Lineage Tracing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Why is it european-asians-africans don't trace their lineage? they only have like two names their first name and surname, where-as somalis trace their lineage man by man for generations. Does this indicate we are free noble men because we know our fathers and their history and their just peasants or slaves of someone. I noticed they do the same even in our generation, leaving their parents behind at home and noone caring about them.

It's like every generation they have, they start from scratch pretty much blind on history and they are like new babies on the world. Where-as someone who knows his lineage can collect information of history before he starts out life with wisdom and knowledge. I really do think tracing your lineage means your noble person or else why does the queen trace her lineage but her subjects do not? it indicates they were peasants in the past.

Infact all those who trace their lineage are never slaved either, notice how the slave is given a new name and his lineage ignored, the peasants of the kingdom of the queen must of been the same. All Somalis are kings really and that's why it's so hard to rule them is my view.

Lool you can trace your lineage very easily here (Sweden). Everything is documented and you can easily learn about your great great grandfathers fifth cousin and some random shit like that.

Somali didn’t have things documented so to memorize it back in the day they used surnames as a solution.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Lool you can trace your lineage very easily here (Sweden). Everything is documented and you can easily learn about your great great grandfathers fifth cousin and some random shit like that.

Somali didn’t have things documented so to memorize it back in the day they used surnames as a solution.
But can you do it till your clan founder we can go all the way I've seen English documents aswell they don't go far enough

But can you do it till your clan founder we can go all the way I've seen English documents aswell they don't go far enough
Hmm that may be true. But I’ve never been interested in history and lineage. But it would be interesting to walk the streets of muqdisho to see where my family lived and all.

The most you can trace back to individuals, 300 years at most.

You are looking at 1000 year + in the case of every single somali .

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP

You can literally trace back to a point were all somali people are cousins/brothers

But how? By just counting up names?
I don’t want to come of condescending just want to learn.

Because those “300 years” (source?), you will learn when they were born, died, education and kids. I think that is better than naming a person generations back.

But how? By just counting up names?
I don’t want to come of condescending just want to learn.

Because those “300 years” (source?), you will learn when they were born, died, education and kids. I think that is better than naming a person generations back.
No it's not because you don't know which individual is the one who married out of his lineage and married a different tribe or was born of another one, this way you can trace back relationships, to individuals and sometimes towns and events.

Also, yea .You just count names. Some people count back to a 1000+ years, so you'll suddenly see how far back it takes for you to relate to someone. These names mean something, because they link with land rights. People often also get named after their profession or their achievements.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I think someone without a lineage is a peasant because when you want to change someone the first thing you change is the lineage and history of that person. The only people that can trace their lineage as far as somalis in the western world are usually queens and kings, which must indicate lineage tracing is a key factor being a king or queen because peasants and normal people don't do that.

They actually know their linage pretty well

In libraries there are big linage books of family history’s

But unless us they don’t claim thousand year heritage based on shaky grounds

I used to believe the Darood story but how is it possible that 20% of Somalis claim this man?

What happened to the rest of the people who lived in Somalia before the country ?

I don’t think all of them are related to Darood

He would have to marry tons of wives to have so many descendants, even in Oman too

Apollo

VIP
I used to believe the Darood story but how is it possible that 20% of Somalis claim this man?

What happened to the rest of the people who lived in Somalia before the country ?

I don’t think all of them are related to Darood

He would have to marry tons of wives to have so many descendants, even in Oman too

Those Arab lineages are fake.

Somalis are native Cushites who lived in that region for thousands of years. Their male lines have nothing to do with Arabians.

Those Arab lineages are fake.

Somalis are native Cushites who lived in that region for thousands of years. Their male lines have nothing to do with Arabians.

Some of us have Arab blood because you can see it

And how do we know Daaroods male line survived if he did live ? Lots of wars back in the day ...

A few daughters is enough to wipe his name

Apollo

VIP
Some of us have Arab blood because you can see it

And how do we know Daaroods male line survived if he did live ? Lots of wars back in the day ...

A few daughters is enough to wipe his name

ethnic Somalis do not have recent Arab blood.

West Eurasian ancestry is pretty much equally distributed across the entire ethnic group. Dark skin and light skin Somalis almost always have the exact same level of Eurasian ancestry (I have seen hundreds of Somali genomes from all over the place).

Darod and Isaaq are fictitious and never existed.

West Eurasian ancestry is pretty much equally distributed across the entire ethnic group. Dark skin and light skin Somalis almost always have the exact same level of Eurasian ancestry (I have seen hundreds of Somali genomes from all over the place).

Btw Why is there a Darood tomb ? Who’s buried there ?

Apollo

VIP
Btw Why is there a Darood tomb ? Who’s buried there ?

The guy may have existed in the literal sense. But in the tribal sense, he is not the ancestor of that massive tribe.

Same for Isaaqs.

They are not Arab Mutts, but ancient Cushites with Cushitic male lineages.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Why is everything fictious sxb? Yemenis still come to Somalia even today on boats. Why is it fiction in the past? Yemeni did come to Somalia a single man Darod came, he married a local woman and had children what is so big and bad about that? those kids had more kids also.

You do realize Darod was under Ajuuran empire untill 17th century? it didn't populate that big for centuries, it only grew in prominence after the ajuuran boys disputed and their empire destroyed, this allowed hawiye and darod now to be the leading clans of the pennisula.

I really do believe the darod story and they settled eritrea also his brother another jabarti and mahri is his other brother in yemen and somalia. This is a family from Ismail Jabarti and he had a number of kids and their both in eritrea-somalia-yemen and socotra even.

Apollo

VIP
Why is everything fictious sxb? Yemenis still come to Somalia even today on boats. Why is it fiction in the past? Yemeni did come to Somalia a single man Darod came, he married a local woman and had children what is so big and bad about that? those kids had more kids also.

You do realize Darod was under Ajuuran empire untill 17th century? it didn't populate that big for centuries, it only grew in prominence after the ajuuran boys disputed and their empire destroyed, this allowed hawiye and darod now to be the leading clans of the pennisula.

I really do believe the darod story and they settled eritrea also his brother another jabarti and mahri is his other brother in yemen and somalia. This is a family from Ismail Jabarti and he had a number of kids and their both in eritrea-somalia-yemen and socotra even.

You need to stop writing massive essay replies and keep it to the point man.

There is no evidence of Arabian males from the medieval era fathering millions of Somalis. It is so unscientific and ridiculous I won't even bother providing more arguments.

@Apollo was there an ancient Euroasian migration to Somalia? How are we related to them an not our Arab neighbors?

I agree Arabs couldn’t father millions of living today, that’s close to an invasion or mass migration

But Euroasian seems far fetched ...

Status
Not open for further replies.