Most of Somalia is uncomfortably hot.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Xamar is not particularly scorching but it is hot. But one think I liked about it was that although it was hot the breeze was very cold so it was actually kinda relaxing.

Afgooye was much hotter in my opinion

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
Xamar is not particularly scorching but it is hot. But one think I liked about it was that although it was hot the breeze was very cold so it was actually kinda relaxing.

Afgooye was much hotter in my opinion
i lived in xamar and i think it is probably hot. average temperature was between 28 to 31.

reer

VIP
It depends on when you go. There’s times where it’s so cold and rainy that you need to wear a jacket
depends on the degmo. before winter downtown hodan was really humid which made it feel really hot. but xamarjadiid felt much cooler. maybe xamar has different elevations causing different weather? @Mckenzie ?

My Sanaag got the coolest temperatures Somalia .

img_1319-gif.23216

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I think I understand why Bay and Bakool have so many failed harvests. They get a lot less rainfall than Afmadow and are only barely colder. They lost most of their rain to evaporation, meaning that agriculture in Bay and Bakool is not very stable, unlike the Borama-Hargeisa rainfed areas.

Average temperature during Gu (rainy season)
somalia_chirts_seasonal_marmay_sta.png

Average temperature during Deyr (short rainy season)

somalia_chirts_seasonal_octdec_sta.png

Hargeysa can be cold. Galkacyo is hot and horrible. I prefer Bandiradleey as it is cold windy at night and no mosquitoes.
First time I actually believe any of the non-Landers that say they have been to Hargeisa/SL. Not saying it is a hard place to get to or anything, but it almost always becomes clear they are lying when you ask them a basic question about SL/Hargeisa.

You are right about Hargeisa, it can get very cold at different times of the year. My mom was there a little while ago and she constantly complained about how cold it is.

My home town Berbera is famously crazy hot for a chunk of the year. My favorite SL town weather wise is Sheekh, it has a wonderful cool temperature for most of the year.

convincation

VIP
depends on the degmo. before winter downtown hodan was really humid which made it feel really hot. but xamarjadiid felt much cooler. maybe xamar has different elevations causing different weather? @Mckenzie ?
My stay was mostly in yaqshid, madino and daynile so pretty much nowhere near the coast but I’m not sure about if those areas are more elevated. It was still relatively cold some of the times but it would also start to get hot randomly

convincation

VIP
I think I understand why Bay and Bakool have so many failed harvests. They get a lot less rainfall than Afmadow and are only barely colder. They lost most of their rain to evaporation, meaning that agriculture in Bay and Bakool is not very stable, unlike the Borama-Hargeisa rainfed areas.

Average temperature during Gu (rainy season)
somalia_chirts_seasonal_marmay_sta.png

Average temperature during Deyr (short rainy season)

somalia_chirts_seasonal_octdec_sta.png
People in bakool don’t farm or Hardly do. Bay and shabelleha is where most of the farmland is

reer

VIP
My stay was mostly in yaqshid, madino and daynile so pretty much nowhere near the coast but I’m not sure about if those areas are more elevated. It was still relatively cold some of the times but it would also start to get hot randomly
same in kismayo i was surprised with the cold at night. cant believe i was wearing a sweater.

Jungle

VIP
Inbetween duhr and asr if you dont have to go outside , dont unless you really have to but even then you get used to it after a while tbh. Its hot but i wouldnt say its uncomfortable.

Xamars degmos definetly do not have the same weather at alll times like most big cities. Kaxda and karaan for example are scorching compared to waaberi and boondheere imo

I’ve been to all the large towns in SL + Addis ababa and Djibouti. Djibouti and Berbera were hell unbearably hot similar to Dubai. Hargeisa, Borama sheekh and ceerigaabo have the perfect weather not too hot or cold but they can get cold at night.

I even saw frost on grass camping on the outskirts of Hargeisa. Burco is humid but not as hot as berbera. Addis Ababa was freezing because of the elevation

Be carful when you go there cuz it gets hella cold at night

I remember the qabow , I lived in Ceerigaabo ,Badhan, Xiingalool and i been to Calmadow I remember it being crazy cold especially at night , the only hot place was xeebta in Laasqoray, lived there for few months and we had to flee the heat .
it's the reason why people dress like this , the shaal is a must
IMG_20210712_182932.jpg

Last edited:
I remember the qabow , I lived in Ceerigaabo ,Badhan, Xiingalool and i been to Calmadow I remember it being crazy cold especially at night , the only hot place was xeebta in Laasqoray, lived there for few months and we had to flee the heat .
it's the reason why people dress like this , the shaal is a must
View attachment 192992
Coastal areas are the hottest areas in Sanaag during summer like the town of Xiis which I think it's the hottest town in the Sanaag cuz ppl leave the town during the summer to cooler places usually to ceerigabo city

Trending

Latest posts