Mogadishu

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I’ve been in Mogadishu for a few days now and I’m impressed. It’s super huge, you can’t even compare it to hargeisa lmao. I think 4-5 hargeisa can fit in xamar lol.

The roads are wide and have 2 lanes separated by cement slabs and every major road has side walks too for pedestrians. There are multi story buildings everywhere like it’s the norm, unless it’s a house or sandaqad off the main roads then every building has at least 2 floors which helps save a lot of space.

Here’s a cool corner building being built at Taleex.

It rains almost every other day here in Xamar and it honestly gets annoying lol, the rain turns all the sand into mud and it builds up all over the roads that aren’t paved, mainly neighborhood ones.

045B115E-3AC5-4A6A-882F-3F6014064753.jpeg

Here’s a neighborhood in wardhiigley, @xoxoboredgirl’s dad’s birthplace. It’s basically a slum. Apparently cars haven’t gone through this intersection for months now because of the ponds not just here in the picture but all over the neighborhood. The locals have told me they placed these sands here to block up the basins and make it flat, but that won’t do much because kids play soccer here and just dig up grounds again.

They should pave the roads and give the kids places to actually play soccer. Luckily my uncle and his company are doing exactly that, they pave the roads in neighborhoods and even make a place for water to collect too. He has paved over 10 km of roads in mogadishu and built many government buildings. He’s obviously Dhulbahante, but he also works with OG. This goes against what the irir worshipper @Gadhwayne has been saying about hawiye being the only people to help build up the city.

I remember my cousin was showing me around and I pointed at mogadishu stadium and he immediately told me not to do that, he says don’t point in any direction of major places. People here are super paranoid. They also searched me and everyone else when going to banks. The lock up major roads leading to anywhere major during fridays. We had to spend so much time trying to go to liido beach on a friday.

When I first stepped in from the airport all I could see was Amisom lmao.
8D3FF6EF-4C13-4512-B09A-19A75EF65891.jpeg

Here’s a Ugandan amisom officer right outside of the airport.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I’ve been in Mogadishu for a few days now and I’m impressed. It’s super huge, you can’t even compare it to hargeisa lmao. I think 4-5 hargeisa can fit in xamar lol.

The roads are wide and have 2 lanes separated by cement slabs and every major road has side walks too for pedestrians. There are multi story buildings everywhere like it’s the norm, unless it’s a house or sandaqad off the main roads then every building has at least 2 floors which helps save a lot of space.

It rains almost every other day here in Xamar and it honestly gets annoying lol, the rain turns all the sand into mud and it builds up all over the roads that aren’t paved, mainly neighborhood ones.

View attachment 198893

Here’s a neighborhood in wardhiigley, @xoxoboredgirl’s dad’s birthplace. It’s basically a slum. Apparently cars haven’t gone through this intersection for months now because of the ponds not just here in the picture but all over the neighborhood. The locals have told me they placed these sands here to block up the basins and make it flat, but that won’t do much because kids play soccer here and just dig up grounds again.

They should pave the roads and give the kids places to actually play soccer. Luckily my uncle and his company are doing exactly that, they pave the roads in neighborhoods and even make a place for water to collect too. He has paved over 10 km of roads in mogadishu and built many government buildings. He’s obviously Dhulbahante, but he also works with OG. This goes against what the irir worshipper @Gadhwayne has been saying about hawiye being the only people to help build up the city.

I remember my cousin was showing me around and I pointed at mogadishu stadium and he immediately told me not to do that, he says don’t point in any direction of major places. People here are super paranoid. They also searched me and everyone else when going to banks. The lock up major roads leading to anywhere major during fridays. We had to spend so much time trying to go to liido beach on a friday.

View attachment 198894

You are related to Farmaajo?

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
My cousins are from there, I stayed there for a month

my condolences tho last I remeber that place was ghetto even by somali standards:deadmanny:
The houses there are prone to flooding and each year, people die from flooding there. But thankfully, where we live is elevated higher than other parts of the neighborhood so that problem doesn't happen to us.

View attachment 198893

View attachment 198894

Abaayo have a blessing time in mogadishu and stay safe.

As for mogadishu, folka seriously underestimate it's size, I honestly believe 1 degmo wardhigle is the same size as Hargeisa.

Trending