Meet the new Somali Ambassador to Canada!

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
He is from Borama, so it can be assumed he is Samaroon. A graduate from Amoud University and former Vice Minister of Health in the Somaliland government, Hassan Dhimbil will be serving as the Somali Ambassador to Canada.

1603142863177.png

Canada vowed to restore strong diplomatic ties with Somalia in the form of embassies in 2013, and Xassan says he wishes to expedite that process. Inshallah we will have an embassy in Ottawa soon. Congrats to Mr. Dhimbil, hope he practiced his French. :lolbron:

Thoughts from our resident Somali-Canadians?

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Why is this significant is he from Ottawa?
It is significant because Canada holds one of the largest Somali diasporas and still does not have a physical embassy in Canada, and this guy plans to work towards having one. Also interesting because his last job was with the SL gov but he works in Xamar now.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
A former Vice Minister of Health in the Somaliland government is now Somalia's new Ambassador to Canada

:mjlaugh:
I see why he took the job. It is a really good position wallahi. :wow:

Get to live in comfy Canada with big pay. Its a cushy gig. I would have taken it if I was him.

Som

VIP
I see why he took the job. It is a really good position wallahi. :wow:

Get to live in comfy Canada with big pay. Its a cushy gig. I would have taken it if I was him.
How can Somalia trust a guy who served as a minister in a separatist governement who hates Somalia and it's citizens? How do we know he is going to work for somalia's agenda and not for SL?

Trending