Mp Zac Goldsmith tweets He looks forward to the day Somaliland is recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not lying :what1:

UKIP establishment may be wealthy racist cadaans but their voters are inbreds that suffer from "economic anxiety". In fact most of their votes came from a realignment where lots of working class Labour and Tory voters moved to UKIP.

They still have exactly zero MPs, so idk what kinda promises they're making to the sland community other than waving flags and eating bariis at events :siilaanyolaugh:

Don't you just Love Nigel Farage the creator of the Ukip party he's been lobbying for Somaliland for years. Since resigning from Ukip he works for LBC radio. You can't turn down publicity like that with him lobbying for somaliland over the london airwaves

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
Tories and UKIP looooool

These mans would raise the union jack over Hargeisa and call themselves British Somaliland if it meant independence. A sorry state of affairs :susp:

You're moving like the Tories are irrelevant when they've been in government since 2010. :ulyin:
And ain't no Somali voting for UKIP. :camby:

Don't you just Love Nigel Farage the creator of the Ukip party he's been lobbying for Somaliland for years. Since resigning from Ukip he works for LBC radio. You can't turn down publicity like that with him lobbying for somaliland over the london airwaves

If Nigel Farage supports you're cause you have taken 5 steps back in terms of publicity :drakelaugh:

He is one of the most hated people in the UK and probably the most in London :russ:

You're moving like the Tories are irrelevant when they've been in government since 2010. :ulyin:
And ain't no Somali voting for UKIP. :camby:

Tories have more important things on their plate than Sland, like preventing the party from imploding over Brexit

Plus Tories like David Cameron and William Hague were very helpful to Somalia and reopened the embassy :friendhug:

Cumar

VIP
Tories have more important things on their plate than Sland, like preventing the party from imploding over Brexit

Of course. No one is suggesting the Tories are making SL a priority. But the fact you have Tory MP's who even know what SL is and are openly supporting it on twitter?

Even you can't deny that's impressive lobbying.

Of course. No one is suggesting the Tories are making SL a priority. But the fact you have Tory MP's who even know what SL is and are openly supporting it on twitter?

Even you can't deny that's impressive lobbying.

Backbench MPs reguarily visit places with limited recognition, this doesn't change the fact that the UK is committed to a United Somalia, reiterated by David Cameron. Re-drawing colonial lines would not be popular in the UK. Labour and the Lib Dems would have a field day.

Tories are not in a political position to change the status quo, at least right now.

There are quite a few political parties in the Uk that support Somaliland we have this labour mp lobbying for the recognition of somaliland

But surprisingly enough the loudest supports of somaliland are the Ukip party.
He is my local mp I had forgotten about him. He is a stounch supporter of somaliland courses.

Cumar

VIP
Backbench MPs reguarily visit places with limited recognition, this doesn't change the fact that the UK is committed to a United Somalia, reiterated by David Cameron. Re-drawing colonial lines would not be popular in the UK. Labour and the Lib Dems would have a field day.

No one is saying UK will ever recognise Somaliland. The point is to build political allies in the UK and maintain ties with the large diaspora community there.

The bolded part is true, but Somaliland is dead-last on unrecognised countries where anyone is aware they even are attempting for independence. Kurdistan has far more popular support for example since they are active US and western partner in the middle east. The real answer is the Backbench MPs are only visiting and aware of SL because this issue was brought to them by their constituents. This brings me back to my earlier point, the UK SL community has done a very good job of advancing their interests. They even changed the official lobby group for Somalia in the parliament to be called the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Somaliland and Somalia.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmallparty/register/somaliland-and-somalia.htm

No one is saying UK will ever recognise Somaliland. The point is to build political allies in the UK and maintain ties with the large diaspora community there.

The bolded part is true, but Somaliland is dead-last on unrecognised countries where anyone is aware they even are attempting for independence. Kurdistan has far more popular support for example since they are active US and western partner in the middle east. The real answer is the Backbench MPs are only visiting and aware of SL because this issue was brought to them by their constituents. This brings me back to my earlier point, the UK SL community has done a very good job of advancing their interests. They even changed the official lobby group for Somalia in the parliament to be called the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Somaliland and Somalia.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmallparty/register/somaliland-and-somalia.htm

They have made a lot of noise for sure, as you said they still rank dead last in terms of recognition. And the "political allies" you speak of after all these years is a UKIP MEP (who still has dreams of ye olde Empire) and a handful of no name backbenchers looking out for their own seat in Bristol and Cardiff. I'm starting to think the sland independence movement in the UK is a bit over hyped :patrice:

lol look at these walaweyne all in my thread as if a tory wouldn't know what somaliland is? I think they all went to school and had history lessons Somaliland was a british protectorate after all lol Whats impressive is that we are now seeing all sorts of political parties PUBLICALLY lobbying for the recognition of somaliland. Now thats a achievement. :rejoice:

He is my local mp I had forgotten about him. He is a stounch supporter of somaliland courses.

Is he you should go visit him see what you can do to help with the recognition of Somaliland. Join a local somaliland society or something. I think there Are a few more labour mp's but don't count them out just yet we are working very hard to have all political parties in the United Kingdom on the same page when it comes to Somaliland.:chrisfreshhah:

Cumar

VIP
They have made a lot of noise for sure, as you said they still rank dead last in terms of recognition. And the "political allies" you speak of after all these years is a UKIP MEP (who still has dreams of ye olde Empire) and a handful of no name backbenchers looking out for their own seat in Bristol and Cardiff. I'm starting to think the sland independence movement in the UK is a bit over hyped :patrice:

You could also just as easily say the fact that those backbenchers feel that have to appease Somalilanders in Bristol, Cardiff etc to remain competitive in their seats shows how relevant Somalilanders are in those constituencies.

As for UKIP, a couple of tweets from Nigel Farage won't amount to much. Most Somalilanders will still continue to vote overwhelmingly Labour just like other Somalis.

You could also just as easily say the fact that those backbenchers feel that have to appease Somalilanders in Bristol, Cardiff etc to remain competitive in their seats shows how relevant Somalilanders are in those constituencies.

As for UKIP, a couple of tweets from Nigel Farage won't amount to much. Most Somalilanders will still continue to vote overwhelmingly Labour just like other Somalis.

An MP who doesn't support sland in Bristol and Cardiff is like having an anti-zionist stand for election in Stamford Hill and Golders Green:mjlol:

its not just bristol and cardiff but Liverpool and sheffield and east london aswell. SNM was made in EAST LONDON Whitechapel.

Cumar

VIP
An MP who doesn't support sland in Bristol and Cardiff is like having an anti-zionist stand for election in Stamford Hill and Golders Green:mjlol:

Lol, you joke but politicians are fickle people. They will believe anything you sell them so long as you can get out the vote for them. :pachah1:

Somaliland independence is non-controversial to British public. Ask yourself this question, have you ever seen a Pro-taiwan mainstream British MP?

Lol, you joke but politicians are fickle people. They will believe anything you sell them so long as you can get out the vote for them. :pachah1:

Somaliland independence is non-controversial to British public. Ask yourself this question, have you ever seen a Pro-taiwan mainstream British MP?

Good point :browtf:

Plus Tories like David Cameron and William Hague were very helpful to Somalia and reopened the embassy :friendhug:

David Cameron and william hague have been very helpful in supporting Somaliland throughout the years
Here's a picture of Silaanyo with David Cameron and William Hague
Britain doesn't really care about Somalia their secretly rooting for Somaliland.

10624786_10154955130145647_8145385254565585793_n.jpg

10624786_10154955130145647_8145385254565585793_n.jpg

David Cameron and william hague have been very helpful in supporting Somaliland throughout the years
Here's a picture of Silaanyo with David Cameron and William Hague
Britain doesn't really care about Somalia their secretly rooting for Somaliland.

View attachment 51621

View attachment 51621

hague-in-mogadishu.jpg

David+Cameron+Hassan+Sheikh+Mohamud+Prime+zfhdVigFeM1l.jpg

I have a lot of respect for William Hague, who was one of the first major western politicians to step foot in Somalia. David Cameron has also been instrumental in re-opening the embassy and organising conferences in London, if only he didn't let the eurosceptics in his party get to him :wow1:

hague-in-mogadishu.jpg

David+Cameron+Hassan+Sheikh+Mohamud+Prime+zfhdVigFeM1l.jpg

I have a lot of respect for William Hague, who was one of the first major western politicians to step foot in Somalia. David Cameron has also been instrumental in re-opening the embassy and organising conferences in London, if only he didn't let the eurosceptics in his party get to him :wow1:

The Great Hag Leader Himself Hassan sheikh. :rejoice:

He's a Somaliland Ally lol :chrisfreshhah::pachah1:

But in all honest merihan boy Britain doesn't care about Somalia like that You were Italian property and Somaliland a british protecterate.

Last edited:
Also people like me have grand parents that were in the second world war for the royal merchant navy with medals and decorated by the queen. Thats why all the racist white parties support us. We,re war heroes. :ooh::chrisfreshhah:

The Great Hag Leader Himself Hassan sheikh. :rejoice:

He's a Somaliland Ally lol :chrisfreshhah::pachah1:

But in all honest merihan boy Britain doesn't care about Somalia like that You were Italian property and Somaliland a british protecterate.

Also people like me have grand parents that were in the second world war for the royal merchant navy with medals and decorated by the queen. Thats why all the racist white parties support us. We,re war heroes. :ooh::chrisfreshhah:

I couldn't care less about Italy much less be proud if my ancestors fought alongside them in their wars, but I digress.:hillarybiz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending