Mum wants to visit Somalia soon, so I looked at travel advice.....

One thing stood out to me :childplease:

Health
  • COVID-19 is present in Somalia.
  • Malaria occurs across the country. Consider taking anti-malaria medication. Other insect-borne diseases include dengue, yellow fever, filariasis and leishmaniasis. Ensure your accommodation is insect-proof. Use insect repellent. Get vaccinated against yellow fever before you travel.
  • Somalia continues to have cases of polio. Ensure your vaccinations are up to date before you travel. Carry proof of vaccination.
  • Somalia has a high rate of HIV/AIDS. Take precautions if you're taking part in high-risk activities. If you're a victim of violent crime, including rape, get medical help as soon as possible.
  • Foodborne, waterborne and other infectious diseases include cholera, hepatitis and meningococcal disease. Drink only boiled or bottled water. Avoid raw or undercooked food.
  • Medical facilities in Somalia are extremely limited. If you're ill or injured, you'll need medical evacuation out of the country. This is expensive and difficult to organise.
Since when?

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP

Health
  • Malaria occurs across the country. Consider taking anti-malaria medication. Other insect-borne diseases include dengue, yellow fever, filariasis and leishmaniasis. Ensure your accommodation is insect-proof. Use insect repellent. Get vaccinated against yellow fever before you travel.
  • Somalia continues to have cases of polio. Ensure your vaccinations are up to date before you travel. Carry proof of vaccination.
  • Somalia has a high rate of HIV/AIDS. Take precautions if you're taking part in high-risk activities. If you're a victim of violent crime, including rape, get medical help as soon as possible.
  • Foodborne, waterborne and other infectious diseases include cholera, hepatitis and meningococcal disease. Drink only boiled or bottled water. Avoid raw or undercooked food.
  • Medical facilities in Somalia are extremely limited. If you're ill or injured, you'll need medical evacuation out of the country. This is expensive and difficult to organise.
Since when?

They are getting us confused with ETHIOPIA

Either way, the odds of getting HIV are low.

1628386452739.png

Key points
  • What are the chances of getting HIV? This page gives the HIV transmission rates associated with vaginal, anal and oral sex, as well as pregnancy and sharing needles.
  • An undetectable viral load lowers the risk of transmission during sex to zero, whereas a high viral load makes it more likely.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Health
Since when?

That's a blatant lie and rather sickening. HIV/AIDs is exceedingly low in Muslim countries. Where is the source? And if so is there contact information to file a complaint. You've got to Karen up when dealing with flagrant misinformation.
giphy.gif

Based

VIP
It's probably meant for the rich cadaans who like to cruise around on yachts
Is piracy even a problem in Somalia anymore? :farmajoyaab: its 2021 and Americans are still talking about our burcad days... why are they so obsessed with something we've moved on from

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@HIBAQ123 I have always called SmartTraveller for their BS travel advice on Somalia.

I even highlighted the BS HIV/AIDS warning. It’s actually based in cansuurinimo.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@HIBAQ123 they are lying about covid-19, I might even make a thread on it. Somalia is covid free and has been covid free for months.

Literally no one wears masks or practices social distancing yet society hasn’t collapsed like they have been saying lol. In fact no one even knows anyone that died from it or even has it.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
where did you get that ? Australian Government?? :reallymaury:

Here is the US Government Travel Advisory for Somalia .
View attachment 196552View attachment 196553
“Number of schools acting as cultural rehabilitation facilities are operating throughout Somalia with unknown licensing and oversight”. Niggas are talking about the dhaqan celis boarding schools, I knew one day they were going to figure out about them.
:mjlol:

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
@HIBAQ123 they are lying about covid-19, I might even make a thread on it. Somalia is covid free and has been covid free for months.

Literally no one wears masks or practices social distancing yet society hasn’t collapsed like they have been saying lol. In fact no one even knows anyone that died from it or even has it.
Maybe where your at but I know so many people who've died from it. Just last night a great aunt of mine passed way AUN. There's deaths weekly. They are perfectly fine then one day develop a cough, go to sleep and pass away in their sleep.

Saying there's no Covid in Somalia is dangerous because obviously that's not the case. When I first came here everybody was telling me that "covid is a western thing" "Somalia's hot weather will kill the virus" ...then people started dropping like flies.

We need to keep donating oxygen to hospitals to help not only the patients but the overwhelmed staff instead of denying the viruses existence.

@HIBAQ123

Mayve the HIV/Aids increased in Somalia due to the amisom presence in the south of the country.. Also Some diaspora men from surrounding countries such as Kenya and Ethiopia who sleep with local prostitutes in those countries contribute to spread onto their wives, girlfriends etc.. I can also imagine hygiene must be really bad in local restaurants since they are unregulated by the state.. So take your precautions if you go there.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
y
Maybe where your at but I know so many people who've died from it. Just last night a great aunt of mine passed way AUN. There's deaths weekly. They are perfectly fine then one day develop a cough, go to sleep and pass away in their sleep.

Saying there's no Covid in Somalia is dangerous because obviously that's not the case. When I first came here everybody was telling me that "covid is a western thing" "Somalia's hot weather will kill the virus" ...then people started dropping like flies.

We need to keep donating oxygen to hospitals to help not only the patients but the overwhelmed staff instead of denying the viruses existence.
you just answered your own question. “Great Aunt”, how old was she? My grandma died in her sleep in her mid-80s, so did my grandpa in his 90s.

I’d they died in 2020-2021 would you have also blamed it on covid? There’s something called dying of old age, everyone has to go at one point, just because they died in 2021 doesn’t make their death a covid death.

Find me a healthy person who died of covid that you know of, otherwise covid is gone. Why hasn’t society completely collapsed and millions of people aren’t dying in Somalia?

Let’s just forget about the covid deaths, how come every single person in Somalia doesn’t have covid-19 right now? just this friday the masjid was packed, wouldn’t everyone have contracted covid-19? Why does Somalia have one of the lowest covid cases in the world even though they’re just living life normally?

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
y

you just answered your own question. “Great Aunt”, how old was she? My grandma died in her sleep in her mid-80s, so did my grandpa in his 90s.

I’d they died in 2020-2021 would you have also blamed it on covid? There’s something called dying of old age, everyone has to go at one point, just because they died in 2021 doesn’t make their death a covid death.

Find me a healthy person who died of covid that you know of, otherwise covid is gone. Why hasn’t society completely collapsed and millions of people aren’t dying in Somalia?

Let’s just forget about the covid deaths, how come every single person in Somalia doesn’t have covid-19 right now? just this friday the masjid was packed, wouldn’t everyone have contracted covid-19? Why does Somalia have one of the lowest covid cases in the world even though they’re just living life normally?
I mentioned her because she was the most recent victim that passed away not because she's the only one. I've had 4 family members pass away just this week so don't down play it. They all varied in ages and were all very healthy till they contacted the virus. Instead of putting your tinfoil hat on and saying it's all lies count yourself and your family lucky because not everyone in Somalia is lucky and you don't speak all Somali citizens or know their conditions.

They literally went to the hospital, got checked and tested positive then died days later. We're not making fake diagnosis here:umwhat:

It says 15k cases just today and over 800 deaths but I'm sure there are much more since they're not testing every region to have accurate stats.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

It says 15k cases just today and over 800 deaths but I'm sure there are much more since they're not testing every region to have accurate stats.
that… that says 15K total cases not cases today, there were only 53 cases today…

I don’t know if I should be arguing with you anymore… :kanyehmm: