Mohammed Siyad Barre appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The establishment of the USC predated the Manifesto group, the USC killed signatories of the Manifesto, and the USC's leader was a Kacaan waterboy well into the 80s. Go google around and come back when you're more informed.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This kind of Googling?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
It's called the lesser of 2 evils. Utilitarianism, look it up :francis:

That's what he is either unwilling or unable to understand.

Siad Barre was awful towards the end of his regime, no one can doubt that.

Give me a pick between that regime and the one that has tens of thousands of foreign troops in the country, a terrorist organization running rampant, ignoring a looming famine for the second time in less than a decade, total loss of sovereignty, and just sold Somalia's waters to Kenya, and it's a no brainer which one any rational individual would choose.

Edit-lol not to mention the 20 years of total anarchy before that

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
It's obvious you guys are unable to answer the simple question that many people have asked already: why are you in the west and not in your respective clan regions enjoying the fruits of your clans "victory" in 1991? It's a simple question.

Puntlanders, Jubbalanders, D&M etc do not claim any sort of "victory". They were on the defensive. You constantly mention how many Daroods were in refugee camps, so you agree that Darood lost the civil war and hence have every right to be in the west as refugees. Why is it in 2017 that tahriibs are leaving Mogadishu and Somaliland for Europe and North America? A full 2 decades after their clans "won"? Shouldn't you be celebrating this great victory instead of claiming refugee status in the west?

Barre was a deeply flawed president, but that's not what we were arguing.

You're assigning the blame of what became of post-Siad Somalia on Siad himself.

:cryinglaughsmiley:

If Meles Zenawi decided to JUST Ethiopia after Mengistu, who on earth would blame Mengistu? Literally within months of each other, both guys overthrew their dictators.

One consolidated control like literally every single other victorious rebel and ruled until his death, the other guy fucked his shit up so bad he died during an intra sacad gun battle in Mogadishu.

Idi Amin got wrecked by Museveni, Mengistu by Meles, Siad by Aideed, Hutu Power by Kagame etc.

Yet only one of these guys decided to go on a rampage instead of ruling like everyone else.
Did Barre not exploit qabiil tensions? Did he not order his supporters to keep fighting long after his ousting and death? Did he not make a third of the country proclaim independence? Did he not commit genocide, looting, plundering and war crimes after his ousting?

I'm not blaming everything on Barre. But I'm not playing naive either.

Still, he is dead. Somalia is bettering itself and Insha'Allah it will propell into the top

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Did Barre not exploit qabiil tensions? Did he not order his supporters to keep fighting long after his ousting and death? Did he not make a third of the country proclaim independence? Did he not commit genocide, looting, plundering and war crimes after his ousting?

I'm not blaming everything on Barre. But I'm not playing naive either.

Still, he is dead. Somalia is bettering itself and Insha'Allah it will propell into the top

If anything, Siad Barre single handedly united all non MOD Somalis against him. There was no reason the opposition couldn't have overthrown the guy and establish the democratic government they were supposedly fighting for.

The question remains; what on earth compelled Aideed to willingly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

Duchess

VIP
Barre was a deeply flawed president, but that's not what we were arguing.

You're assigning the blame of what became of post-Siad Somalia on Siad himself.

:cryinglaughsmiley:

If Meles Zenawi decided to JUST Ethiopia after Mengistu, who on earth would blame Mengistu? Literally within months of each other, both guys overthrew their dictators.

One consolidated control like literally every single other victorious rebel and ruled until his death, the other guy fucked his shit up so bad he died during an intra sacad gun battle in Mogadishu.

Idi Amin got wrecked by Museveni, Mengistu by Meles, Siad by Aideed, Hutu Power by Kagame etc.

Yet only one of these guys decided to go on a rampage instead of ruling like everyone else.

Let's be honest here, even if Barre had stepped down peacefully when the Manifesto group asked him to we would be exactly where we are today. The fact that the USC targeted Darood members of the Manifesto group simply for being Darood is evidence to this fact. This wasn't about Barre being a dictator, it was about his clan and attempting to cleanse them from power.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Let's be honest here, even if Barre had stepped down peacefully when the Manifesto group asked him to we would be exactly where we are today. The fact that the USC targeted Darood members of the Manifesto group simply for being Darood is evidence to this fact. This wasn't about Barre being a dictator, it was about his clan and attempting to cleanse them from power.

Abiqasim that was as hardcore of a faqash as they get to the end and Hussein Kulmiye Afrax the literal vice president of the Kacaan were immediately incorporated into the USC leadership as soon as Barre left Mogadishu, while baby Bahal had to flee in an APC

:chrisfreshhah:

The USC was created and led by many from the Manifesto Group.

Shit the Manifesto group had people that were a part of the Kacaan Regime too. Too bad it turned to shit

This is what I said. @Duchess @Bahal youre all way of track.

Where does it say that USC established the Manifesto group? The Manifesto group included many Darood elites who were later targeted and killed by Aideed's USC. The same Aideed who worked for the Kacaan regime.
which manifesto elites where killed by Aideed?

First Darood elite name that caught my eye on the list was Sa'iid Osman Kenadid.

Duchess

VIP
Abiqasim that was as hardcore of a faqash as they get to the end and Hussein Kulmiye Afrax the literal vice president of the Kacaan were immediately incorporated into the USC leadership as soon as Barre left Mogadishu, while baby Bahal had to flee in an APC

:chrisfreshhah:

And Haji Muse Boqor, a Manifesto group signatory who was arrested by the Kacaan and spent years in jail, was murdered by the USC.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
It's obvious you guys are unable to answer the simple question that many people have asked already: why are you in the west and not in your respective clan regions enjoying the fruits of your clans "victory" in 1991? It's a simple question.

Puntlanders, Jubbalanders, D&M etc do not claim any sort of "victory". They were on the defensive. You constantly mention how many Daroods were in refugee camps, so you agree that Darood lost the civil war and hence have every right to be in the west as refugees. Why is it in 2017 that tahriibs are leaving Mogadishu and Somaliland for Europe and North America? A full 2 decades after their clans "won"? Shouldn't you be celebrating this great victory instead of claiming refugee status in the west?
@waraabe this is the one hundred million somaliland shilling question :cosbyhmm:

A couple of neighbours with sympathies to the USC marked my uncles house in Mogadishu for extermination before they barely escaped. Then you have idiots like Boqor Geeljire celebrating this disgusting behaviour after following the very same trail of refugeehood as my uncle
:snoop:

Qabiilism and irony don't go well together

Duchess

VIP
Let's make this clear: I don't like Barre or the Kacaan. Not one bit and not because they targeted my clan well before they targeted any other. I dislike them based on principle and that's what many of you here lack. You dislike the Kacaan based on clan and claim victory or fantasize about your clan exacting "revenge" against innocent people simply because they share a mythical ancestor with Barre. But even after this clan victory of yours, not one of you wants to live among the great members of your own clan but in the lands of the unbelievers. Funny, isn't it? So much for this great victory of yours.

Duchess

VIP
:francis:

Poor guy thought they were daacad.

I can only imagine what is last moments were like. Fighting for 20+ years against the Kacaan, only to be killed for being Faqash by a former member of the Kacaan.:mjcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts