Men on Marriage Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yes, if you speak to any of the old school people from that era they will tell you the same, I personally rule out that entire region for those reasons by default because of those high probabilities and likelihood she may have such inclinations.

Nothing enrages me more then a materialistic entitled women, they are an absolute poisoned chalice to carry around.

You lack real street knowledge when it comes to the Somali's particularly as it related to large scale stereotypes, every region or clan has one, it's normal, there is a lot of truth in very popular stereotypes and that particular stereotype as it relates to wooqoyi women was and still is very popular.

I remember even my father telling me this when I was young to stay away from those women, keep in mind no one in my family married a wooqoyi women that I know off, I personally prefer hot-blooded women, because those women don't have these characteristics and their child rearing is bonafide.

You see popular stereotypes like these don't materialise out of thin air, they come about as a result of large-scale observations by many different people, the proof is in the pudding, the most expensive weddings happen there, even the males demonstrated about this not long ago.

Do I belief all of them are like this?? absolutely not!! But as someone that previously had a lot of experience with women from that region, 95% of them were like this, keep in mind the majority of Somali women I met are from Wooqoyi because they were the majority in the cities I lived.

@The Cushitic One apparently we're qali. :pachah1:Something made out of reach is prized for being a rare commodity and is priced in accordance (in many cases).

You might be able to find a good woman at a discount or overspend on a qumayo. The reverse is also true. A lady that is a bargain might fall apart like an Egyptian souvenir. While one that is well-paid for could be heaven sent.

Be honest with us bro, you are committed to your gobol and you've chosen frugality. Thing is, you could just as easily find a nice Reer Sacaad girl from Ingriska that is likeminded. Why venture to the motherland for her younger cousin? Do you know how many from reerka in the diaspora will be devastated?

tenor.gif

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
1, Ermm.......no comment. Too many prying eyes.

2. It ain't what you think, never was a womaniser; don't possess the required ruthless streak. Nor have I ever been on the wrong side of the law.

One Love Ina Adeer.

Are you at least age appropriate (based on my benchmark)? :pachah1:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I don't see much reason to get married currently but it might change in the future. As a cheap man. Marriage is expensive. Why spend so much for a single night and the huge amount through out it. Would rather use that to buy a house or put it on a future kids trust fund or saving. Having a mid life crisis sounds better than that.

Also having kids doesn't sound appealing at all. Never want one and having a wife. Also, the restrictions of being in a marriage and the burden of not only thinking of yourself but others around you. I would get burnt out quickly.

The biggest on is as a man. How do I benefit from it? It looks like I'm always giving. Before and after the marriage. What I'm I receiving putting so much effort, time, money and what ever else? Doesn't it sound like something worth investment in.

Last I ask someone the last paragraph they said I'm scared of commitment.

Last edited:
@The Cushitic One apparently we're qali. :pachah1:Something made out of reach is prized for being a rare commodity and is priced in accordance (in many cases).

You might be able to find a good woman at a discount or overspend on a qumayo. The reverse is also true. A lady that is a bargain might fall apart like an Egyptian souvenir. While one that is well-paid for could be heaven sent.

Be honest with us bro, you are committed to your gobol and you've chosen frugality. Thing is, you could just as easily find a nice Reer Sacaad girl from Ingriska that is likeminded. Why venture to the motherland for her younger cousin? Do you know how many from reerka in the diaspora will be devastated?

tenor.gif

The moment a women places a monetary value on herself, she has done the opposite and cheapened herself, it's text book definition of a prostitute, she has opened herself to the highest monetary bidder, rather then the most righteous male or the one that is best for her, it's considered a reprehensible act by even uncivilised societies.

I didn't think that someone like you would take pride in such commodification and prostitute like practices, if my daughter ever shared those sentiments, it would have killed me as a father, I couldn't deal with such a failure which you boast about, but I am not surprised.

When the satanic run Western institutions tried to split up the families by encouraging divorce through high incentives to the women to let go of their husbands, the bulk of the women that participated in this were Wooqoyi above all other Somali's, in fact in several villages we lived, they were the only ones that kicked their man out of the house for monetary reasons.

I remember as a young kid when I inquired why all my friends parents were separated my mum responding "they are a materialistic bila imaan bunch", I never understood this back then, no surprises because that's what happens to a people that chase after Dunya, they end up even loosing that which they lusted for.

The bulk of broken homes in the diaspora, the largest % goes to the Wooqoyi households, I can count more then 100 right now, and struggle to even reach 50 for the rest of the Somalis put together.

I can easily drop 100K tomorrow with no efforts whatsoever, but why should I ? it's morally, religiously, ethically and wordily reprehensible, so is the very idea of placing monetary worth on a women like she is some commodity to be traded

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I don't see much reasonable to get married currently but it might change in the future. As a cheap man. Marriage is expensive. Why spend so much for a single night and the huge amount through out it. Would rather use that to buy a house or put it on a future kids trust fund or saving. Having a mid life crisis sounds better than that.

Also having kids doesn't sound appealing at all. Never want one and having a wife. Also, it's the restrictions of being on a marriage and the burden of not only thinking of yourself but other area. I would get burnt out quickly.

The biggest on is as a man. How do I benefit from it? It looks like I'm always give. Before and after the marriage. What I'm I receiving putting so much effort, time, money and what ever else? Does so like much of an investment.

Last I ask someone the last paragraph they said I'm scared of commitment.

Maybe you'll change your mind with more life experience. Even I'm afraid of commitment. I like my hassle-free and sexless existence. Getting married for me means being saddled with 'baby'. Women are responsible for the bulk of caregiving, so that would be an end to guilt-free globetrotting. It would also mean a ball-and-chain for life on two accounts. Being forever connected to a child and a Farax. It's like a ball-and-chain for life. Though I love children and I'm vain enough to want to see a next-generation version of me. Being stuck in a state of prolonged adolescences (with greater perks) is a comfortable place and it's hard to leave, but I'm sure the alternative is rewarding.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The moment a women places a monetary value on herself, she has done the opposite and cheapened herself, it's text book definition of a prostitute, she has opened herself to the highest monetary bidder, rather then the most righteous male or the one that is best for her, it's considered a reprehensible act by even uncivilised societies.

I didn't think that someone like you would take pride in such commodification and prostitute like practices, if my daughter ever shared those sentiments, it would have killed me as a father, I couldn't deal with such a failure which you boast about, but I am not surprised.

When the satanic run Western institutions tried to split up the families by encouraging divorce through high incentives to the women to let go of their husbands, the bulk of the women that participated in this were Wooqoyi above all other Somali's, in fact in several villages we lived, they were the only ones that kicked their man out of the house for monetary reasons.

I remember as a young kid when I inquired why all my friends parents were separated my mum responding "they are a materialistic bila imaan bunch", I never understood this back then, no surprises because that's what happens to a people that chase after Dunya, they end up even loosing that which they lusted for.

The bulk of broken homes in the diaspora, the largest % goes to the Wooqoyi households, I can count more then 100 right now, and struggle to even reach 50 for the rest of the Somalis put together.

I can easily drop 100K tomorrow with no efforts whatsoever, but why should I ? it's morally, religiously, ethically and wordily reprehensible, so is the very idea of placing monetary worth on a women like she is some commodity to be traded

Interesting. Alx, I'm a product of a two-parent household and I know many people from the North that are. So, marrying for financial security likens a woman to a prostitute? I wouldn't say so. How about men who enter into and exit marriages like they are in transit. Since we're discussing stereotypes and trends in different regions. I heard that phenomenon was very problematic in Mogadishu. People could easily enter into marriage but leave it rather quickly too.
:manny: In fact, women in those days wanted a Waqooyi man, as they were less inclined to do that (many were educated too). Obviously, things have changed. I don't think it has anything to do with social decadence but simply a sub-cultural difference. Marriage was always resource-intensive in the North. Is that bad? Not necessarily. In fact, in the past, it could have served as a buffer to divorce. And one needs resources to provide for a family.

Spending too much on a wedding is a recipe for disaster, it's a bad omen. Unless you have a lot of cash to blow. Even then, you could feed a lot of people back home or donate to charity.

Last edited:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Maybe you'll change your mind with more life experience. Even I'm afraid of commitment. I like my hassle-free and sexless existence. Getting married for me means being saddled with 'baby'. Women are responsible for the bulk of caregiving, so that would be an end to guilt-free globetrotting. It would also mean a ball-and-chain for life on two accounts. Being forever connected to a child and a Farax. It's like a ball-and-chain for life. Though I love children and I'm vain enough to want to see a next-generation version of me. Being stuck in a state of prolonged adolescences (with greater perks) is a comfortable place and it's hard to leave, but I'm sure the alternative is rewarding.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Na, commitment isn't not the problem. Its marriage it self. Most of the benefits do not
appeal to me. It's one of the things people believe they must do or they are behind everyone else. If you be honest with yourself so you think marriage is necessary for your life? You can get most of the benefits out si

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Na, commitment isn't not the problem. Its marriage it self. Most of the benefits do not
appeal to me. It's one of the things people believe they must do or they are behind everyone else. If you be honest with yourself so you think marriage is necessary for your life? You can get most of the benefits of si

If we're being honest. You can go without marriage. You do not need it to survive like you would air, water, shelter, and food. However, if you are in a poor country, and are a woman, marriage might be your only option to feed your family. Could it add value to your life? Certainly. If you are in a functional and healthy marriage it would mean health gains and an increase in life expectancy. Marriage provides men with greater emotional and social support. A stable two-parent household is optimal for raising healthy and well-adjusted children. Also, married couples make more money than their single counterparts.

tenor.gif

I always knew I was qaali

IMG_7891.GIF

I am also hot blooded

Too late. :mybusiness: I'm kind of surprised, though. I always thought you were miskeen. I should have known the charming ones were
khatar.:ohhh:

I sense that you are employing reverse psychology, because I haven't said much, yet you have come to the conclusion I am not a 'miskeen'!:what:

I will have you know that I am Reer Mudug, we don't do charming. Ask Inquisitive. On second thought, don't.

Nigga will write paragraph after paragraph extolling the masculine virtues of Mudugians, especially non-Bermudans that live South of the Gaalkacyo Green Line.:drakekidding:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I sense that you are employing reverse psychology, because I haven't said much, yet you have come to the conclusion I am not a 'miskeen'!:what:

I will have you know that I am Reer Mudug, we don't do charming. Ask Inquisitive. On second thought, don't.

Nigga will write paragraph after paragraph extolling the masculine virtues of Mudugians, especially non-Bermudans that live South of the Gaalkacyo Green Line.:drakekidding:

I'm not using reverse psychology. Don't let paranoia consume you. I uphold confidentiality. I definitely have a name in mind. :mjpls: And now you know what I thought of you. I would say more but it appears you don't have PM privileges. :meleshame:

I'm not using reverse psychology. Don't let paranoia consume you. I uphold confidentiality. I definitely have a name in mind. :mjpls: And now you know what I thought of you. I would say more but it appears you don't have PM privileges. :meleshame:

No PM privileges, and I am unlikely to hit the 500 messages any time soon.

Now I am curious cos I don't have a bloody clue what you think of me.:kanyehmm:
If you wanna PM, you can hit me up on my email which is available through the dormant group email that we are both part of.:samwelcome:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
No PM privileges, and I am unlikely to hit the 500 messages any time soon.

Now I am curious cos I don't have a bloody clue what you think of me.:kanyehmm:
If you wanna PM, you can hit me up on my email which is available through the dormant group email that we are both part of.:samwelcome:
I was right. Intuition never fails me. :pachah1:

marriage is a topic that is talked too much about on ss. :hillarybiz:. If you are a man, you are just naive if you want to be married. Your hobbies are basically thrown in the bin.

I was right. Intuition never fails me. :pachah1:

I thought you already new! I should be disappointed, but we never interacted much. Somnet is FKD Central, you were holding it down for G-Unit whilst I was mainly a troll, apart from the instances when one had to don the FKD armour and wage an unholy war on enemy Huns.

Gotta stop by there soon, I have some unfinished bizness to take care off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts