maya jama

Maya does not look like a typical Somali. She could pass for the average Brown/Dark Olive Algerian/Moroccan etc.

Too many folks on here are lying to themselves.
:drakelaugh:

Maya does not look like a typical Somali. She could pass for the average Brown/Dark Olive Algerian/Moroccan etc.

It's probably because they want to think of their ethnicity as a light skin group where people with maya jama's skin is a norm, i sense colorism is at play :kanyeshrug:

Not "typical" but why are people pretending as if nobody has seen a Somali that could pass for another ethnic group?

It's probably because they want to think of their ethnicity as a light skin group where people with maya jama's skin is a norm, i sense colorism is at play :kanyeshrug:

Not at all, I have seen pure Somali that would not look out of place in South Sudan (except for the hair).. we have some extreme phenotype shifts sometimes. It's not "normal" but they do exist.

Most Somalis are maariin with 3b hair, but there is a percentage of very dark and very light pure Somalis.

I've seen pure Somalis that look Hindi, Bengali, Arabish, Nilotic, Bantu-ish.

Not at all, I have seen pure Somali that would not look out of place in South Sudan (except for the hair).. we have some extreme phenotype shifts sometimes. It's not "normal" but they do exist.
Most Somalis are maariin with 3b hair, but there is a percentage of very dark and very light pure Somalis.
Yeah I've also seen somalis dark asf with soft hair (even one with j4reer hair) :urgh: but we're talking about averages, not the one in a hundred very light skin that could pass as north african

The typical Somali look is very distinctive. However, it's far more closer in appearance to the Black African range than it is to the North African range of phenotypes.

A simple Google image search of crowd photos in Somalia would show that.
031_Foreign_Somalia_0180_710x710.jpg

20170209_2_21763352_18740468.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I've also seen somalis dark asf with soft hair (even one with j4reer hair) :urgh: but we're talking about averages, not the one in a hundred very light skin

Of course, the average Somali is maariin with curly hair.. but then we have that small percentage that looks "dodgy", lol, some throwback gene that looks a little suspicious/mixed sometimes.

That habaryar who could pass for mixed or that uncle who looks Sri Lankan, lol.

Thankfully, Somalis are represented in the mainstream by the stereotypical Somali look.

The typical Somali look is very distinctive. However, it's far more closer in appearance to the South Sudanese/Black African range than it is to the North African range of phenotypes.
No i dont think so, you can make an argument as for skin similarities as there are dark skin somalis out there but hair, nose, lips, and general body structure is completely different between a Somali and a person who hails from South Sudan like places we are our own unique distinct group

No i dont think so, you can make an argument as for skin similarities as there are dark skin somalis out there but hair, nose, lips, and general body structure is completely different between a Somali and a person who hails from South Sudan like places we are our own unique distinct group
My point is the average Somali look is within the Black African spectrum of phenotypes.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

I've seen pure Somalis that look Hindi, Bengali, Arabish, Nilotic, Bantu-ish.

I don't think Somalis look North African in the slightest. I have relatives that are very light as well but their features are narrower and they are taller than most NAs. Also, No NA looks like Maya Jama. :dead: I have yet to see it.

We need to dissociate ourselves from saying some non-admixed light skinned Somalis look dheegocase or NA because they don't. Neither do Somalis look South Asian in spite of hair texture. Sis, I think we've already shown this in that face merge thread a month ago.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
My point is the average Somali look is within the Black African spectrum of phenotypes.

Waryaa, how come Somali features often make ajnabis (of every race) narrower. You intentionally avoided that face merge thread soo maha. Just because it goes against your hamitic theory. Its either that or all the girls on SSpot are outliers. :dead:

I've seen it in my own family. I have pure Somali relatives who are that pale with long hair.
Not all Somalis look the same, if you don't see it in your own circles, fine but what is true for you, is not true for us all.

My family has Arab Salax genes, but I still consider that full Somali.

I'm abgaal and have a similar skintone as Maya. My family are mostly light to medium skin. If Maya was a hijabi they wouldn't try to dismiss her. She looks full Somali to me and looks similar to her eedos daughter.

Waryaa, how come Somali features often make ajnabis (of every race) narrower. You intentionally avoided that face merge thread soo maha. Just because it goes against your hamitic theory. Its either that or all the girls on SSpot are outliers. :dead:
You need to wake up from your delusions. Check out the pictures I & @Finesse have posted above, those folks represent the average Somali. Their phenotypes still fall within the Black African range.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You need to wake up from your delusions. Check out the pictures I & @Finesse have posted above, those folks represent the average Somali.

I never said Maya looks full Somali. She doesn't look North African either (I've been exposed to many in Africa, Europe and the Americas). But she does look more Somali leaning than the mixes I have seen.

What I said chiefly relates to Somali features but I guess you're conveniently ignoring that in favour of your paradigm. One could say you're somewhat delusional yourself.

Trending