Minnesota Somalis Come in, What's your favorite Somali Restaurant?

Pick one.

• Total voters

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
what's yall's favorite restraint. Mine is Kaah, Deegdeg, and Quruxlow! Degdeg has expanded and is becoming a Minneapolis staple.
:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

Ajnabis love safari but imo its mediocre.

:nahgirl:
I want to go bak to Minnesota, Boston doesn't have the best Somali food.
:bell:

Iv'e only went to deg deg. Aren't the owners of deg deg brothers with mama malyuun?

Last edited:

Yaraye

VIP
The sambusa from the halal store on franklin street was muwah :lawd:. Don't know what happened in the past 3-4 years. Their sambusa quality has gone down. It used to be the perfect balance between the hilib and basal. Now it's too much onions and they are also too big. That was the only place I loved getting sambusa from.
aaaaaah
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The sambusa from the halal store on franklin street was muwah :lawd:. Don't know what happened in the past 3-4 years. Their sambusa quality has gone down. It used to be the perfect balance between the hilib and basal. Now it's too much onions and they are also too big. That was the only place I loved getting sambusa from.
aaaaaah

Yes i luv their sambusa-- the quality has gone down. They fry it too much. I like their baariis its dry and apart just how i like it. Their chicekn suqaar is good too. Their buur is qashiin tho. It is Somali ayeeyo still- dough dash in fry oil

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
aaaaaah
wallah they do that at a lot of different places now. I hate when there's too much basal, major uff. For me, there should be 1 basal for each basbas, I like mine spicy and flavored with a lot of hilib, I only tolerate the basal for taste

Thinking about it makes me want to make it. I know how to make it from scratch, even the sambusa wrap. It's so crispy and good
:ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

Last edited:

Yaraye

VIP
wallah they do that at a lot of different places now. I hate when there's too much basal, major uff. For me, there should be 1 basal for each basbas, I like mine spicy and flavored with a lot of hilib, I only tolerate the basal for taste

Thinking about it makes me want to make it. I know how to make it from scratch, even the sambusa wrap. It's so crispy and good
:ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:
Love their sambusa wrap:ahh: I ain't ever seen any somali restaurant beat them in that regard. I also love my sambusa spicy, 1/3 basal (very diced), 2/3 hilib. :banderas::lawd:

Yaraye

VIP
Yes i luv their sambusa-- the quality has gone down. They fry it too much. I like their baariis its dry and apart just how i like it. Their chicekn suqaar is good too. Their buur is qashiin tho. It is Somali ayeeyo still- dough dash in fry oil
I'm more of a baasto person :stevej:

Trending

Latest posts