Maternal HG U9

Have anyone come across someone with maternal hg U9 on 23andme? Looked through my closest relative and none of them have it.

Attachments

• IMG_20211230_001227.jpg
    IMG_20211230_001227.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 225

Apollo

VIP
@Siikawe

You need to check if a person you are related to has non-Somali admixture. Not all haplogroups of people you are related to are always Somali.

Anyhow, here is a list of U9:

One Ethiopian got it. So there is the potential this is a low frequency MENA lineage in Horners, but I honestly don't know much about this lineage.

Check if the person has admixture or not.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
They've found U9a in a Somali dataset before:

Mikkelsen et al 2012:

The more common U marker among Somalis is U3a but I've seen the rare other U9a on 23andme if memory serves me right and it's in the study alongside U3a. I haven't really seen Somalis with it yet but U6a1 is also found in other Horners. U subclades are not unheard of in the Horn.

I'd say you have a fairly normal Somali marker. Just a rare one.

@Siikawe

You need to check if a person you are related to has non-Somali admixture. Not all haplogroups of people you are related to are always Somali.

Anyhow, here is a list of U9:

One Ethiopian got it. So there is the potential this is a low frequency MENA lineage in Horners, but I honestly don't know much about this lineage.

Check if the person has admixture or not.
I don't know anyone in my family with admixture. I am as pure as they come.

Attachments

• IMG_20211230_110700.jpg
    IMG_20211230_110700.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20211230_110715.jpg
    IMG_20211230_110715.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 232

Mikkelsen et al 2012:

The more common U marker among Somalis is U3a but I've seen the rare other U9a on 23andme if memory serves me right and it's in the study alongside U3a. I haven't really seen Somalis with it yet but U6a1 is also found in other Horners. U subclades are not unheard of in the Horn.

Interesting🤔

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member

Mikkelsen et al 2012:

Mine isn't listed.

You said there is a Dhulbahabte who is T-L208, do you know his juffo by any chance bro?

Another Reer Ahmed Farax HJ who is T-L208, interesting.

Welcome brother.
He's Barkad, and we're very closely related.

Attachments

• IMG_20211231_202531.jpg
    IMG_20211231_202531.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 193
Very interesting cuz.

Would you consider doing a Big Y or similar test. We already have an Aden Madoobe YFull sample, another Habar Jeclo would be helpful.
Definitely. I'm planning to do the big Y as soon as they are having a discount. I've also asked my barkad cousin to do the same, the barkad/adam madobe theory might be true 🤣.

Definitely. I'm planning to do the big Y as soon as they are having a discount. I've also asked my barkad cousin to do the same, the barkad/adam madobe theory might be true 🤣.
:ohhh:

First I've heard of it bro.

Do they claim Barkad are lost Aden Madoobe?

Yes and barkad claim adam madoobe to be lost dhulbahante🤣.
Damn!

In all fairness, one or two results ain't enough to confirm such a relationship.

Nonetheless, I reckon both your Big Y results will probably come under the same subclade as the Isaaqs and Samarons. Nothing is a guarantee though bro.