Let's talk about psychology, psychology students drop in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

någon :)
Psychology is a good degree to have. it can open up to many fields BUT everyone is studying psychology. So it's up to you how far you want to take and critical you can be. My advice to any psychology student is to be open minded, read everything, at the end of it all.. it all links together. Go and read up the brain gut axis!!! READ JOURNALS oh please read journals!!! find you stance also. It's such a vast field you can never get lost.

All the best!!

EDIT: STATISTICS! KNOW YOUR ONE-WAY ANOVA'S TO BOOTSTRAPPING AT 10,000

The brain gut axis is so fascinating I have read that before. What is the journals you're talking about? could you link them please.

N

NaomiHoney

If a Somali girl isn't studying nursing, then she's studying psych :duckr: no alternatives

However, there is hardly any Somali clinical psychologist or counselling psychologist, psychoanalyst. The majority either go into IAPT/PWP or practise CBT.

N

NaomiHoney

dr.leorio

death\emitter
We have enough psychology majors in the somali community. What we need are psychiatrists and people that can diagnose mental illnesses. Plus most psychology majors I know in Minnesota never find a job in that field and end up doing something completely different from their major. It's an interesting subject I know but it really doesn't pay any bills.

We have enough psychology majors in the somali community. What we need are psychiatrists and people that can diagnose mental illnesses. Plus most psychology majors I know in Minnesota never find a job in that field and end up doing something completely different from their major. It's an interesting subject I know but it really doesn't pay any bills.
Because the ones pursuing psych never go that extra mile (as mentioned above). If all you do is show up for lectures then you can't be shocked with the end result.

Benjamin

My field leads to Clinical Psychology, so I don't think I would have that hard time finding a job. I kind of disagree with you, most people with such degree find a job. It may be a whole different scenario sense I don't live in the states.

EDIT: Those kind of profession is needed I agree with you in that part.

Last edited:

dr.leorio

death\emitter
My field leads to Clinical Psychology, so I don't think I would have that hard time finding a job. I kind of disagree with you, most people with such degree find a job. It may be a whole different scenario sense I don't live in the states.

EDIT: Those kind of profession is needed I agree with you in that part.

Yup it's different here since loads of people have 4-year psych degrees without there being enough jobs for everyone. Good luck with your field, Inshallah you'll find a job with no problems.

Because the ones pursuing psych never go that extra mile (as mentioned above). If all you do is show up for lectures then you can't be shocked with the end result.

Going the extra mile is needed in every field not only psychology but I agree with you. You reap what you sow at the end of the day.

Interesting stuff in psych electives in uni. I was fascinated by development of individuals from birth to death. It makes you think. Child development is very interesting.

Benjamin

Interesting stuff in psych electives in uni. I was fascinated by development of individuals from birth to death. It makes you think. Child development is very interesting.

I agree it's indeed a fascinating subject. What do you study in university if you don't mind?

I like to psychoanalysis people, I've
Been doing it all my life just became
Abit better at it.

I've come to the conclusion that
there's Some genuine psychopaths
on this site.

:sass2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending