Language thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandarin
3/4 months
name, country from, thank you, bye, teacher/student, who are they, my family, my age, intro, say that i can speak a lil chinese
books/videos

I meant are there Somalis in Hyderabad/India? What was it like living there?
Too many Somalis
If you are lightskin the Indians start claiming you, and most of the Somalis thought this was a compliment and slept better at night telling themselves they are not really Somalis
No one actually asked Somalis if they are anything else because everyone thought they are either Indians or south Asians

Too many Somalis
If you are lightskin the Indians start claiming you, and most of the Somalis thought this was a compliment and slept better at night telling themselves they are not really Somalis
No one actually asked Somalis if they are anything else because everyone thought they are either Indians or south Asians

You have to be trolling. Nonsaaans. A don belief it :idontlike:

The day I see a Somali claim Indian... den enough is enough mi bredda, mi no longa Somali yuh hear. Den mi name Rakeem an mi were born an bred inna Jamaica yu kno.

I might have to break into Eskista every time someone talks to me in Somali.

Suárez

Every man is a Shepard to his people.
I gotta learn Arabic because its hard to get by in Saudi its hard to buy a white khamis or a cheese burger from macdonalds, anyways that off the window. I would admire to learn maybe spanish.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Instead of learning languages of people, who see you less than dirt on the ground, maybe, just maybe, you should learn your actual mother tongue. I know that may terrify some of you, but trust me, you'll be better off, you bunch of self-hating, ajnabi loving, fucknuggests.

Instead of learning languages of people, who see you less than dirt on the ground, maybe, just maybe, you should learn your actual mother tongue. I know that may terrify some of you, but trust me, you'll be better off, you bunch of self-hating, ajnabi loving, fucknuggests.

there arent any online programs to learn somali. Its strange because someone could make alot of money out of it

:russ::dead:

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
I was there less than a year ago. I'll be going Belgium and probably NL again this April. You?

My understanding is good, speaking/pronunciation is ok I suppose, I just lack confidence because I don't speak it.

And yeah, I went to secondary there for a little while. I did pretty good and ended up in gymnasium which is why I had to take the compulsory Greek and Latin. But then we moved at some point and I enrolled at an Islamic school that didn't offer gymnasium so I did a year atheneum (a set lower) before moving to the UK.

I dont fully understand the school system there lol, but I think it's either more vocational or more academic depending on your set. I don't even think they teach lower sets subjects like physics and chemistry at all... but I might be wrong on that. The 4 years are compulsory, after that I think you can do optional further education called MBO. The mid tier do 5 years and then go on to HBO. Upper sets do 6 years and then go to University/HBO. Though uni in the UK and NL are not the same. I don't think they offer things like humanities, arts and soft sciences in uni, but rather HBO.

@RICH come thru :patrice:

You’re right about the 4, 5 and 6 years. It did depend on your score of a test (group 8/year 6) we call “cito toets”. But now (it changed) it depends on what advice your primary school teacher gives you. So if you have a shitty one, he/she could send you to mavo (lower sets) even if you had a good score. It’s something that happened a lot to foreigners!

The lower sets (mavo, vmbo-tl) do get physics and chemistry btw!

No, they do offer for example religion studies, psychology and media and culture in uni!

For someone who says he doesn’t understand it fully, you know a lot!

You’re right about the 4, 5 and 6 years. It did depend on your score of a test (group 8/year 6) we call “cito toets”. But now (it changed) it depends on what advice your primary school teacher gives you. So if you have a shitty one, he/she could send you to mavo (lower sets) even if you had a good score. It’s something that happened a lot to foreigners!

The lower sets (mavo, vmbo-tl) do get physics and chemistry btw!

No, they do offer for example religion studies, psychology and media and culture in uni!

For someone who says he doesn’t understand it fully, you know a lot!

:mjswag: I mean I did partially complete secondary school there so I should know more...

And that's a terrible change, imagine getting like 541 and your teacher recommends you be put in havo, that's just a dick move or 536 and getting put in TL etc.

I'm surprised they offer that at uni there though. I've been spreading misinformation for years now lol

Does that mean you can go from 5 havo straight to university and not HBO?

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
:mjswag: I mean I did partially complete secondary school there so I should know more...

And that's a terrible change, imagine getting like 541 and your teacher recommends you be put in havo, that's just a dick move or 536 and getting put in TL etc.

I'm surprised they offer that at uni there though. I've been spreading misinformation for years now lol

Does that mean you can go from 5 havo straight to university and not HBO?

No, you can’t. After havo 5 you first need to get your “propedeuse” in the first year of uni and then you’re able to go to the “Universiteit”. Or you can go to the “Universiteit” after finishing HBO.

Yeah it’s crazy wallaahi. I know people who had the same score as me, but were put in vmbo(-tl). While they actually could go to havo.

I speak 5 fluently.

❝If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.❞
‒Nelson Mandela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending