materialism and the somali people

In life wallahi moderation is key. What is the point of having all of that money if your spouse and kids are not going to benefit?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Exactly! Am currently in school and Wallahi I find myself sabotaging myself and scared to take risk because of the instability and trauma of my childhood. As I have gotten older am starting to see that I have a scarcity mindset but Alhamdulilah it’s changing slowly ; shout-out to my older sisters and learning from them that I need to relax and just pray and have hope for the best. But Wallahi it messes you up! Especially when you know he has the possibility of helping you and he decides not to! I despise him but I’ll have to be the change I want to see.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
give broke people money and they will spend it and become broke agian…this happened to a number of lottery winners
In toronto a man won tens of thousands of dollars I forgot exactly how much but it was somewhere between $30K-50K.

He spent ALL of it on jewelry, watch, chains and an earring. The funniest part is he wore the chain and watch to a gas station, he immediately got beaten and robbed 😂

Imagine winning the lottery and you blow it all on jewelry and then go back to buying cheap backwood at a gas station just to get robbed lmao.

Idk if you noticed, but your family doesn’t = all Somalis, all 20+ million of us.
used it as example to contrast to worser somalis in minneapolis who spend money on luxury tracksuits but not their mother in the hospital croaking to death.

Teens and early 20 year olds are the most materialistic people ever. What a terrible time to be an adult. Full of show offs and peer pressure. I know many who have been humbled by reality as soon as they got older. Their materialistic personality has honestly ruined their lives (no financial planning, no discipline, debt, etc).

Word of advice to the kids: pay off your credit card balance in full by the end of the month, work on having a credit score of over 750 minimum, and save half your income while still living at home.
I agree with all that except for staying home I recommend all Somali niggas to move to out the moment they can. You can have a roommate and it’s not expensive.

Staying home is a terrible idea and you will be more respected by your family if you leave. :dzmxmmb:

I agree with all that except for staying home I recommend all Somali niggas to move to out the moment they can. You can have a roommate and it’s not expensive.

Staying home is a terrible idea and you will be more respected by your family if you leave. :dzmxmmb:

disagree…stay home save money and family with bills..its a win win for you and your family…asian families are ready good at this and build wealth that way

This message for Somali men. You're not a man so you will not understand what I'm talking about :nvjpqts: and you can still help with bills if you move out.

Its a waste of money, even as a man. I know you want guys to be independent, but instead of using that money to rent somewhere else, why can't you use that money to save for a house for the future or to help your ageing parents?

Its a waste of money, even as a man. I know you want guys to be independent, but instead of using that money to rent somewhere else, why can't you use that money to save for a house for the future or to help your ageing parents?
Men and Women are different.

Men and Women are different.
Regardless of whether it a man or a women…living with parents until you build yourself is financially the best move…boys have it way easier to stay home…low to no expectations cleaning/cooking/caring for younger siblings plus they can stay longer without being pressured to get married my mid 20s

Trending