Local people in Somalia starstruck by random asian guy

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
how can you be racist to people who you believe are paternally descended from and try to look like them (bleaching). You look like an arab or indian is a compliment in somali culture. We all know this. I swear you people just say play dumb or something.

That's very recent stuff probably caused by Bollywood, Arab media and frankly even Cadaan media. You've been shown literal historical texts showing historical Somalis did not like Arabs. The Banu Hashim thing is more about religion. Somalis did not really consider themselves Arabs back then or care for actual Arabs. This is a known fact.

Talk to any Arab or Indian who lived in Somalia for more than a year.

I have, you probably haven't.
Do somalis believe that they descended from arab men ?
Do somalis bleach their skin ?
Is you look like an arab or indian a compliment in somali culture ?

Apollo

VIP
That's very recent stuff probably caused by Bollywood, Arab media and frankly even Cadaan media. You've been shown literal historical texts showing historical Somalis did not like Arabs. The Banu Hashim thing is more about religion. Somalis did not really consider themselves Arabs back then or care for actual Arabs. This is a known fact.

I am 100% convinced he has never talked to any Arab or Desi who lived in Somalia for a prolonged period of time.

Literally every foreigner experience huge biases. Even Cushitic Oromos.

Somalia is an extremely insular place.

Wrong. Fobs from Puntland believe they are from arabs. Here is your proof.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I am 100% convinced he has never talked to any Arab or Desi who lived in Somalia for a prolonged period of time.

Literally every foreigner experience huge biases. Even Cushitic Oromos.

Somalia is an extremely insular place.

@Plo_Koon was trolling but is on point that Somali fobs are a little like the Japanese. Just remove the actual hateful far-right parties and gangs and it is pretty similar. Any foreigner is immediately oggled like some sort of zoo animal and teased, even diasporans. They especially like to poke fun at reer qurbo.

Apollo

VIP
Do somalis believe that they descended from arab men ?
Do somalis bleach their skin ?
Is you look like an arab or indian a compliment in somali culture ?

The Arab descent stuff is inspired by religion. Some European royals attempted to link their lineages to Ancient Hebrews. Just in the Muslim world this stuff got more extreme.
Majority of Somalis do not bleach their skin.
No it is not. Being lighter skinned is sometimes seen as a compliment. I never heard of looking like a complete foreigner being a big complement.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Wrong. Fobs from Puntland believe they are from arabs. Here is your proof.

I already said it's true Somalis nowadays coon a bit toward Arabs but that's entirely recent. It wasn't the case a century ago or even less and you've been shown proof, saxiib. And these same people you've shown will definitely still be racist toward an actual Khaleeji Arab. It's a weird dichotomy where they like lighter skinned Somali women, consider their lineage Arab but still troll actual Arabs. 💀

reer

VIP
liberal hawiyes and biimaal from the southern coast who are very familiar with foreigners dont represent all geeljires sxb. somalis from the insular regions would not allow their daughters to marry arabs.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
I am not lying when I say that Saudi pharmacist experienced racism from Somalis.

He always was made out to be the spokesman of Saudi Arabia and got constant (negative) Khaleeji stereotypes thrown at him.

There is 0% chance an Arabian living in Somaliweyn doesn't experience anti-Arab sentiment.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
The Arab descent stuff is inspired by religion. Some European royals attempted to link their lineages to Ancient Hebrews. Just in the Muslim world this stuff got more extreme.
Majority of Somalis do not bleach their skin.
No it is not. Being lighter skinned is sometimes seen as a compliment. I never heard of looking like a complete foreigner being a big complement.

Fun fact, in traditional Somali culture it's only desirable for a woman to be light-skinned. It is the complete opposite with men. I realized this when some ayeeyo randomly told me I was dark and that that was good for a man. I asked what she meant and she said "Light men are girly and stupid." I then found out this was a common view in her day and it even popped in a history book that escapes me now.

Light skin was only favored in women which is actually a common theme across the world. Males are usually seen, subconsciously, as more attractive by their female equivalent in their ethnic group if they're darker. It's an actual documented psychological phenomenon worldwide that had physiological basis because in every human population, on average, the women are lighter/less pigmented. It's an actual known human sexual dymorphic trait. And people's tastes over the millennia have been influenced by it. Hence the recurring theme of the fair maiden and the tall, dark and handsome man.

Cadaan women were well placed to capitalize on this in the modern era and some sad and pathetic men do coon for light skin like they wanna be Brad Pitt. That is sadly a thing but clearly just a result of recent western influences. A Somali dude from century ago would never think to be lighter as it was seen as being girly and weak.

liberal hawiyes and biimaal from the southern coast who are very familiar with foreigners dont represent all geeljires sxb. somalis from the insular regions would not allow their daughters to marry arabs.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What are you talking about dude ? Arab salah clan from Yemen were given daarood females and became a noble clan in Puntland while their brothers Yahye saalax aka Yaxar clan who live in Hiiraan became untouchables. Daarood are the biggest coons in Somalia. Shame on you.

Apollo

VIP
What are you talking about dude ? Arab salah clan from Yemen were given daarood females and became a noble clan in Puntland while their brothers Yahye saalax aka Yaxar clan who live in Hiiraan became untouchables. Daarood are the biggest coons in Somalia. Shame on you.

Puntland Mahras are literally 150% Somali by ancestry. They are more Somali than many Hawiye subclans.

Apollo

VIP
You know that white Germanic racists do the same thing against Bantus and would be less triggered by a Slav marrying their women, yet still are racist against Slavs and do not prefer them over their own people?

Same dynamic with fob Somalis and actual Arabs.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Asians do the same to Africans so I don't think its that weird that they are amazed by an indoyar.

Apollo

VIP
There is zero Arab bootyclapping in the Rendille, in fact they are bootyclapping for Nilotes and giving away their Cushitic culture for Nilotic culture.

I stand by that it is completely due to Islam.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Let's be real, Horners in general don't like Madows and historically did not like being associated with them because they associated them with slavery and saw them as a different people from themselves which they clearly are physically hence practices like a child by an Oromo or Xabash slave woman being like a pure blood Somali child and able to inherit whereas having children with a Bantu slave was out of the question to begin with. Arabs on the other hand, at least more recently, are seen as people who are more affluent and cultured than Horners and who influence them with their media as well or indirectly through cadaans who look similar ish to them. The Banu Hashim claims are purely about religion hence why Somalis from a century ago literally despised Arabs while still having the genealogical claims. Muslims everywhere had sayyid claims like this. It was normal.

reer

VIP
There is zero Arab bootyclapping in the Rendille, in fact they are bootyclapping for Nilotes and giving away their Cushitic culture for Nilotic culture.

I stand by that it is completely due to Islam.
somalis are the base of genetics for cushites. habesha were coons for whites. nubians became arabs. the geeljire is alive and strong. @anonimo has the audacity to claim we coon for carab. when my awooweyaal were calling them naago. hell naw. liberals from the konfurian coast marrying arab-madow mixes are not representative of my grandparents spirit or the wild west spirit. :denzelnigga: