Londoners try Somali Coffee

That's pretty cool. It is in a away continuation of tradition.

Funfact: One of the first coffee companies in Africa and the first in Ethiopia was established by a Somali businessman from Galbeed named Mohammed Abdullah Ogsadey. It was based in the greater Harar region. MAO Harar Horse. Considered a Coffee pioneer in Africa.

ZfR5lrZ.png

1pU0Hse.png

Mr Ogsadey died a couple years ago after a lifetime of work in the coffee. Considering he was over 90 and lived with a pacemaker for 25 years, he did quite well. He was a religious man who built mosques, hospital wards, sponsored cycle clubs and soccer teams. He was the first Ethiopian to export Ethiopian coffee; it was previosuly controlled by Italian, British and Greek traders. Ethiopia Ethiopia

His sons continue the export trade nowadays:
The sons of Mohammed Sr. are Abdullahi and Ledon Ogsadey, who mainly works with the trucking side of the business. Dire Dawa is on the rail line, and is the hub for coffee trading and transport to the sea ports of Djibouti. Harar city has no coffee trade, but the greater region of Harar, called Hararghe, is where all the coffee is grown that we call Harar.

Last edited:

Kamaal

Sidii roon Raba og
I wish they opened a Qahwo shop in my city, I think I would go there everyday to have a cup.

I came from a family who drinks Shaah. I got my first cup of Qahwo in Dugsi when I was 8 years old I loved it. I remember tasting the bitterness of coffee and at the sometime some weird spices which confused🤔😖 my taste buds. I would never forget my first cup it was warm, bitter and spicy then a few months later it was Ramadan I got offered my second cup of Qahwo at the Mosque, and the experience was the same as the first one it never disappointed me, I loved it.

Unfortunately since I came to The West no one have ever offered me Qahwo so I haven't had a one in a long time.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
I wish they opened a Qahwo shop in my city, I think I would go there everyday to have a cup.

I came from a family who drinks Shaah. I got my first cup of Qahwo in Dugsi when I was 8 years old I loved it. I remember tasting the bitterness of coffee and at the sometime some weird spices which confused🤔😖 my taste buds. I would never forget my first cup it was warm, bitter and spicy then a few months later it was Ramadan I got offered my second cup of Qahwo at the Mosque, and the experience was the same as the first one it never disappointed me, I loved it.

Unfortunately since I came to The West no one have ever offered me Qahwo so I haven't had a one in a long time.
there’s no Somali shops in your city
No Internet cafes,no restaurants nothing ?

Trending