Mogadishu and hijab

Xoxoxo

VIP
Heb je veel nieuwe somaliers die in jou buurt wonen en praat je vaak met hun? Als ik lang ze loop is het meestal 1 knikje and thats it ze praten nooit tegen mij :mjdontkno:
Komt doordat ze mijn moeder kennen. Ik heb veel nieuw komers en andere buitenlanders vinden hun oprecht niks (wat begrijpelijk is). Ze zijn niet bepaald vriendelijk en hebben een grote ego. Voor een of andere reden willen ze ook geen Nederlands leren of met Nederlanders om gaan en dit geeft Somaliërs zoals wij 2 en slechte reputatie. Niks tegen hun omdat ik ook een vluchteling ben, maar kom aan zeg! Ze zijn te belachelijk voor woorden, ze zijn bijna net zo erg als de Eritreanen maar die zijn op ten minste vriendelijk. Veel van die oude mannen zijn ook “alcoholics” of hebben een wiet probleem wat echt zielig is.

vlgsm kunnen ze al meteen ruiken dat je volledig hier bent opgegroeid en bent op ge togen. De nieuwe Somaliërs associëren zich niet met mensen die hier zijn geboren of zijn getogen kol

Ok I’m planning going to Mogadishu next summer with my mom, I do not personally wear the hijab I have a question to the ladies what would happen to me if I do not wear the hijab. I do dress modest without the hijab part.
In Somalia, if you’re not wearing a Hijab, everyone would stare at you in public and Al-Shabaab thugs might attack you. Don’t stand out, blend in and wear what’s publicly appropriate there, and stay safe.

Yikes really? My friends told me it was completely safe for us to do it in hargeisa compared to Mogadishu because people up north are reliant

Do what? Go out without hijab? I wish. You be stoned to death before you even leave your neighborhood.

Ok I’m planning going to Mogadishu next summer with my mom, I do not personally wear the hijab I have a question to the ladies what would happen to me if I do not wear the hijab. I do dress modest without the hijab part.
Best place to go hijabless in somali dominated areas are Djibouti and maybe Dire Dawa, and even those are highly skeptical. This won't work in Somalia, its hyper conformist, expect to be beaten or worse killed.

Not even an exaggeration. Little kids will pummel you with rocks, you'll get called a sharmutò, gaalo, dhìlo etc. If they dont lock you up for being mental you'll be harassed constantly.
Kids over there stone albinos lmao, do their parents not discipline them and let them run loose like xoolos

In somalia and somali dominated regions (excluding djibouti) they’ll give you a really hard time if you don’t wear a hijab. When we visited SL even my little sister who was 9 at the time and not normally a hijabi had people shouting remarks at her from the minute we got in the airport talking about “cover up, wear a hijab, why are you naked” like she was a literal kid wtf. My mom had to put a hijab on her so people would leave her alone. I’ve heard in some areas with lots of al shabab you have to wear jilbab too or you’ll get stones thrown at you

Backwards ass place but safety comes first so I would wear hijab/jilbab if I were you

I switched between a chiffon hijab and a small head scarf while I was in Muqdisho. It's too hot to wear a Jilbaab or a Niqab, idk how those women do it

Yikes really? My friends told me it was completely safe for us to do it in hargeisa compared to Mogadishu because people up north are reliant
The only difference is there is no al Shabaab in the north ,but the locals will still look at you weird & the kids might call you names .

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
I think that it would be best to blend in and wear the hijab rather than draw attention to yourself, especially in a place like Mogadishu

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

White gaaalo women wear hijaab when they go to Somalia-- Who the HELL do u think u r??????

It’s impossible to go around Mogadishu without a hijab they’ll start problems with you. Main concern would be because of Al shabaab there’s a lot of members who live normal lives but people will never know that they’re apart of shabaab that’s why people take precautions there.

when you’re in the airplane from a western country to Mogadishu you will see women going into the bathrooms on the plane 1/2 hours before landing to cover themselves up before landing because they know the problems they’ll face. You got no choice tbh
you know I can understand wanting modesty but there is the point where these types of extremes reaches a point of extreme retardation

It should be safe by 2077
gD1UK8eHyvbYsBPphmOp3B9_mdV0L3gcbtUeBUUL_NM.jpg

In somalia and somali dominated regions (excluding djibouti) they’ll give you a really hard time if you don’t wear a hijab. When we visited SL even my little sister who was 9 at the time and not normally a hijabi had people shouting remarks at her from the minute we got in the airport talking about “cover up, wear a hijab, why are you naked” like she was a literal kid wtf. My mom had to put a hijab on her so people would leave her alone. I’ve heard in some areas with lots of al shabab you have to wear jilbab too or you’ll get stones thrown at you

Backwards ass place but safety comes first so I would wear hijab/jilbab if I were you
I also think that putting hijab on a pre-pubescent girl is a bit much simply for the fact that she is still not a woman yet, but once a girl reaches the age of puberty and signs of physical maturity appear she should start wearing it.

Trending

Latest posts