Languages of the Horn

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's definitely confusing :ehh:
I wonder how easy the languages in the Horn would be to learn for inhabitants of that area, like for an Afar to learn Amharic or a Tigray to learn Somali :cosbyhmm:
If there's one thing we can be proud of as Afro-asiatic speakers it's that we likely had complex language before anyone else, since it's the earliest recorded language family

They learn pretty easily, Africans in general do. The good and also bad thing is most bilingual rural people learn extra languages orally, but most people are illiterate anyways so it doesn't really matter:manny:.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Are you sure thats giraffe and zebra? I have always used a different word. News can also be kheber.

i heard sari wachara for zebra (literally wild donkey) and yea words are used interchangeably depending on the person your talking to and his or her travels. egyptian/italin presence also brought in loan words.

i heard sari wachara for zebra (literally wild donkey) and yea words are used interchangeably depending on the person your talking to and his or her travels. egyptian/italin presence also brought in loan words.
Yeah ive only ever used sari wechera or darga wechera not farru, i guess it depends. And i see, also depends on the persons recent background too

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
I have no idea, I just wrote it out off of an Afar news broadcast.

And I'm not entirely sure, but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afar_language says that the 'x' in Afar is the 'dh' sound in Somali and the 'q' in Afar is the 'c' sound in Somali. Also the 'c' in Afar happens to be the 'x' in Somali, confusing:bell:, could have stuck with the same alphabet.
How do you Ethiopians have time to learn our language :childplease:
I told you you were a undercover agent :damn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts