Modern University Educated Xalimos In a Nutchell......

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
No they dont....they become angry they wasted their time on a useless degree. What they hold dear is life during their time in uni, like the friends they made and the life experience. And no one enters University choosing a degree and say I wont work in this field, but I am interested in this degree to get more knowledge in this subject.

They may but they came out smarter and more knowledgeable.

As our religion says, seeking knowledge is compulsory on every Muslim.

Ima need my sisters to stop majoring in useless shit. University is a waste if you don’t major in something with high ROI. Cause yea you’ll have a degree but you’ll also be 40k in debt with no job

Alx I chose nursing and now I make around 70k right out the gate. My hooyo would have laughed at me if I chose to major in psych or humanities and I’m thankful that she didn’t want me to settle for less. Bc it’s all about what gets you good money and a stable job
Nurses make 70,000 USD or CAD in Canada?

They may but they came out smarter and more knowledgeable.

As our religion says, seeking knowledge is compulsory on every Muslim.
Yes useful knowledge. No human can acquire all knowledge in the world. So we choose the most useful knowledge that benefits our lives

Well, the job market needs an overhaul then. The reality is that you need a degree regardless what it is in order for you to get your foot in the door when it comes to a lot of professional non trade jobs.

There are many jobs that simply require you have a 2:1 degree from a reputable university and you may simply need to just do an extra short course. But if you have no degree, there is hardly anyway you can get the job, unless you have connections ect.

I don't have a stem degree, but I would not have the job that I have, if I didn't have a degree. Honestly, encouraging Somalis not to get a university degree if it isn't stem is misguided advice. Even more so a Western degree gives you the ability to work abroad and actually look for better opportunities outside of your country.
Everything you said is factual! People downplay a degree you need a degree to make 50k per year!

Lofi99

LOFI HIGH
A unionized labourer makes 36$ an Hour or in Euro 29 euros an hour compared to pleb Liberal Arts degree holder majority drive Uber after failing to get a job. I am so happy I got in trades. Your salary goes up with age to your not capped.
How you think Greeks Portugese in Canada and America get rich they work the trades and start small businesses with all the profit from trade jobs .

STEM and econ/business degrees improve society, but liberal arts/humanities not so much. That stuff has to be capped.

Society only really needs a handful of humanities graduates, not millions of them.
where do people who study these liberal arts get employed?

To be honest i think these people have so low gpa than only humanities will take them.

When you are choosing a field of study you choose according to your gpa, and some desired studies are just out of your reach.

Higher education doesnt accurately price their tuition according to what a person will earn later. A STEM graduate might 100k usd and humanities might earn 30k but they both might be paying the same tuition, this is cruel. In a sense, the humanitiy student is subsidizing those who get things cheap. But at the same time the STEM student worked hard for the high gpa. It pays to work hard.

Last edited:
Only trust fund kids with connections study essay subjects in uni. No immigrant should be studying that stuff
Thats actually how it used to be, the birtish aristocracy in the 19th century loved to study humanities stuff and despised business because they had the luxury not to worry.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Journeymen plumbers from the union in my city make $120,000 a year
Screenshot_20211117-110441.png

Journeymen electricians from the union make even more
$144,000
Screenshot_20211117-114702.png

After you exclude taxes and high cost of rent, a journeymen electrician will be left with $60,000 a year which is still higher than the average salary of a teacher and these field aren't even competitive. They're always hiring for apprentices and journeymen.
Man I wish somalis would take advantage of these opportunities in the US. Most somalis who live in silicon valley are fobs who aren't affected by the high cost of living because they either live with their wives or family members who have section 8 ( housing choice voucher).