Letting your woman be around woman with bad character

In a long hadith I have cut out the relevant parts, full hadith is bukhari 5191
Context is that the wives of the prophet ﷺ started to scheme against the prophet ﷺ due to their jealousy, they played around with the prophet ﷺ, Allah then revealed verses in surah tahreem telling the wives of the prophet ﷺ to pattern up otherwise the prophet ﷺ would divorce them, and marry better women.

Allah said: 'If you two (wives of the Prophet) turn in repentance to Allah your hearts are indeed so inclined (to oppose what the Prophet likes)?" (66.4) He said, "I am astonished at your question, O Ibn Abbas. They were 'Aisha and Hafsa." Then 'Umar went on narrating the Hadith and said, "I and an Ansari neighbor of mine from Bani Umaiyya bin Zaid who used to live in Awali-al-Medina, used to visit the Prophet in turn. He used to go one day and I another day.....................
.We, the people of Quraish used to have the upper hand over our wives, but when we came to the Ansar, we found that their women had the upper hand over their men, so our women also started learning the ways of the Ansari women. I shouted at my wife and she retorted against me and I disliked that she should answer me back. She said to me, 'Why are you so surprised at my answering you back? By Allah, the wives of the Prophet answer him back and some of them may leave (does not speak to) him throughout the day till the night.' The (talk) scared me and I said to her, 'Whoever has done so will be ruined!' Then I proceeded after dressing myself, and entered upon Hafsa and said to her, 'Does anyone of you keep the Prophet angry till night?' She said, 'Yes.' I said, 'You are a ruined losing person!.....................
'Will you heed what I say, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)? We, the people of Quraish used to have power over our women, but when we arrived at Medina we found that the men (here) were overpowered by their women.' The Prophet (ﷺ) smiled and then I said to him, 'Will you heed what I say, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)? I entered upon Hafsa and said to her, "Do not be tempted to imitate your companion (`Aisha), for she is more charming than you and more beloved to the Prophet.' " The Prophet (ﷺ) smiled for a second time. When I saw him smiling, I sat down.

Lesson of the day is that the sahabiyaat the best women of this ummah were easily influenced by the ansaari women and this caused them to annoy and play with the best man to ever exist on this earth to the point where they would leave him to go to sleep angry with them and to the point where he wanted to divorce them. Both Aaisha and hafsah radiyallahu anhumaa were to blame for this. We cans ee nowadays our women are very easily influenced by the masculine women culture of being hostile to their husbands, this will ultimately destroy marriages and we should keep our women away from these influences.
I think this is what @En_Sabah Nur was alluding to when he said he doesnt want his women to hang around negative friends, especially in the west they can be very destructive. Also to note that the ansaar were also muslims aswell, but the aggressiveness of the women still rubbed off on the mekkan women, so u should be careful of ur wifes friends and make sure they are only righteous.
Comment ur thoughts

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
We are humans, therefore we are subject to human nature. Hafsa was about to be divorced but God sent Jibriel to prevent it. She was excused on the account that she prays salat and fasts. How amazing is that? In the Paradise our human eccentricities will disappear. Inshallaaah :)

We are humans, therefore we are subject to human nature. Hafsa was about to be divorced but God sent Jibriel to prevent it. She was excused on the account that she prays salat and fasts. How amazing is that? In the Paradise our human eccentricities will disappear. Inshallaaah :)
im saying u gotta be careful who u hang around.
nowadays ppl hang around anyone and say dw i wont get influenced

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

You become who u hang out with. Period. So yes, be careful. I say hang out with religious people

The Ansaar women weren't bad whatsoever. Fear Allah. There is literally no proof they had bad characters. The prophet praised the ansaar and unless you can find a hadith in which the Prophet rebuked them, then understand that this thread is atrocious.

The Ansaar women weren't bad whatsoever. Fear Allah. There is literally no proof they had bad characters. The prophet praised the ansaar and unless you can find a hadith in which the Prophet rebuked them, then understand that this thread is atrocious.
Did u not read the hadith.
The woman of the ansar used to be aggresive to their men,
the wives of the prophet ﷺ copied them and started to anger the prophet ﷺ.
Did u even read what I posted

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

The Ansaari women had a cosmopolitan attitude where the woman has some rights and freedom. Mecca was a very obscure land of different culture. Until today, every land has their own culture. For example Somali women are vastly independent than say Yemeni women or Ethiopian women

Did u not read the hadith.
The woman of the ansar used to be aggresive to their men,
the wives of the prophet ﷺ copied them and started to anger the prophet ﷺ.
Did u even read what I posted
The Ansaar were sahabiyats. There is no hadith in which the Prophet said they had bad character. Are you a scholar to be slandering a group of people the Prophet praised with 0 evidence?

I can show many hadiths in which the Prophet praises BOTH the men and women yet you're out here slandering sahabas.

This is a perfect reason why interpreting hadiths without scholarly commentary is a bad idea.

The Ansaari women had a cosmopolitan attitude where the woman has some rights and freedom. Mecca was a very obscure land of different culture. Until today, every land has their own culture. For example Somali women are vastly independent than say Yemeni women or Ethiopian women
Yes, but the Prophet s.a.w never rebuked them and they were Sahabayat. The Prophet s.a.w loved the people of Ansaar and never said their women had bad character.

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet saw the women and children (of the Ansar) coming forward. (The sub-narrator said, "I think that Anas said, 'They were returning from a wedding party.") The Prophet stood up and said thrice, "By Allah! You are from the most beloved people to me."

The Ansaar were sahabiyats. There is no hadith in which the Prophet said they had bad character. Are you a scholar to be slandering a group of people the Prophet praised with 0 evidence?

I can show many hadiths in which the Prophet praises BOTH the men and women yet you're out here slandering sahabas.

This is a perfect reason why interpreting hadiths without scholarly commentary is a bad idea.
I never slandered them. U see this is the problem u like to reinterpret everything to get triggered. When in my whole post did I slander the ansaari women?

.We, the people of Quraish used to have the upper hand over our wives, but when we came to the Ansar, we found that their women had the upper hand over their men, so our women also started learning the ways of the Ansari women. I shouted at my wife and she retorted against me and I disliked that she should answer me back. She said to me, 'Why are you so surprised at my answering you back? By Allah, the wives of the Prophet answer him back and some of them may leave (does not speak to) him throughout the day till the night.'

Shouting back at ur husband is not a good thing

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Yes, but the Prophet s.a.w never rebuked them and they were Sahabayat. The Prophet s.a.w loved the people of Ansaar and never said their women had bad character.

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet saw the women and children (of the Ansar) coming forward. (The sub-narrator said, "I think that Anas said, 'They were returning from a wedding party.") The Prophet stood up and said thrice, "By Allah! You are from the most beloved people to me."

May Peace be Upon our beloved prophet. Medina was his adopted home. Its emotional

Narrated Anas:

Ur reinterpreting everything I am saying to get triggered again.
U have a problem.
Im pointing out that letting urself hang out with ppl will influence u to act like them, and may cause problems. This is clear in the hadith I showed.

Ur reinterpreting everything I am saying to get triggered again.
U have a problem.
Im pointing out that letting urself hang out with ppl will influence u to act like them, and may cause problems. This is clear in the hadith I showed.
You said they had bad character. YOUR words, not mine.

You've slandered sahabiyat. Simple as.

I never slandered them. U see this is the problem u like to reinterpret everything to get triggered. When in my whole post did I slander the ansaari women?

.We, the people of Quraish used to have the upper hand over our wives, but when we came to the Ansar, we found that their women had the upper hand over their men, so our women also started learning the ways of the Ansari women. I shouted at my wife and she retorted against me and I disliked that she should answer me back. She said to me, 'Why are you so surprised at my answering you back? By Allah, the wives of the Prophet answer him back and some of them may leave (does not speak to) him throughout the day till the night.'

You said they had bad character. Simple as.

You said they had bad character. Simple as.
we found that their women had the upper hand over their men, so our women also started learning the ways of the Ansari women. I shouted at my wife and she retorted against me and I disliked that she should answer me back.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Amk equates listening to husband all times as the ONLY cause of actons for wives.

Some men want a feisty wife who disagrees with him so he can punish her in the bedroom! Right @Angelina

Read the bit in bold.

Your own hadith, apparently the mothers of believers used to answer back. Are you now going cast judgment on their character as well?

Read your own hadiths. This thread is insane.

Amk equates listening to husband all times as the ONLY cause of actons for wives.

Some men want a feisty wife who disagrees with him so he can punish her in the bedroom! Right @Angelina
Aaishah Ra was fiesty.
But the ansaari women made the her go too far.
If the attitude towards their husbands made the prophet ﷺ angry then it very much is bad character.
Men like fiesty woman but theres a limit to it

Read the bit in bold.

Your own hadith, apparently the mothers of believers used to answer back. Are you now going cast judgment on their character as well?

Read your own hadiths. This thread is insane.
If u read the whole hadith u would understand that it wasnt only the talking back but the scheming aswell.
Allah said: 'If you two (wives of the Prophet) turn in repentance to Allah your hearts are indeed so inclined (to oppose what the Prophet likes)?" (66.4) He said, "I am astonished at your question, O Ibn Abbas. They were 'Aisha and Hafsa."
This clearly states that both of the attitudes were not good and it needed reforming, i am not slandering anyone.

Trending

Latest posts