Ling Your Language

Welsh sounds like every european language put in a blender. How is that a language?

and esperanto is in there and its a made up language

How can outsiders distinguish Norwegian from Swedish?

Danish is very obvious, but NO vs SE I get killed in this game each time. Of course I could listen to some NO on YouTube and then some SE, but on my current untrained ear I can't distinguish them.
There is an internal dialect and speech melody continuum within Norway that can make it weird to compare without taking a specific general point of reference. The standard eastern dialect, which is the typical one, is different from Swedish in a way it sounds more clear. You see, the Swedes have this way of warping words and spell similar words differently. Let me end it with some jokes:

Not all Swedes are equally stupid.
You have the one who invented the solar-powered flashlight ...

Have you heard of the Swede on a southern holiday who had heard that one should be careful with ice cubes in the drink to avoid illness?

- The Swede took the advice and asked the waiter to cook the ice cubes first...

My result was pitiful

Screenshot_20211208-120945_Chrome.jpg

There is an internal dialect and speech melody continuum within Norway that can make it weird to compare without taking a specific general point of reference. The standard eastern dialect, which is the typical one, is different from Swedish in a way it sounds more clear. You see, the Swedes have this way of warping words and spell similar words differently. Let me end it with some jokes:

Not all Swedes are equally stupid.
You have the one who invented the solar-powered flashlight ...

Have you heard of the Swede on a southern holiday who had heard that one should be careful with ice cubes in the drink to avoid illness?

- The Swede took the advice and asked the waiter to cook the ice cubes first...
honestly swedish is the most beautiful language when you think about it, girls who speak Swedish sound angelic

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
350 on Omniglot.

Esparanto killed me.

But the Asian languages are too easy for me. Probably cause I live in Australia.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
306 in omniglot, I mistook oromo for zulu/some african language. Who ever said oromo sounds cushitics/somali lied! Thy truly are bantu
:mjhaps:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Got 243 on omniglot
The French dude speaking is definitely west african

Are the african languages outside of Swahili just for show, they haven't come up for me
fckin shona was on there, from mozambique, laakin that doesn't sound like a bantu language. It sounded straight up european. Wallahi when i got to it. it had options among european languages, not africans. It sounds mad european to me

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
You can literally tell what region of the world they are from just by the accent then you just have to guess the right country in that region
That's not easy though, how am I suposed to know slovak. slovene, serbian, bosnian apart? I couldn't even get oromo. ONly easy ones are asian ones. Portugese was hard, I thought it sounded like Spanish but it sounds weird,

Trending