Musa gives Ethiopia a port and a military base on the Gulf of Aden. It's over

They better be good for at least one thing and he needs to go to Arab league as well get them to uae to step in line
The Arab league is a joke. If they didn’t stop UAE from doing what it did to Libya or Sudan it won’t do shit for us

The EAC and the EU are far more likely to denounce this

In all seriousness times like these makes me appreciate Garacad , Mudug (MJs) truly ahead of the game in the isku-tashi business.

They've pooled up resources from shacab, diaspora and businessmen to build a 100% locally owned port something we should all do.
I feel so blessed being a Puntlander. Highest IQ Somalis by farrr :2tjlv3e: :ahh:

Garacad is a jetty we have the same thing in maydh. Meanwhile your premier port, bosaso, half of it is owned by the UAE, just like berbera. Only difference is your port receives less traffic.
I thought UAE owns more than half of Berbera port?

And from the pictures I’ve seen online, Maydh’s port is no where near the quality of Garacad

Garacad is a jetty we have the same thing in maydh. Meanwhile your premier port, bosaso, half of it is owned by the UAE, just like berbera. Only difference is your port receives less traffic.
stay madT khat head. Enjoy your raw kifto and STDs!

at least ya'll got.... wait, what did you get in return? :mjlol:

stay madT khat head. Enjoy your raw kifto and STDs!

at least ya'll got.... wait, what did you get in return? :mjlol:
PL is like a jealous little brother lol, it’s flattering seeing you copy us though. Enjoy being left in the dust old lady
IMG_2820.jpeg

I thought UAE owns more than half of Berbera port?

And from the pictures I’ve seen online, Maydh’s port is no where near the quality of Garacad
They own 51%, so roughly half. Ethiopia was supposed to get a 19% stake in 2018 but they failed to pay it, so their shares were moved back to SL. The current split between us and UAE is 51/49

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
These Emirates boil my blood. All this involvement in Africa to create an image for themselves on the world stage.
Securing a "sphere of influence" by funding ruthless destructive warlords in Muslim countries. Libya (Hafter), Sudan (Degalo) and Yemen (Southern Transitional Council) and now empowering and bankrolling the Ethiopia military ( Drones, funding, artillery) and now navy. Waar Bin - Zayed ma yahuud ba? How do these actions promote the UAE's interests? It makes no sense, what is the benefit?

Look at this:
Gulf states used sub-Saharan Africa as a proxy battleground to settle their scores. It became the prey of a new military-financial imperialism from the Gulf. The 'hawkish' duo of Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, and that of Saudi Arabia established themselves as a powerful military power, a 'Little Sparta'(Saint Périer, 2018).
For example, it has acquired the ports of Berbera in Somalia and Assab in Eritrea, which it uses for its offensives in Yemen.
A series of investments across the continent is creating a maritime and commercial empire. The giant Dubai Port World (DPW) has acquired terminals in Mozambique, Senegal and Algeria.
In March 2018, DPW signed a contract with the DR Congo to build a deep-water port on the Atlantic coast, a $1.2 billion project.
Turkey and the UAE, which seem intent on becoming key actors in the Greater Horn, are building a series of military bases from Sudan to Somalia, thus contributing to the ongoing militarization of the Red Sea (Heibach, 2020).
The Gulf states, led by the UAE, have significantly increased investment in infrastructure, real estate, hospitality, transport and telecommunications in the Horn of Africa (Abdi, 2017). DP World, the UAE’s multinational logistics company based in Dubai, has won concessions to manage several ports in the hands of national and sub-national governments, including Somaliland (Berbera naval base), Djibouti, Bosaso (Puntland), Kismayo (Jubaland Interim Authority) and most recently Barawe (Southern Somalia, South Western State). Thus, the UAE pursued a ‘One Belt, One Road strategy’ in the Horn of Africa, similar to China's Belt and Road initiative. The Abu Dhabi Fund for Development also provided loans and grants to finance infrastructure projects in Somalia and Kenya.
The Emiratis want to be global players in diplomacy and business. However, the GCC is not a monolith. Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have moved the fastest. Together they account for more than 75% of the GCC's population and 70% of its $2 trillion GDP. The rulers of both countries believe this is their moment to make fundamental changes to diversify their economies and prepare for the post-oil era (Editor(2023).

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
But one ummah right? What a sick joke.
They have rebranded not as one ummah but as bastions of peace and interfaith dialogue. "Moderates," so to speak, and highly tolerant of their Abrahamic brothers.
The UAE's leadership has managed to rebrand itself as one of the world's most serious proponents of interfaith dialogue and to shift the agenda in its favour. Meanwhile, in the eyes of the US and some other Western partners, the monarchy is being presented as an 'enlightened model' for the rest of the region. According to the Dubai 2021 Plan, the Abu Dhabi 2030 Vision and many others, the ruling families aspire to pose as soft powers transforming the emirates into a global hub of market economy, green growth and tolerance (Kourgiotis, 2020).
UAE recognized Israel, which has become a privileged partner within the framework of the 'Abraham Accords' signed together with Bahrain in Washington in September 2020 (Lavergne, 2022).
As far as their Arab and Muslim audiences in SSA are concerned, the Emirati rulers are cautious enough to remind them that far from assimilating ‘alien, Western values’, they simply rediscover the Islamic Golden Age (9th–12th centuries) and revive the legacy of Damascus, Baghdad and al-Andalus (Kourgiotis, 2020).
I haven't seen the neo-Islamic golden age in this timeline, though. Just a lot more dhibaato where they go. When is that happening? Not very brotherly if you ask me.
Excuse Me Lol GIF

Last edited:

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
They have rebranded not as one ummah but as bastions of peace and interfaith dialogue. "Moderates," so to speak, and highly tolerant of their Abrahamic brothers.

I haven't seen the neo-Islamic golden age in this timeline, though. Just a lot more dhibaato where they go. When is that happening? Not very brotherly if you ask me.
Excuse Me Lol GIF
The UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. With brothers like these who needs enemies. They'll leave you in ruins and our leaders will thank them for it.

The UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. With brothers like these who needs enemies. They'll leave you in ruins and our leaders will thank them for it.
These countries are honourable and have fed and sheltered more Somalis than you and your entire bloodline combined be grateful to our brothers

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
These countries are honourable and have fed and sheltered more Somalis than you and your entire bloodline combined be grateful to our brothers
Tell that to the fathers loosing sons and daughters in Sudan and Yemen you brainless f*ck. If you want to deep throat these men then go ahead but don't act like they're some paragon of virtue you piece of filth.

I almost forgotten how much of a whiny little c*nt you are when the criticism of Arab leaders come up. You're so wrapped up in this idea that they care. NEW FLASH ASSHOLE. This is all political theater.

Don't you ever speak about my bloodline. I bring up a point about Arab leaders and your go to tactic is to go for my background. I'll take pride in my humble ancestors over whatever these Arabs are doing. Something I don't think you can from the way you fawn over these people.