Mogadishu

They should pave the roads and give the kids places to actually play soccer. Luckily my uncle and his company are doing exactly that, they pave the roads in neighborhoods and even make a place for water to collect too. He has paved over 10 km of roads in mogadishu and built many government buildings. He’s obviously Dhulbahante, but he also works with OG. This goes against what the irir worshipper @Gadhwayne has been saying about hawiye being the only people to help build up the city.

I think you took out of context what I said about Afweyne gradually losing control of Muqdisho street gangs in his last few years. Afweyne tribalism and lawlessness destroyed the central government, combined with the docile wing of the USC trying to appease Afweyne, betraying SNM/SPM agreement with the patriotic Caydiid wing of the USC . Haawiye were the main clan to rebuild the city but it is nice to see the return of DhulHante, MJ, MX, Isaaq and OG who dont have cuqdad against Haawiye. Everyone, including Isaaq, go to the capital and help rebuild it

But enough of that Jabarti vs Irir talk. Tell your nephew MrCheese that your people from easternSool deserve to get back their seats that previous Haawiye presidents gave PL state

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I’ve been in Mogadishu for a few days now and I’m impressed. It’s super huge, you can’t even compare it to hargeisa lmao. I think 4-5 hargeisa can fit in xamar lol.

The roads are wide and have 2 lanes separated by cement slabs and every major road has side walks too for pedestrians. There are multi story buildings everywhere like it’s the norm, unless it’s a house or sandaqad off the main roads then every building has at least 2 floors which helps save a lot of space.

Here’s a cool corner building being built at Taleex.

It rains almost every other day here in Xamar and it honestly gets annoying lol, the rain turns all the sand into mud and it builds up all over the roads that aren’t paved, mainly neighborhood ones.

View attachment 198893

Here’s a neighborhood in wardhiigley, @xoxoboredgirl’s dad’s birthplace. It’s basically a slum. Apparently cars haven’t gone through this intersection for months now because of the ponds not just here in the picture but all over the neighborhood. The locals have told me they placed these sands here to block up the basins and make it flat, but that won’t do much because kids play soccer here and just dig up grounds again.

They should pave the roads and give the kids places to actually play soccer. Luckily my uncle and his company are doing exactly that, they pave the roads in neighborhoods and even make a place for water to collect too. He has paved over 10 km of roads in mogadishu and built many government buildings. He’s obviously Dhulbahante, but he also works with OG. This goes against what the irir worshipper @Gadhwayne has been saying about hawiye being the only people to help build up the city.

I remember my cousin was showing me around and I pointed at mogadishu stadium and he immediately told me not to do that, he says don’t point in any direction of major places. People here are super paranoid. They also searched me and everyone else when going to banks. The lock up major roads leading to anywhere major during fridays. We had to spend so much time trying to go to liido beach on a friday.

When I first stepped in from the airport all I could see was Amisom lmao.
View attachment 198894

Here’s a Ugandan amisom officer right outside of the airport.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Are the neighborhoods seperated by clans or are the neighborhoods mixed?

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I think you took out of context what I said about Afweyne gradually losing control of Muqdisho street gangs in his last few years. Afweyne tribalism and lawlessness destroyed the central government, combined with the docile wing of the USC trying to appease Afweyne, betraying SNM/SPM agreement with the patriotic Caydiid wing of the USC . Haawiye were the main clan to rebuild the city but it is nice to see the return of DhulHante, MJ, MX, Isaaq and OG who dont have cuqdad against Haawiye. Everyone, including Isaaq, go to the capital and help rebuild it

But enough of that Jabarti vs Irir talk. Tell your nephew MrCheese that your people from easternSool deserve to get back their seats that previous Haawiye presidents gave PL state
Stop speaking on what you don’t know idoor, all you do is talk and none of it ever means anything

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Are the neighborhoods seperated by clans or are the neighborhoods mixed?
Separated by clans in some and mixed in others, it’s clear as day when you’re in a certain clan’s neighborhood. I forgot the name but there was this one place full of dhulbahante that had khaatumo flags everywhere and the shops and restaurants were named after dhulbahante cities and stuff. Meanwhile another place has galmudug flags everywhere and even women wearing galmudug baatis and hijab lol I’m not even kidding.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Separated by clans in some and mixed in others, it’s clear as day when you’re in a certain clan’s neighborhood. I forgot the name but there was this one place full of dhulbahante that had khaatumo flags everywhere and the shops and restaurants were named after dhulbahante cities and stuff. Meanwhile another place has galmudug flags everywhere and even women wearing galmudug baatis and hijab lol I’m not even kidding.
Do they even say that this neighborhood belongs to A certain clan or are they chill and welcoming?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Do they even say that this neighborhood belongs to A certain clan or are they chill and welcoming?
they’re chill, no one is territorial or anything. Nowadays they align more with their states than clans. While I’ve been here I haven’t seen a single benadir flag, but I’ve seen galmudug, puntland, khaatumo, and even ogaden region flag.

I’ve never been asked for my clan and people don’t ask each other too often.

A piece of advice don't hang around Makka Al-mukarama strip, that is always where the bombings happen.

Go to Xamarwyne and Bakaara. If you want to chill and buy things.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Haye hashac. You went to Mogadishu fast, that city was probably the biggest place in Somalia. More to do there than anywhere else though I only stayed for a few days with family.

Enjoy your stay there and keep us updated.

@Gadhwayne there was a docile side of USC? I thought there all 1 camp led by caydiid.

Thats what I call the USC/Manifesto civilians who undercut Caydiid/SPM/SNM and tried to name a new government without major veterans of the 80s liberation war. CaliMahdi wing of USC managed to steal a complete victory in which even the SSDF was revived and turn SNM into seperationists. A transitional plan was already agreed to but they had to please the defeated Afweyne and throw away the struggle

Last edited:
Off topic. I think @Gadhwayne is the most impartial poster here. Crazy mf in love with spoilers but with insightful deep analysis. I always love reading your posts bro.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP

:salute: Xamar changed even more, everyday there is new development. I was there less than 3 months ago, and the changes was beautiful. Albeit the trip to and from the Airport, with its countless checkpoints and whatnot.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

:salute: Xamar changed even more, everyday there is new development. I was there less than 3 months ago, and the changes was beautiful. Albeit the trip to and from the Airport, with its countless checkpoints and whatnot.
I might as well just leave my phone at home then lol.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Off topic. I think @Gadhwayne is the most impartial poster here. Crazy mf in love with spoilers but with insightful deep analysis. I always love reading your posts bro.

I would say @Gadhwayne is second to myself.

People have accused me of being Marexaan, Hawiye etc and someone once said I was Haitian wallahi.

If every qabiil thinks I am biased against them then that means I am biased against nobody.