Mogadishu and hijab

Ok I’m planning going to Mogadishu next summer with my mom, I do not personally wear the hijab I have a question to the ladies what would happen to me if I do not wear the hijab. I do dress modest without the hijab part.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
It’s impossible to go around Mogadishu without a hijab they’ll start problems with you. Main concern would be because of Al shabaab there’s a lot of members who live normal lives but people will never know that they’re apart of shabaab that’s why people take precautions there.

when you’re in the airplane from a western country to Mogadishu you will see women going into the bathrooms on the plane 1/2 hours before landing to cover themselves up before landing because they know the problems they’ll face. You got no choice tbh

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Idk about Mogadishu but I remember my pre-pubescent sister getting hate from people in Galkacyo for wearing a hijab but not a jilbaab.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
even the cadaans in Somalia wear a loose scarf for a hijab let alone a visibly somali women. You’ll get harassed.

Especially in Mogadishu you’re even expected to wear a niqaab. Al-shabaab presence is still there.

Backwards people imo. Even the children are being raised with radical mentality.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Ok I’m planning going to Mogadishu next summer with my mom, I do not personally wear the hijab I have a question to the ladies what would happen to me if I do not wear the hijab. I do dress modest without the hijab part.
Just pull up like this and you will be good
Ninja GIF by Walk Off The Earth

Last edited:
Don't do it . here is a direct quote from the USA state department.

"Terrorists continue to plot kidnappings, bombings, and other attacks in Somalia. They may conduct attacks with little or no warning, targeting airports and seaports, government buildings, hotels, restaurants, shopping areas, and other areas where large crowds gather and Westerners frequent, as well as government, military, and Western convoys. Methods of attack can include car bombs, suicide bombers, individual attackers, and mortar fire, among others"

Trending

Latest posts