Mehr situation

Benzo

♤Humble Beast♤
A lot of these Somali guys on here are just venting and trolling but rest assured they are saving up to get married.

They all pay meher when they get married and provide for their wives.
That's why most Somali men are elite and get the top Somali ladies. Unlike those 50/50 cultures where the "men" act like women.

Every week dozens of Somali couples get married and nobody hears about meher beef. :ftw9nwa:
That’s because xalimos ask for reasonable meher in real life, the 50k and 100k shit is a internet phenomenon.

Obviously.

A man is valued based on if he can financially provide for a wife and children. If you cannot afford to do so, don't get married or find a woman who is willing to live in a struggle lifestyle.

Why are you worried about women that are not in your tax-bracket?

Are you even Somali or are you a weird Somali obsessed foreigner who cannot afford any woman?

What else would your value be? Your long hair? Your ability to carry a child? :draketf:
Are you serious? A mans value can be he is caring, loving, funny, smart, hardworking. If you are not compatible with the man you are marrying and you simply marry him because he is in the "Tax Bracket" that you want. The marriage will end very quickly. Why do you think newer generation somalis have such a high divorce rate? Because of this exact reason.

That’s because xalimos ask for reasonable meher in real life, the 50k and 100k shit is a internet phenomenon.
5-10k is reasonable. My money is her money so the more she takes from me the more she is taking from herself. If she takes 50k then she better not ask for cars, house, money, trips etc

We do pray for our young female relatives who are decent to meet their somali match or a muslim match in America. Asking for meher is a woman's right and she can ask as much as she wants, but being modest in asking and caring about the house the couple are about to start should be a priority for both. They shouldn't waste their hard earned money on meaningless party whose attendees most of them won't have the couple's interests at heart.

Instead, young people should save their money and buy something worth with it. Like a nice four wheel drive to start with.

Awdalia Rising

SSpot Special Correspondent
I seen a marriage last month where the mehr was 5,000 I was happily surprised it’s still 4,999.99 too high but at least it wasn’t 10k :pachah1: The girl that took 5 has her own career and everything she’s not one of these Ashy Asha’s with no job and a bullshit nursing certificate tryna come up $10k off some simp:mjlol: broke girl go to work!

The property was £230,000. I put down £60,000 and have to pay off £170,000 in 5 years. So it came down to roughly £3,000 and a bit every month, which is quite a big chunk of my monthly earning after tax. But it's almost fully paid off alhamdulilah.

I won't be taking the house with me but I sure as hell won't be leaving my children starving, and that peace of mind alone is worth more than lot for me. I love my country and wish it the best, but until it fully gets on its feet, there's no way in a million years I would invest a penny back home, I've learnt my lesson when I bought 5 plots of land in jaziira, each measured at 20x20 metres. My uncle and older brother convinced me that it was a good purchase and the return on investment was through the roof. So like the idiot I am, I dropped £10,000 on the five plots. Not even a year goes by and abgaal + wacdaan were saying that people bought the land illegally, even though we had legit papers from Mogadishu and koonfur galbeed. I've given up on Somalia, the world has let us down, our own people as well as politicians have let us down. Many diasporas like myself are at the point where they're feeling indifferent right now. If things work out, then cool, if it doesn't, then I'm not too bothered because I haven't really invested. All Somalia has ever done for us diaspora is spread us all over the world, with no where to begin. I owe a lot more to the UK than I have ever owed to Somalia and that's the reality.
Alhamdullilah let me guess you do finance?

Loool can u afford a house when you can barely afford mehr? Shib iska dheh.
Nayaa these are two different things we talking here. A house is a place to live and also investment wise if you want to rent it out, or sell it in the future.
What the f*ck is meher!!!!!!!
Yall prove to us somali men that yall are cheap long ago, but us men were blindfolded and couldn't see the light.
But thankfully we are waking up slowly and fast :win:

Nayaa these are two different things we talking here. A house is a place to live and also investment wise if you want to rent it out, or sell it in the future.
What the f*ck is meher!!!!!!!
Yall prove to us somali men that yall are cheap long ago, but us men were blindfolded and couldn't see the light.
But thankfully we are waking up slowly and fast :win:
Keep dreaming buddy. :mjlol:

Teda kale, don’t ever call me or any other woman nayaa.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Soon bro women will be paying men mehr :yousmart:
4. Women will increase in number and men will decrease in number so much so that fifty women will be looked after by one man.
What I think is that one man that will take care of 50 women is a heterosexual confident man, the rest are either super hopeless betas or homosexuals. But then again, I can be very wrong and also Allah knows best

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Have you noticed it's always the broke, neck bearded "men" who still live in their mom's house that always complain about Mehr prices.

:mjlol:

They always want to get a word in. And some claim you'll turn into dust for not accepting certain offers. :lol:

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar

Wallahi I don’t know of any Somali woman that has asked for more than £4000-£5000 for their mehr and even that is rare . Most of my friends and cousins mehr was in the £2000-£3000 range.

If she's from a poor family i won't pay more then a 500 dollar mehr.:cool:
If she comes from wealth then I'll pay her requested mehr unless it's overboard . Poor women who want high mehr are gold diggers:manny:
orrr marry someone who has goals like you. I'm currently a medical student trying to become a, there are lots of somali woman who are trying to become nurses/doctors
Wallahi I don’t know of any Somali woman that has asked for more than £4000-£5000 for their mehr and even that is rare . Most of my friends and cousins mehr was in the £2000-£3000 range.
that’s reasonable wallahi

Classic Mehr thread. The 50k is a joke unless she is the daughter of a wealthy politician or businessman. And even those women don’t ask for that much.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The whole purpose of mehr is providing a gift to your new wife. It has nothing to do with the worth of a woman. Its bizarre how women of this generation are putting price tags on themselves as if they're slaves even worse like cattle. According to economists, a human life is worth about $10 million dollars so when these women say they're worth 20k, 30k or 50k. They've literally devalued themselves.

I have no problem with anyone using cash for mehr but don't put a price tag on yourself and say that is how much you're worth because it's disgusting. You're not being bought like some cattle. You're a human being. You have a soul and a mind. Simply take your mehr as a gift.

The whole purpose of mehr is providing a gift to your new wife. It has nothing to do with the worth of a woman. Its bizarre how women of this generation are putting price tags on themselves as if they're slaves even worse like cattle. According to economists, a human life is worth about $10 million dollars so when these women say they're worth 20k, 30k or 50k. They've literally devalued themselves.

I have no problem with anyone using cash for mehr but don't put a price tag on yourself and say that is how much you're worth because it's disgusting. You're not being bought like some cattle. You're a human being. You have a soul and a mind. Simply take your mehr as a gift.
Factz coming in with the Facts