Making your wife pay 50% of bills

Will you make your partner pay their fair share?

• yes

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • no

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
I remember being taught the man pays as the patriarch and head of the household.:browtf:

The wife can do what she sees fit with her money- and if you married a good woman she will help you. :browtf:

This is from our deen and culture so I don’t want to hear the four letter word haye?

Believe me, I get that it sucks to hear, but in Islam as the husband your roles are: “support his wife and children, provide education for his offspring, be kind and attentive to his spouse, and be good to his affines (in laws) ”.
:cosbyhmm:

Xaruun

VIP
Shitty title. If she’s working and you have to ‘make’ her help you with the bills then why did you marry her in the first place?

Either we both work and split bills 50/50 OR I work and pay for everything, but she becomes a housewife.

I think that's fair.

There is no incentive for me to marry if we're going dutch on expenses.:hillarybiz:
A white woman would fight me if I even suggested to cover the entire bill. White women feel empowered and even look forward to paying their half while Somali women seem to prefer the opposite.
Many will continue to opt out and look else where if these old traditions stick in this rapidly modernizing world.

I noticed most Mali girls prefers the guy to pay. It’s not that big a deal if she’s handling the house hold duties and raising your kids.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
A white woman would fight me if I even suggested to cover the entire bill. White women feel empowered and even look forward to paying their half while Somali women seem to prefer the opposite.
Many will continue to opt out and look else where if these old traditions stick in this rapidly modernizing world.

That sounds quaint. I'm generous if we're friends but I'm very conventional in other respects.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
I noticed most Mali girls prefers the guy to pay. It’s not that big a deal if she’s handling the house hold duties and raising your kids.

I paid my own half many times, I never rely on nobody when I leave the house and have my debit card ready. I do the same with my friends. If somebody offers me to pay then good but if not I’ll pay for myself or even help out sometimes it’s not that deep.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
See I’m in a sticky position cause my earning potential exceeds most faraxs so what should someone like me do? :mjkkk:

Trending