One thing stood out to me
- COVID-19 is present in Somalia.
- Malaria occurs across the country. Consider taking anti-malaria medication. Other insect-borne diseases include dengue, yellow fever, filariasis and leishmaniasis. Ensure your accommodation is insect-proof. Use insect repellent. Get vaccinated against yellow fever before you travel.
- Somalia continues to have cases of polio. Ensure your vaccinations are up to date before you travel. Carry proof of vaccination.
- Somalia has a high rate of HIV/AIDS. Take precautions if you're taking part in high-risk activities. If you're a victim of violent crime, including rape, get medical help as soon as possible.
- Foodborne, waterborne and other infectious diseases include cholera, hepatitis and meningococcal disease. Drink only boiled or bottled water. Avoid raw or undercooked food.
- Medical facilities in Somalia are extremely limited. If you're ill or injured, you'll need medical evacuation out of the country. This is expensive and difficult to organise.