Migratory History of Somalis

Northern Swordsman

Tawxiid Alle lahaw, Talo na Alle saaro.
Pretty good but it's lacking the migratory history of the T-M70 somalis. Would be great if we put the same energy and interest into the history of our T carrying countrymen as well

I think it's accurate but it has me wondering where these East africans go. I mean, that's pretty high up in eygpt. These east africnas who formed our other side seemed to not have left any genetic footprint in eygpt at all. I suspect that the ethnogensis happened earlier than this and in a diffrent location. @The alchemist @Emir of Zayla @Shimbiris

I think it's accurate but it has me wondering where these East africans go. I mean, that's pretty high up in eygpt. These east africnas who formed our other side seemed to not have left any genetic footprint in eygpt at all. I suspect that the ethnogensis happened earlier than this and in a diffrent location. @The alchemist @Emir of Zayla @Shimbiris

AEA was and still is present in Egypt in the form of Dinka

IMG_4623.jpeg

We lack a deep time transect of the broader region. The place was very dynamic.

I think when more tests come out this time line will reduce or that there will be several waves. I have a pet theory that some refugees from the collapse of the Ma'rib dam

That’s too recent. The Marib Dam collapse was only a few years before the Prophet’s SAWS birth. This would also need to be supported by elevated Arabian ancestry in Northern T-haplogroup Somalis.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
So this video is like 2 days old and I just saw it on my feed, it relies heavily on genetics and these haplogroups nonsense I will never be able to understand

Most interesting part of the video is the Gash Groups, I've never heard about this group around 2700ish but he still attributes the land of punt to Proto Macro Somalis at 1750bc. He didnt talk about oromos much I wonder when they split off from us. But regardless of his mistakes, this is probably the first indepth video on somali history on youtube.
He does say at the end of the video he was limited by the amount of evidence but says he was still able to make something.

So this video is like 2 days old and I just saw it on my feed, it relies heavily on genetics and these haplogroups nonsense I will never be able to understand

Most interesting part of the video is the Gash Groups, I've never heard about this group around 2700ish but he still attributes the land of punt to Proto Macro Somalis at 1750bc. He didnt talk about oromos much I wonder when they split off from us. But regardless of his mistakes, this is probably the first indepth video on somali history on youtube.
He does say at the end of the video he was limited by the amount of evidence but says he was still able to make something.
Oromos split from us after Afars did

NidarNidar

Punisher
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not Arabian in origin but Mesopotamia, I know T1 spread alongside J1 in the middle east, while digging around I also came across that the Dravidian languages originated in the Zagros mountains and spread into India/Pakistan with variations of L as well, you can find T nowadays in the Eastern side of India and parts of Gurajat, prior to the Aryan expansion into the region, it was most likely associated with the Indus Valley civilization and not traders, I found it funny that those with T in India are also pastoralists.

Haplogroup LT
1712587391300.png

1712587420667.png

(Haplogroup L)

1712587450254.png

Haplogroup T

This above is the main E-V32 lineage which has Somalis, Ethiopians. Nubians, Sudanese, Chad etc people on it. They all share an ancestor who lived 5300 years ago roughly. That’s the year 3300 BC which is right at the end of the collapse of the A group culture and the beginning of the 1st dynasty Egypt.

The current E-V32 Sudanese, Nubians, Chad etc are too young for A group culture as they still haven’t split from the southern E-V32 that has Somalis and other Cushites on it. They do match Kerma culture perfectly. It was the Kerma individual from 2000 BC that matched the pastoralist from Kenya/Tanzania.

@The alchemist @Garaad Awal
@Reformed J

Last edited:
It's not Arabian in origin but Mesopotamia, I know T1 spread alongside J1 in the middle east, while digging around I also came across that the Dravidian languages originated in the Zagros mountains and spread into India/Pakistan with variations of L as well, you can find T nowadays in the Eastern side of India and parts of Gurajat, prior to the Aryan expansion into the region, it was most likely associated with the Indus Valley civilization and not traders, I found it funny that those with T in India are also pastoralists.

Haplogroup LT
View attachment 323928
View attachment 323929
(Haplogroup L)

View attachment 323930
Haplogroup T

Its ultimate origin might be Mesopotamia but it did enter Arabia, Europe and Africa more than 8k years ago.

Latest posts