madow maraykan girl says Kerry Washington is Somali therefore everyone can act Somali in movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
So? Adam (pbuh) was alive 6000+ years ago. Is he not your ancestor? Are you not a Bani Adam (Child of Adam)?
Do not disrespect those who came before you.
I don’t care to be honest about people that far back.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I don’t care to be honest about people that far back.

5,000 years ago was a long time. And they want us to be played by someone we've had no relation to for nearly 40,000 years. :yacadiim: I wonder if a Korean can play James bond, then? Its only fair given the misrepresentation. Both are Eurasian after all.

what kind of somali name is Kerry? she looks east african though

kerry10.jpg
Interesting, mixing African American and Jamaican with English, Scottish and Native American gives you a Somali look.
Also South Sudanese with English/Scottish also give a Somali look.
maxresdefault.jpg

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Interesting, mixing African American and Jamaican with English, Scottish and Native American gives you a Somali look.
Also South Sudanese with English/Scottish also give a Somali look.
maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think it's that simple. The admixture in Somalis is very old and cannot be replicated. On a superficial level, there are many with the same admixture level as Kerry but don't look psedo-Horner. This little girl doesn't look Somali, though. She looks Masri.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't think it's that simple. The admixture in Somalis is very old and cannot be replicated. On a superficial level, there are many with the same admixture level as Kerry but don't look psedo-Horner. This little girl doesn't look Somali, though. She looks Masri.

Kerry has that very familiar face type that I've seen somewhere but can't really recall,also all her features are textbook example of Somali ones. I'd say. In some other pic's the little girl looks like a light skin somali. I have a feeling it could be closely replicated not completely of course, you just got to have the right percentage of mixing with the right phenotype being expressed.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Kerry has that very familiar face type that I've seen somewhere but can't really recall,also all her features are textbook example of Somali ones. I'd say. In some other pic's the little girl looks like a light skin somali. I have a feeling it could be closely replicated not completely of course, you just got to have the right percentage of mixing with the right phenotype being expressed.

Her look might seem familiar but I wouldn't mistake her for a Horner. I don't know why? And you can't render the same results. There would be inconsistencies in look. You would need millenniums to even that out. And would not have an even amount of admixture across a population. She is of contemporary mixing between West African + West European. While Somalis are of East African + Near Eastern ancient admixing from over 5,000 years ago. I don't think it's that easy. Somalis across the board have the same level of ancient admixture. Unless you want to cage people and do some forced breeding experiment I don't think you'll ever know.

Her look might seem familiar but I wouldn't mistake her for a Horner. I don't know why? And you can't render the same results. There would be inconsistencies in look. You would need millenniums to even that out. And would not have an even amount of admixture across a population. She is of contemporary mixing between West African + West European. While Somalis are of East African + Near Eastern ancient admixing from over 5,000 years ago. I don't think it's that easy. Somalis across the board have the same level of ancient admixture. Unless you want to cage people and do some force breeding experiment I don't think you'll ever know.
Somalis don't have every feature that's familiar to us mainly. Most of the time its 3 out of 4 main features that are very Somali and 1 feature that isn't too familiar. There are some somalis who have 1 out of the 4 main features so inconsistencies are not a main issue. Also I'm well aware of the ancient admixture, I was just playing a game of what if's.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Somalis don't have every feature that's familiar to us mainly. Most of the time its 3 out of 4 main features that are very Somali and 1 feature that isn't too familiar. There are some somalis who have 1 out of the 4 main features so inconsistencies are not a main issue. Also I'm well aware of the ancient admixture, I was just playing a game of what if's.

Well, I have all Cushitic traits. I just assume if they don't look like me they aren't Somali. I kid. Most of the time I work within parameters of what constitutes Somali (most fit the mould). I have never been wrong yet, so that says something. And I by no means, intend on that type of experiment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending