is the data:

In addition, husband-older spousal age-gaps tend to be larger in regions where gender inequality is high, women marry young, and marriages are typically arranged (Carmichael, 2011). Micro-level cross-cultural data show that spousal age-gaps vary considerably between countries, but decline predictably with increasing metrics of economic growth, urbanization, monogamy, and education (Feng & Ren, 2022).

9A37978D-5D4B-4FD8-A99D-087A3E893EA9.jpeg

The vast majority of rich to average counties have an age gap of 2.2 yrs to 7yrs. Poorer nations as you can see have age gaps that are 8yrs+ and you’re much more likely to see a very average man who doesn’t have significant wealth marrying a girl old enough to be his daughter. That simply isn’t the case in the West, which is why you had to sight figures like Murdoch who is a billionaire and Leo who has a net worth that is near enough half a billion.

Allahumma Barik to your Awoowe.

Keeping that tradition alive.

I guess you can say…. another Uncle or Aunt that’s younger than you.

:mjpls:

@Bundasliga and @Roorigeg

This is the point I was trying to make. Whilst yes, you do get age gaps in the West, it simply isn’t common like it is in poorer nations. Here is the data:

In addition, husband-older spousal age-gaps tend to be larger in regions where gender inequality is high, women marry young, and marriages are typically arranged (Carmichael, 2011). Micro-level cross-cultural data show that spousal age-gaps vary considerably between countries, but decline predictably with increasing metrics of economic growth, urbanization, monogamy, and education (Feng & Ren, 2022).

View attachment 245152

The vast majority of rich to average counties have an age gap of 2.2 yrs to 7yrs. Poorer nations as you can see have age gaps that are 8yrs+ and you’re much more likely to see a very average man who doesn’t have significant wealth marrying a girl old enough to be his daughter. That simply isn’t the case in the West, which is why you had to sight figures like Murdoch who is a billionaire and Leo who has a net worth that is near enough half a billion.

We had a project manager who was a woman in the job that I used to have before the current one. She was married to a guy who was 15 years older than her. I also remember working in a government building where one of the woman was married to a man who was older than her at 17 years. So in conservative and religious communities in the West, age gap is not an issue.

Take for instance, Donald J Trump and Melania Trump. He was not a president nor did he had political ambitions when he married her. They have 24-year age difference.

President of France Macron and his wife Brigitte also had 24 years age gap where the wife is the older in this case.

Source: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-20/couple-with-a-larger-age-gap-happier/9680764

"Romantic couples with a large age gap often raise eyebrows. Studies have found partners with more than a 10-year gap in age experience social disapproval. But when it comes to our own relationships, both men and women prefer someone their own age, but are open to someone 10-15 years their junior or senior."

HoodHawiye

polygamist
First of all stop referring to her as fertile women aren't objects or some animals just made for breeding wtf does a 68 year old have any business having kids he will die soon leaving that child fatherless we Somali people need to stop bringing children into this world we can't take care of it is inhumane.
why does he have to stop referring to her as a fertile woman? a woman is not an object so he did not refer to her as such, and fertile is merely an adjective. albeit he does not know truly if she is fertile, i will fault him for his lack of knowledge, but the comment for itself was not an error

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
We had a project manager who was a woman in the job that I used to have before the current one. She was married to a guy who was 15 years older than her. I also remember working in a government building where one of the woman was married to a man who was older than her at 17 years. So in conservative and religious communities in the West, age gap is not an issue.

Take for instance, Donald J Trump and Melania Trump. He was not a president nor did he had political ambitions when he married her. They have 24-year age difference.

President of France Macron and his wife Brigitte also had 24 years age gap where the wife is the older in this case.

Source: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-20/couple-with-a-larger-age-gap-happier/9680764

"Romantic couples with a large age gap often raise eyebrows. Studies have found partners with more than a 10-year gap in age experience social disapproval. But when it comes to our own relationships, both men and women prefer someone their own age, but are open to someone 10-15 years their junior or senior."
Didnt the Prophet SAW marry Aisha (RA) when she was 9? Theres nothing wrong with these marriages in Islam, and not all of them are solely based on poverty like these feminists here ludicrously claim.

I don’t think it has anything to do with conservatism. Age gaps happen in the West amongst the ultra rich. Women married older men simply for financial security. Think leo and other wealthy men like Donald Trump which you even used as an example. Most Ultra Christians get married young to other young men. They’re much less likely to base their relationship on money and resources unless poor or the man is incredibly wealthy.
Thanks for proving my point. Even before becoming president Trump was a Billionaire. We’re not talking about the top 0.5%. Also, Melania was a poor Eastern European who used to engage in inappropriate modeling for money. Classic woman for married a man simply for resources.
That is a controversial one as she was his teacher and many see that as an example of grooming. The president has been mocked and looked at as down right weird for being a young man with an ayeeyo.

Yes, there is no denying it happens, that isn’t what we’re debating. We are debating if this is common and prevalent and even the source you used contradicts you and I’ve highlighted it red for you.

In the west, they disapprove of it and on top of that as they have noted that most prefer their own age which is in line with my data that majority are in relationships with people that are 2-7 yrs older.

@Roorigeg even the post you used says the same thing I’ve seen saying the whole time. This is why age gaps aren’t common in the West anymore:

With more women now working in higher positions and being paid more, they no longer have such a reliance on men for resources. So, fewer women will prioritise resources when looking for a mate.

Also, the vast majority are simply into people of the same generation. Yes women like men that are slightly older, but same generation:

But what these trends tell us is that the majority of the population is likely to partner with someone of similar age. This largely has to do with having social circles that generally include peers of similar ages and being attracted to others who are similar

I used your sources btw.

Last edited:
I don’t think it has anything to do with conservatism. Age gaps happen in the West amongst the ultra rich. Women have always married older men for financial security. Think leo and other wealthy men like Donald Trump which you even used as an example. Most Ultra Christians get married young to other young men.

Thanks for proving my point. Even before becoming president Trump was a Billionaire.

That is a controversial one as she was his teacher and many see that as an example of grooming. The president has been mocked and looked at as down right weird for being a young man with an ayeeyo.

Yes, there is no denying it happens, that isn’t what we’re debating. We are debating if this is common and prevalent and even the source you used contradicts you and I’ve highlighted it red for you.

In the west, they disapprove of it and on top of that as they have noted that most prefer their own age which is in line with my data that majority are in relationships with people that are 2-7 yrs older.

I beg to differ. In Murica, the women who marry older men don't face social disapproval. In this continental US, nobody cares what grown-ups do with their lives. And if a young woman in Murica marries an older man due to financial reasons, it is also the case back home. So I don't understand why the ones back home are ridiculed by Somali women in the diaspora.

My AA neighbor who died recently had an older AA relative and he was married to a young oriental wife, and they had a young son whose age was roughly 8 year old. If I take a guess of the age difference, I would say at least 25 to 30 years.

We see couples with huge age gap differences all of the time, and people here don't care about what grown-ups do with their lives. Frankly, people here would ridicule when they see women taking issues with older men marrying young women. Older women do the same thing as well and marry young men, and nobody cares the reasons behind the life choices of grown-up men and women.

"George and Amal Clooney. Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively. Jay-Z and Beyonce. Apart from their celebrity, these famous couples share significant age gaps: 17 years between the Clooneys, 11 for Reynolds and Lively, and 12 for Jay-Z and Beyonce."

"A new Ipsos poll conducted on behalf of Cougar Life finds that many American adults have engaged in age-gap dating — that is, have previously dated someone with an age difference of 10+ years. Additionally, a large majority of Americans believe it is socially acceptable for both men and women to date someone 10+ years younger than them. However, gender imbalances exist. The poll also explores the perceived benefits and challenges of age-gap dating."

Last edited:
Didnt the Prophet SAW marry Aisha (RA) when she was 9? Theres nothing wrong with these marriages in Islam, and not all of them are solely based on poverty like these feminists here ludicrously claim.
Yes and he was also married to Khadijah who was 15 yrs his senior and was twice married, yet you lot look down on previously married women, so cut the fake outrage please.

it is a fact that women tend to marry older men generally for resources. Calling people feminist isn’t going to make the data false. This is the reality. Women In poorer nations are much more likely to marry older men and a lot of data supports this. This has nothing to do with feminism. You look dumb trying to fight this.

Women generally are attracted to men who are slightly older but of a similar generation. They are not interested in grandfathers or men double their age.

Last edited:
I beg to differ. In Murica, the women who marry older men don't face social disapproval.
Firstly please reread my other paragraph, I’ve added more.

Why would you use a study that contradicts you then:

partners with more than a 10-year gap in age experience social disapproval

Why qoute it then?

In this continental US, nobody cares what grown-ups do with their lives. And if a young woman in Murica marries an older man due to financial reasons, it is also the case back home. So I don't understand why the ones back home are ridiculed by Somali women in the diaspora.
Because the point you and others keep on missing is that age gaps are simply not common in the West like it is back home.

once the economic situation back home improves, age gaps will most definitely decrease and reflect richer nation.
My AA neighbor who died recently had an older AA relative and he was married to a young oriental wife, and they had a young son whose age was roughly 8 year old. If I take a guess of the age difference, I would say at least 25 to 30 years.
Saxib, stop with anecdotes. You’re not getting it. Obviously age gaps do happen, but it simply isn’t common. All different types of data points to this. I never claimed it doesn’t happen.
We see couples with huge age gap differences all of the time, and people here don't care about what grown-ups do with their lives.
Nope, it isn’t as common. The average difference in age is between 2-7 in the west and it is much higher in poorer nations due to poverty. That is simply my point, and it is a factual one that is easy to grasp. Even the article YOU quoted points to that.
Frankly, people here would ridicule when they see women taking issues with older men marrying young women. Older women do the same thing as well and marry young men.
My point wasn’t to ridicule but to note that in poorer nations if women had the chance for money and education, they would give young men a chance and many wouldn’t entertain the proposals of older men who are old enough to be their grandfathers/fathers. We’re talking about a young girl in the Baadio/meey whose parents are dirt poor and if an older man with a bit of money comes, do you think she’ll say no, even if she’s repulsed by him? Can you for one second actually look at reality?Noting a fact that is backed by data and real life isn’t ridiculing.

Btw, men being with older women isn’t common. It’s even lower than the rates of young women/older man. Men often do not enter relationships for resources.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Yes and he was also married to Khadijah who was 15 yrs his senior and was twice married, yet you lot look down on previously married women, so cut the fake outrage please.

it is a fact that women tend to marry older men generally for resources. Calling people feminist isn’t going to make the data false. This is the reality. Women In poorer nations are much more likely to marry older men and a lot of data supports this. This has nothing to do with feminism. You look dumb trying to fight this.

Women generally are attracted to men who are slightly older but of a similar generation. They are not interested in grandfathers or men double their age.
Love has no age here is a 18 yr old boy marrying a 60 year old ayeeyo. I think you should stop being judgemental.

Love has no age here is a 18 yr old boy marrying a 60 year old ayeeyo. I think you should stop being judgemental.

He is marrying for lacaag or passport, or a he is the rare 1% of people that are attracted to pensioners. In every group you get that, but it simply isn’t common and that is my point. Btw, a man or woman can most definitely be attracted to someone significantly older, but I’m talking about marrying 60+

Why on earth are people trying to argue that young women are actually attracted to men that are significantly older than them?

:drakewtf::mjlol:

Stay tuned for the next riveting argument:

Is water a liquid?

:russ:

Trending