Ling Your Language

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
honestly swedish is the most beautiful language when you think about it, girls who speak Swedish sound angelic
astaghfirallah, why do you lie so much? swedish only sounds good next to the devils language (finnish). Next to anyone else it sounds like trash.

fckin shona was on there, from mozambique, laakin that doesn't sound like a bantu language. It sounded straight up european. Wallahi when i got to it. it had options among european languages, not africans. It sounds mad european to me
Wallahi I thought it was Portuguese or something it destroyed my second run :kendrickcry:

How my second run is worse than my first :damn:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208-190803_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211208-190803_Samsung Internet.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 38

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Wallahi I thought it was Portuguese or something it destroyed my second run :kendrickcry:

How my second run is worse than my first :damn:
portugese got me like 3 times. I thought it sounded like spanish. These people lying to me, it sounds like flemish.

World

VIP
You are all nerds how can you be getting such high scores? How am I supposed to tell the difference between Northern and Southern Uzbek wtf :damn:

Apollo

VIP
You are all nerds how can you be getting such high scores? How am I supposed to tell the difference between Northern and Southern Uzbek wtf :damn:

Process of elimination technique.

Lol, it is Northern Azerbaijani.

It is basically East Turkish. If it is the only Turkish sounding language in the list, then you'd pick that one.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
same bro! that shit is hard af. Luckly for me they weren't speaking arabic. So I chose the foreign one laakin the last one took me out. Never heard any of those languages spoken before. They all speak english. Those languages gonna go extinct
The first one was extremly easy although they claim it is extra hard

the second one was like distinguishing between mandarin and Wu chinese

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Some observations..

Albanian sounds like Maltese despite no connection. @Molotoff

When you hear a Slavic language that sound very close to Russian, but Russian isn't in the list pick Ukrainian, lol, cheat.

Malaysian has more Arabic loanwords, Filipino languages have Spanish loanwords, cheat to distinguish them.

Hausa sounds like Oromo spoken with a Bantu accent.

Portuguese from Portugal sounds like Spanish with a Russian accent.

Danish is the ugly/weird sounding Scandinavian language, guessing Norwegian vs Swedish impossible for me.

Albanian is like NO other indo-european language. I believe it has some similarities with Georgian, Armenian and/or Azeri. There is a theory that the Albanians are from the Caucasus.

Ukrainian is somewhat similar to Russian but far from fully, even though they are eastern slavic languages both of them. Ukrainian actually shares some similarities with the South Slavic languages (emphasizing the letter "i" in spelling and pronounciation of certain words, croats (or catholic serbs as some would argue do this)).

I got something like 453 on the omniglot level. Had difficulties distinguishing khmer from vietnamese as it all sounds the same to me (yeah I know, racist)...

Apollo

VIP
Albanian is like NO other indo-european language. I believe it has some similarities with Georgian, Armenian and/or Azeri. There is a theory that the Albanians are from the Caucasus.

It sounds like the Sims language, lol, like a fake language that sounds semi-English and also a bit like Maltese.

Very different sounding to Slavic language.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
It sounds like the Sims language, lol, like a fake language that sounds semi-English and also a bit like Maltese.

Very different sounding to Slavic language.

Yeah its a bit rigid. But one must remember that Albanian has been heavily influenced by Italian, Greek and Slavic (serbian) to a certain extent, Turkish as well.

I thought Maltese sounded like Arab. I know they have a lot of Arab blood.

Someone said to me once that Albanian is similar to Basque.

reer

VIP
Yeah its a bit rigid. But one must remember that Albanian has been heavily influenced by Italian, Greek and Slavic (serbian) to a certain extent, Turkish as well.

I thought Maltese sounded like Arab. I know they have a lot of Arab blood.

Someone said to me once that Albanian is similar to Basque.
maltese is a descendant of arabic. also the basics of maltese grammar are from arabic. remember maltese is still a semitic language.

I can tell the Rwanda-Rundi language from the other ones. It has this tone to it I can tell despite not understanding a word.

South African Bantu languages, excluding the clicks giveaway, I can tell by those weird tth thhsh thsh sounds. Sort of like a lisp but at the back to the tongue.

The other ones are tough though.
Kinyarwanda/Kirundi and related tongues do sound more watery/fluid for niger congo tongues and sound somewhat commanding, I might go as far as to say personally they have somewhat of an Afro Asiatic flow, spoken very fast. South African languages as you've said even without the clicks sound distinct for the pitch and tone of them generally being noticeably different(not as deep) and the number of lispy sounds in both the Nguni and Sotho languages.

Ugandan ones though are distinct as well, they sound less formal then Kinyrwanda(particularly that of the bugandans)

Trending