Lets Talk Science

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I have always found this topic interesting, but lets start talking about it more in this section. I have been wondering why doesn't every nation have oil, because technically oil is just marine life deposits from millions of years ago and stored into the earth different layers of crusts. I mean every continent is just like a piece of board sitting on top of bath water, if you drill deep enough you are bound to hit the ocean water sooner or later. So the questions remains, if all the continents are sitting on the same body of water, shouldn't we all have the same marine life deposits?

The second question I have is, the earth crust i mean the one right at the bottom of the sea water, they say we have inner core that is wrapped around different layers of crust, kinda like a chocolate egg with a number of wrapping around it. Since earth is suspended in space, shouldn't the inner core open up to space because that first piece of earth even though its wrapped around with layers of crust essentially began suspended in space? So wouldn't there be some hole somewhere on the earth deep end where we should see space?

The other science question that baffles me is space, they say space is bendable because of planets and stars weight, but space has no weight so how can it bend open space? that;s like saying buildings and their weight will bend the open space in our earth.

The other things I am still researching is time. Does time exist if the sun and moon isn't there? we calculate time and days and stuff using these elements, without it. What is time? is time something fixed to count something or is it having the ability to move or as they call it motion? I mean if u take away all the stars(which are just suns by the way) and the planets your just left with a big black empty space.

Oh and the issue of gravity is interesting. They say the universe is set in gravity that's why the earth and moon isnt falling, but where would it fall in an open space of blackness? they say planets formed cause of gravity, like those asteroids we see flying around and they say they all came together because gravity pulled it together because gravity is technically everywhere in space. That's fine. But when we see gravity in action we dont see things coming together. Like throw an apple and orange or anything they just float going everywhere. U can see it in the spaceships how items are just flying everywhere yet it's all gravity at work!!! The current theory is the first piece of asteroid with the help of gravity kept on attaching itself to the previous asteroid and eventually formed the planets and stars.

The other interesting thing is how did they all become round in shape over and over again in the forms of stars and planet which are all the same round shape, some might be bigger and smaller but it has the same shape continously look at the sun and moon, exactly the same shape different functions but same shape!!! look at each star in the sky and it technically is all shaped the same only difference is how big and small they are not their geometry!!!

Anyone got any interesting science questions? Please let this not get into a god topic, we cant test god and science is about testing!!!

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The question of time is a very interesting matter also. The scientist can't say time started with sun and moons, cuz how did we get to that stage of suns and moons if time didn't exist before it. They say time is mere motion and the ability to move which started at the big bang when space and time were all one. So technically speaking even if all the planets and stars didn't exist, time would still be there and things would be a black empty space but there would be movement!!!

The other science question that baffles me is space, they say space is bendable because of planets and stars weight, but space has no weight so how can it bend open space? that;s like saying buildings and their weight will bend the open space in our earth.

The curvature of space is bent by gravitational waves not space itself. There's no real difference between the idea of space and time warping, it could be space warping or time warping.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The curvature of space is bent by gravitational waves not space itself. There's no real difference between the idea of space and time warping, it could be space warping or time warping.

Space shouldn't have corners, its like saying open space that we see on earth has curves and bends. I am not saying graviatational waves are wrong, I do believe we have that in space, but it doesn't impact on the space itself. Grab a vaccum or some pressurized force and blow it in the air and u will see space is not touchable.

To Assume space has bends and curves would mean there would need to be something on top of space itself to bend and curve it. Like the earth is round right so the space inside our earth is going to be round because of the object. You would need something on top of the universe to bend it or give it a curve or some sort of shape which isn't proven.

But i dont disagree with gravitational wave, it's quite obvious it occurs. move your hand back and forth in space and u can feel it on ya hand the space waving about, but that impacts your hand or the object not the space itself. They assume space is quantifiable in terms of numbers and it can be measured like you can measure a house or something.

Last edited:
Good to have you back Dr. You're one of my faves on here. Your in depth comments are the stuff of legend. I thought I was long winded, but I ain't got nothing on you.
Why do you post so infrequently when you have so much to give? This is highbrow stuff.

Pro tip: keep your OP nice and short, containing only the essentials, and then use your replies to other commenters to flesh out your argument. Makes it less intimidating to read. These kids have a short attention span.

Dr, you raise some interesting questions. I thought fossil fuels were composed from decayed animals, not just marine life. Can't say for sure though. It's basically dinosaurs isn't it? Organisms that died millions of years ago.

As for astronomy, I'm out of my depth. Couldn't tell you the difference between a planet and a horse. Will be interested to see what answers are supplied.

Space shouldn't have corners, its like saying open space that we see on earth has curves and bends. I am not saying graviatational waves are wrong, I do believe we have that in space, but it doesn't impact on the space itself. Grab a vaccum or some pressurized force and blow it in the air and u will see space is not touchable.
Space isn't a tangible thing... when we say space it's referring to a 3d geometric setting, and "space is curved" is technically referring to the curvature of gravitational fields, not space itself. Think of it as a simplification.

This quote explains it well:

Finally, as Einstein noted "Space and time are modes in which we think, not conditions in which we exist" which is a view also expressed in 900 AD by the Arabic physicist Ikhwan al-Sufa, "Space is a form abstracted from matter and exists only in consciousness".
Space needs matter to exist, not the other way around.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
So your saying earth and the planets basically are the reason space exist? then when a planet or star dies out would that mean a piece of space dies with it? So can it be measured when a star dies there is impact on space? No offence but that sounds to me like if u take out the world trade center, u took out a piece of land and space surrounding it!!!

Big bang does make some sense in the fact u need space and time first before matter. U cant build have a world trade center if there isnt land, space and obviously time to begin with!!!

So your saying earth and the planets basically are the reason space exist? then when a planet or star dies out would that mean a piece of space dies with it? So can it be measured when a star dies there is impact on space?
I'm saying "space" is a mathematical abstraction that is a set of many real things like forces, objects etc. If you subtract all those forces, objects, dark matter, dark energy...you're left with nothing!

Big bang does make some sense in the fact u need space and time first before matter. U cant build have a world trade center if there isnt land, space and obviously time to begin with!!!
That's kind of what quantum mechanics suggests....shit pops out of nowhere. Yes, it's crazy but that's what we know.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
That's kind of what quantum mechanics suggests....shit pops out of nowhere. Yes, it's crazy but that's what we know.

Things can pop up with the right mixture of elements. U see it everyday, with grass growing, then dying and regrowing because of the elements. U see a wide varied plant life, animals, and etc from it. To suggest this is only possible in our earth and not possible somewhere else with the same elements is not logical at all. Look how we mixed tobacco, paper, filters, and fire to create a smoke These things are possible!!!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

You did raise a good question about consciousness, this is a very mind boggling topic. What's your views on it. A-lot of people are now saying if our minds didn't perceive these world, it wouldn't be real anyways. Could consciousness be responsible for what were seeing and experiencing? this treading towards philosophy though, but it's an interesting view-point. If you take away our minds, then none of this would be here well not to us anyways, it may exist independently though outside of our mind!!!

You did raise a good question about consciousness, this is a very mind boggling topic. What's your views on it. A-lot of people are now saying if our minds didn't perceive these world, it wouldn't be real anyways. Could consciousness be responsible for what were seeing and experiencing? this treading towards philosophy though, but it's an interesting view-point. If you take away our minds, then none of this would be here well not to us anyways, it may exist independently though outside of our mind!!!

The understanding of quantum mechanics thus far has suggested that space and time itself is growing ad infinitum. We don't know the source of the curvature that causes gravity, but it's quite possible that we are unable to perceive such gravitational forces. This allows there to be the phenomenon of planets and stars orbiting each other in unison and not floating around. There is a necessary principle that allows these things to occur, as you are referring to the causes of such phenomena as "elements" it's widely understood that there have to be very heavy elements in the right pressure and heat to form new stars.

Perception is reality when it comes to consciousness. Due to some genetic mutations some people are unable to see certain colors, this doesn't mean that their conscious reality is false, but their optical field is distorted. Consciousness can be viewed as the "soul" for instance because it's what links humans together and allows there to be shared values, understandings etc. Our bodies are vassals in which we dictate our conscious beliefs and longings. However to suggest that their is another reality outside of consciousness would be to bring forth the argument of a faux reality in which we are participating in or a set of realities that exist with differing conscious levels.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The understanding of quantum mechanics thus far has suggested that space and time itself is growing ad infinitum. We don't know the source of the curvature that causes gravity, but it's quite possible that we are unable to perceive such gravitational forces. This allows there to be the phenomenon of planets and stars orbiting each other in unison and not floating around. There is a necessary principle that allows these things to occur, as you are referring to the causes of such phenomena as "elements" it's widely understood that there have to be very heavy elements in the right pressure and heat to form new stars.

Perception is reality when it comes to consciousness. Due to some genetic mutations some people are unable to see certain colors, this doesn't mean that their conscious reality is false, but their optical field is distorted. Consciousness can be viewed as the "soul" for instance because it's what links humans together and allows there to be shared values, understandings etc. Our bodies are vassals in which we dictate our conscious beliefs and longings. However to suggest that their is another reality outside of consciousness would be to bring forth the argument of a faux reality in which we are participating in or a set of realities that exist with differing conscious levels.

Space itself isn't a physical tangible thing like a planet or star, infact when u look up at space you see far more space then actual matter. Time and Space are not physical yet without it, none of the planets or stars would be possible. So it appears the early universe was just a-lot of space and time that can only explain why planets n stars aren't as numerous as space itself. We also ignore the fact about sound, space and time can function quite well without the need of sound. Space and time seem like it's enveloped together without each other space can't move without time. So the big question is what's time? is time light? can space move if we take out light? It is obvious light emitted from one star compared to another star reaches us differently. I mean look at the light the moon emits compared to the light of another star, it has different impacts on the earth and it's all due to earth location.

So is light and time the same thing? was there light at the big bang if there even was one which I don't know if it is true or not?

Please respond brother, I am very interested in these topics and would like to know your views!!!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Brother please return as u have a good grasp of these issues. Is it possible where there is light or more concentration of it, it has an effect on time? could space have properties of light distributed un-evenly? so anything close to the moon where light is minimal time is slower(hence people jump in the air" but the closer u get to a light source(suns) time is faster and the opposite!!! so is light and space mixing responsible for time?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Is it possible time could be just a powerful radiation of light, not the sunlight type but a powerful core of radiation light all combined together and then as space expanded this light expanded with it and as it got further from the core it slowed down. I would imagine at the beginning it would've been similar to a hurricane how fast this must of been!!!

Brother please return as u have a good grasp of these issues. Is it possible where there is light or more concentration of it, it has an effect on time? could space have properties of light distributed un-evenly? so anything close to the moon where light is minimal time is slower(hence people jump in the air" but the closer u get to a light source(suns) time is faster and the opposite!!! so is light and space mixing responsible for time?

Sorry brother for the delay in response (it's nearing finals period). But the underlying properties of space time and light is that depending on the distance of the star or planet it affects the viewing of said light. Which is why space-travel is in light-years term. Which means how long it would take for that light to travel through space. As you've mentioned space isn't tangible, but a vast vacuum in which matter is encompassed. Light is but an emission of elements that we aren't fully capable of understanding. Matter that is quite interesting in this field is neutrinos, which is important for understanding the fundamental properties in space. The closer you are to the light source, ie the sun, the closer you are to the elements that make make that light source possible. Light isn't distributed unevenly, but there could be objects in space that can cause effects to distort field of vision and that might be a cause for there to be an assumption of light being unevenly distributed. It isn't farfetched to believe that light and time are the same because of how light travels and which part of a planet it reflects off of etc.

Apart from this I am quite interested in the prospects of other habitable planets with resources and climates similar to ours. With the vastness of the universe it's highly probable that such planets do exists, but we are incapable of traveling that far in a practical amount of time. Also the finding of living organisms outside of this planet is something that is highly probable, but such life forms might be fundamentally different from what we know in this planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending