Mogadishu 4k: Why Does it already look better than Somaliland?

Somaliland had peace since 1996. In some ways it kind of looks undeveloped and dusty. Mogadishu still deals with terrorist attacks and we just come out of Farmajoo genocide. From 2006-2009 Ethiopians completely destroyed Mogadishu. Worse than what Siad Barre done to Hargeisa. Inshallah in the near future I have a feeling that Mogadishu will be the best city in East Africa. Yes, better than Addis Abba and Nairobi. Now we got philosophy president HSM and the sky is the limit. Inshallah Mogadishu investors and companies will bring their expertise to GM, HS and Lower Shebelle. Please president Hassan Sheikh Build Hobyo and HS ports. Build a new road along the coast from Dinowda in Galmudug to Baraawe.

Mogadishu

Hargeysa

Last edited:
Mogadishu is the hub of Somaliweyn, every man and his dog wants to invest there. Look at most of Dahabshiils construction projects, they are all in Mogadishu. You also get political leverage if your a business in Mogadishu, since your close to the seat of power.

Mogadishu is the hub of Somaliweyn, every man and his dog wants to invest there. Look at most of Dahabshiils construction projects, they are all in Mogadishu. You also get political leverage if your a business in Mogadishu, since your close to the seat of power.

Dahabshil put all its money into Somaliland. They just recently started investing in Mogadishu. It is insulting and wrong to comment that Somaliweyn built Mogadishu. Almost all the companies and businesses in Mogadishu are HAG. Likewise I can't say that I built Hargeysa or Garoowe because that would be a lie. Please people give credit where credit is due. Nobody else invests in Mogadishu. Mogadishu is 95% HAG population, no Somaliweyn representation or contribution. Unfortunately because of the 4.5 system we do have Somalilanders, Somaliland minorities and other Somali politicians in Mogadishu who contribute zero but just take take and take.

Dahabshil put all its money into Somaliland. They just recently started investing in Mogadishu. It is insulting and wrong to comment that Somaliweyn built Mogadishu. Almost all the companies and businesses in Mogadishu are HAG. Nobody else invests in Mogadishu. Mogadishu is 95% HAG population, no Somaliweyn representation or contribution. Unfortunately because of the 4.5 system we do have Somalilanders, Somaliland minorities and other Somali politicians in Mogadishu who contribute zero but just take take and take.

Wtf is this HAG thing you are on about, ninyahow real life is not online. Yes, Hawiye are the majority of business owners but many other Somalis invested. If you know Mogadishu you would know. Somalis all over East Africa are coming to invest in Mogadishu, the return is much higher in Mogadishu than any other place.

Wtf is this HAG thing you are on about, ninyahow real life is not online. Yes, Hawiye are the majority of business owners but many other Somalis invested. If you know Mogadishu you would know. Somalis all over East Africa are coming to invest in Mogadishu, the return is much higher in Mogadishu than any other place.

What Somali's invested in Mogadishu? Give examples, Somali's have taken their wealth to their own lands. Reer Mogadishu built their city with their own hands. They are very good at making money and managing a business. Give credit where it is due and stop associating a communities success with all Somali's.

Last edited:
What Somali's invested in Mogadishu? Give examples, Somali's have taken their wealth to their own lands. Reer Mogadishu built their city with their own hands. They are very good at making money and managing a business. Give credit where it is due and stop associating a communities success with all Somali's.
:mjlol: 90% of business in Mogadishu and Somalia is based on partnerships across qabils. I am proud of my people for building Mogadishu from the ground, I remember when the Ethiopians invade and most ran away to ceelasha, and now it's built like a proper city.

But having been their last year, investment into Mogadishu comes from all Somalis and across all qabils. You would know that once you go there and actually speak to the people or attend events.

:mjlol: 90% of business in Mogadishu and Somalia is based on partnerships across qabils. I am proud of my people for building Mogadishu from the ground, I remember when the Ethiopians invade and most ran away to ceelasha, and now it's built like a proper city.

But having been their last year, investment into Mogadishu comes from all Somalis and across all qabils. You would know that once you go there and actually speak to the people or attend events.

Can you prove you claim? I can prove to you that billion dollar Hormuud is almost entirely owned by HAG. Yes we have a few small companies from Somaliland and Puntland inside Mogadishu, GM, HS and Lower Shebelle. For example Somtel (probably changed its name). But they take the wealth out of Mogadishu and invest it back home.

Can you prove you claim? I can prove to you that billion dollar Hormuud is almost entirely owned by HAG. Yes we have a few small companies from Somaliland and Puntland inside Mogadishu, GM, HS and Lower Shebelle. For example Somtel (probably changed its name). But they take the wealth out of Mogadishu and invest it back home.

Hormuud is owned by thousands of shareholders, the majority being HG and Duduble, which also own a stake in Golis and Telesom in Hargeisa. But Hormuud is just one company and there are thousands of Somali companies and business people from all over investing in Mogadishu.

I personally know people who recently came from Somaliland to set up a business, others came from Puntland and geeska East Africa. When HSM took office he invited all the Somali business leaders across East Africa to come and invest in Mogadishu.

As reer Mogadishu, we are always open for business, the only way to grow is to attract the best and brightest from across Somaliweyn.:rejoice:

Hormuud is owned by thousands of shareholders, the majority being HG and Duduble, which also own a stake in Golis and Telesom in Hargeisa. But Hormuud is just one company and there are thousands of Somali companies and business people from all over investing in Mogadishu.

I personally know people who recently came from Somaliland to set up a business, others came from Puntland and geeska East Africa. When HSM took office he invited all the Somali business leaders across East Africa to come and invest in Mogadishu.

As reer Mogadishu, we are always open for business, the only way to grow is to attract the best and brightest from across Somaliweyn.:rejoice:

Don't act like a hippy otherwise more Xijaars will be coming to Mogadishu. .Hormuud was refused to operate in Puntland. They called it Golis and is 100% owned by Mj. Likewise Hormuud was refused to operate in Somaliland. They called theirs Telesom. All investors are of-course welcome in Mogadishu. But Mogadishu is a HAG city built by the creative spirt and resilience of its people. And don't dare say that Xiijaar and his bum people contributed to Mogadishu. Because such a claim would be hard to swallow.

TAliye.jpg

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Mogadishu is a growing city with 3 million people and increasing every day. There is so much money to be made. It’s sucking in Somalis from everywhere, very welcoming people and city. It’s also a port city and the capital. Basically has everything it needs.

All this success is due to it’s citizens who are the most entrepreneurial in Somalia. With the best universities, businesses, services it’s going to attract the best and brightest from everywhere in Somalia and the brain drain on other regions will not be pretty.

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
To be fair, the somalianlanders don’t get the kind of money we do.
That’s why SL should just take the L and try to patch up it’s relations with Somalia. Or just take a Taiwan route and claim all of Somalia 😂 then the international community would invest in safer hargeisa rather then hostile bombadishu

Based

VIP
That’s why SL should just take the L and try to patch up it’s relations with Somalia. Or just take a Taiwan route and claim all of Somalia 😂 then the international community would invest in safer hargeisa rather then hostile bombadishu
Muqdisho is not hostile. Mogadishu is safer and better than Hargeisa. They come to muqdisho to flee from the harsh, lawless lands of north west region of somalia.

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
Muqdisho is not hostile. Mogadishu is safer and better than Hargeisa. They come to muqdisho to flee from the harsh, lawless lands of north west region of somalia.
Xamar is safer then hargeisa Kulaha 😂, bro let’s be real here. Bombadishu has a terrorist attack every 2-3 business days, hargeisa on the other hand not so much

Reborn
I think your assessment lacks historical perspectives.It's very much true Mogadishu is much bigger commercial hub and a bigger population than Hargeisa which is thriving (despite facing triple TAX from AS,ISIS and gov) due to private sector led development by locals/diaspora.

However you can't dismiss the colonial history where Mogadishu had the highest standard of living in the 1950's in Africa and city planning done.This was then followed by dictatorship that made the whole country Mogadishu centric.Hargeisa underdevelopment continued right till now but Alhamdullillah it's a city that is self made despite being flattened in 1988 and has a democratically elected local government that are actually doing their job for once.

The excuse for disparity between the two due to international community status is insignificant but it's more so due to the historical context.

Give mayor Mooge (Hargeisa) 4 more years and I believe it will be the reverse where Hargeisa would be a better city to live in for the common person with better roads and infrastructure.

Trending