Modern University Educated Xalimos In a Nutchell......

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It is a waste of their time if they can't find jobs in their field. This is happening too often with people who study humanities.

IMO, They should raise entry standards for humanity degrees and make it extremely hard to get in, while they should lower standards for STEM degrees.

Rather have too many C/D grade STEM grads then too many humanities grads in society.

Wallahi, I was just thinking about what you’re saying regarding the entry standards.

As for the trades. A degree is to get educated not to find a job per se. People should stop attaching their career or monetary aspirations to degrees.

University is about becoming more educated and smarter, learning more about a field you are interested in.

Many people who finished degrees but do something completely different still hold their learning experience in uni in good regard.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Are you kidding me trades take years of skill and hard work, no entry kulaha a journeyman takes 8 years in Canada we make more money than pleb degree holders with little debt to our name.

And what is the entry barrier to learning those skills?

Furthermore, do you know the definition of pleb and its origin. The irony astounds me.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
@Apollo also you got a strong union to back you unlike pleb jobs. You can literally transfer to a different site if you dont like your boss. Health benefits are great too. Union is the best invention I heard germans invented it

Apollo

VIP
A unionized labourer makes 36$ an Hour or in Euro 29 euros an hour compared to pleb Liberal Arts degree holder majority drive Uber after failing to get a job. I am so happy I got in trades. Your salary goes up with age to your not capped.

I got two Bachelors. One is in a tech field and the other in a softer field. Kkkk.

I think that is the wise move if you want to study stuff like history/politics/literature etc. Just do it on the side, not as your only thing.

TekNiKo

VIP
And what is the entry barrier to learning those skills?

Furthermore, do you know the definition of pleb and its origin. The irony astounds me.
Theres no entry barrier for Humanity Degrees. You can literally have a C average and still get accepted to Political Science Degree or other bullshit so whats your point?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Apollo also you got a strong union to back you unlike pleb jobs. You can literally transfer to a different site if you dont like your boss. Health benefits are great too. Union is the best invention I heard germans invented it

Aren’t you a conservative?

Now you’re bootyclapping for one of the most left-wing innovations in recent history.

:mjlol:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Theres no entry barrier for Humanity Degrees. You can literally have a C average and still get accepted to Political Science Degree or other bullshit so whats your point?

That’s a higher bar to clear than doing an apprenticeship.

TekNiKo

VIP
I got two Bachelors. One is in a tech field and the other in a softer field. Kkkk.

I think that is the wise move if you want to study stuff like history/politics/literature etc. Just do it on the side, not as your only thing.
Yeah if your studying Engineering, Comp Sci or STEM/Law I say university is the best but useless Humanities degree is what I am advocating against so many Somali have to drive Uber after being buried in debt for a useless paper

Listen to this wise man talk about this

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Yeah if your studying Engineering, Comp Sci or STEM/Law I say university is the best but useless Humanities degree is what I am advocating against so many Somali have to drive Uber after being buried in debt for a useless paper

Yes, please link the Benzo addicted man that holds a Doctorate in a Social Sciences degree.

He literally did a Bachelor of Arts.

Apollo

VIP

I wish I followed the vocational track instead of the academic track in high school then went into IT from 16 and stacked a bunch of IT certificates.

Instead I followed the academic track (lots of useless subjects), then did two unrelated degrees, lol. It would have been more effective if I did the vocational track with a sole focus on IT.

🤔

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Furthermore, the typo in the title suggests that OP would benefit from a comparative literature degree.

The irony.

:hahaidiot:

TekNiKo

VIP
Yes, please link the Benzo addicted man that holds a Doctorate in a Social Sciences degree.

He literally did a Bachelor of Arts.

You didnt listen to the video he said 60s and 80s these degree allowed you a good salary and pension but now its endless Starbuck part time jobs. Times have changed since he studied. Completely over your head:

TekNiKo

VIP
I wish I followed the vocational track instead of the academic track in high school then went into IT from 16 and stacked a bunch of IT certificates.

Instead I followed the academic track (lots of useless subjects), then did two unrelated degrees, lol. It would have been more effective if I did the vocational track with a sole focus on IT.

🤔
Me too sxb I blame ignorant parents who pushed us to “go jamacaada” to brag about their friends how their son is “ studying in jaamacad” they look down on Trades with disgust. I wish I had that guiding male figure to tell me to go straight into Trades as a teen. Wallahi woulda saved me years of head ache.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You didnt listen to the video he said 60s and 80s these degree allowed you a good salary and pension but now its endless Starbuck part time jobs. Times have changed since he studied. Completely over your head:

He got his first job in the 1990s.

Furthermore, as a professor at a university teaching social sciences to young adults, doesn’t he profit from people deciding to study liberal arts?

He says all this but is still willing to pick up those university cheques for teaching kids liberal arts.

I don’t know, that seems like a hypocritical statement to me.

:snoop:

STEM and econ/business degrees improve society, but liberal arts/humanities not so much. That stuff has to be capped.

Society only really needs a handful of humanities graduates, not millions of them.

Well, the job market needs an overhaul then. The reality is that you need a degree regardless what it is in order for you to get your foot in the door when it comes to a lot of professional non trade jobs.

There are many jobs that simply require you have a 2:1 degree from a reputable university and you may simply need to just do an extra short course. But if you have no degree, there is hardly anyway you can get the job, unless you have connections ect.

I don't have a stem degree, but I would not have the job that I have, if I didn't have a degree. Honestly, encouraging Somalis not to get a university degree if it isn't stem is misguided advice. Even more so a Western degree gives you the ability to work abroad and actually look for better opportunities outside of your country.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Well, the job market needs an overhaul then. The reality is that you need a degree regardless what it is in order for you to get your foot in the door. There are many jobs that simply require you have a 2:1 degree from a reputable university and you may simply need to just do an extra short course. But if you have no degree, there is hardly anyway you can get the job, unless you have connections ect.

I don't have a stem degree, but I would not have the job that I have, if I didn't have a degree. Honestly, encouraging Somalis not to get a university degree if it isn't stem is misguided advice. Even more so a Western degree gives you the ability to work abroad and actually look for better opportunities outside of your country.

There is this subculture with diaspora Somalis that only university graduates deserve respect. Most migrant groups tend to have this attitude (although not all, like Eastern Europeans who respect trades, and some New World Black subgroups who don't value education much).

There needs to be a healthy balance. As a refugee group at the bottom ranks of society it is kind of weird to have this attitude. With trades you can still live a middle class lifestyle.

Lol no. It really depends on the uni. Obviously, Canada might be different. But if you think you simply need a 'c' to study history or politcal science at a reputable university then you really don't know what you're talking about.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Lol no. It really depends on the uni. Obviously, Canada might be different. But if you think you simply need a 'c' to study history or politcal science at a reputable university then you really don't know what you're talking about.

I went to a top university in Australia and the cut off for international relations or poli sci was higher than Engineering, Computer Science and Bachelor of Science.

As usual Teknigis doesn’t know what he’s chatting about. He’s a conservative bootyclapping for trade unions.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
There is this subculture with diaspora Somalis that only university graduates deserve respect. Most migrant groups tend to have this attitude (although not all, like Eastern Europeans who respect trades, and some New World Black subgroups who don't value education much).

There needs to be a healthy balance. As a refugee group at the bottom ranks of society it is kind of weird to have this attitude. With trades you can still live a middle class lifestyle.

for a society to function aka to be more balanced someone need to fill the ranks

both STEM and those lower jobs (not saying trade is one) but still someone has to do it, the weird thing is somalis look down on those for some weird reason

Trending

Latest posts