Language thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I speak 5 fluently.

❝If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.❞
‒Nelson Mandela

This just reminded me of Indians who say they speak 5 languages and then list Gujarati, Punjabi, hindi, mirpuri and some other shit kkkk. Not saying you're the same though sis. 5 languages is impressive masha allah, which do you speak? (Apart from Somali, English and Dutch)

I speak 3: Danish, English, and Somali. I had German in the early secondary years, but switched to Spanish when i started attending HS.

This is proving to be much more difficult than I thought :meleshame:

Day 7, but I officially know how to say 'The monkey walks near the horse'

This is proving to be much more difficult than I thought :meleshame:

Day 7, but I officially know how to say 'The monkey walks near the horse'

Good progress imo. The important thing is that you get comfortable with the grammar and syntax w/out necessarily knowing the rules. Learning random sentences will help w/ that. :vncu2n5:

Portuguese is going very well it’s extremely similar to Spanish. I just need to watch some more Neymar interviews because the intonation is very weird. :9uoofqd:

Good progress imo. The important thing is that you get comfortable with the grammar and syntax w/out necessarily knowing the rules. Learning random sentences will help w/ that. :vncu2n5:

Portuguese is going very well it’s extremely similar to Spanish. I just need to watch some more Neymar interviews because the intonation is very weird. :9uoofqd:
Mashallah sxb do you speak Spanish and Portguese you seem quite knowledgable

I don't even know where to start with grammar. I'm switching between the assimil book which hasn't really covered grammar, duolingo (some grammar), and memrise as of yesterday. I feel like the last two are a bit gimmicky aside for picking up random vocab but it's so easy and low key fun. I've been lazy with the book, but been banging out duolingo kkkkkkkk

I have to admit, some of this shit is triggering me. Constantly watching for gender is doing my head in. And why the f*ck is it el vestido :jcoleno:

How did you start off? I've watched a million YT vids 'HOW I LEARNED SPANISH' but none of them actually give you a description of their study plan. I keep ending up that FLAMA channel watching random shit, and 'mirin Spanish YouTube.

Good to hear you're making progress on your Portuguese though :nvjpqts:

I don't even know where to start with grammar. I'm switching between the assimil book which hasn't really covered grammar, duolingo (some grammar), and memrise as of yesterday. I feel like the last two are a bit gimmicky aside for picking up random vocab but it's so easy and low key fun. I've been lazy with the book, but been banging out duolingo kkkkkkkk

I have to admit, some of this shit is triggering me. Constantly watching for gender is doing my head in. And why the f*ck is it el vestido :jcoleno:

How did you start off? I've watched a million YT vids 'HOW I LEARNED SPANISH' but none of them actually give you a description of their study plan. I keep ending up that FLAMA channel watching random shit, and 'mirin Spanish YouTube.

LOL I know the flama channel
There's a buzfeed latinx channel called PERO LIKE they seek spanish with subtitles and discusses Latin American culture

I like the effort you’re putting into this and trust me, everyone’s experience is different. I’ll explain what I did when I get home!

5 languages Mashallah!
Somalis in India :ooh:
LOL Eurotrash is quite a harsh term for the nordic/central european Somalis in the UK
A lot of them come here quite young and don't remember a word of their nordic gibberish :mjlol:
masaakiin
But they benefit greatly with their EU passport but they grow up confused
I speak 4
English,French,Arabic and Soomaali
Any somali swiss or other francophone somalis in this forum like belgian/quebec/france somalis?

I'm learning several languages on the go. It's not easy, but it keeps my brain cells in tip top shop. The languages are English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Canadian, American and Australian. I'm thinking of adding Kiwi, but I heard it's really hard.

5 languages Mashallah!
Somalis in India :ooh:
LOL Eurotrash is quite a harsh term for the nordic/central european Somalis in the UK
A lot of them come here quite young and don't remember a word of their nordic gibberish :mjlol:
masaakiin
But they benefit greatly with their EU passport but they grow up confused
I speak 4
English,French,Arabic and Soomaali
Any somali swiss or other francophone somalis in this forum like belgian/quebec/france somalis?

Are you swiss?? :dwill:

I'm learning several languages on the go. It's not easy, but it keeps my brain cells in tip top shop. The languages are English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Canadian, American and Australian. I'm thinking of adding Kiwi, but I heard it's really hard.
alla nikaana kkkkkk
I think your joke was relating to accent
but Welsh,Scottish and Irish are actual languages sxb

I'm from the French speaking region ( suisse romande)
I learnt German at school but forgot it all upon arriving to the uk

:siilaanyolaugh: Miskeenad, Ileen you were also a trafficking victim during the exodus to the UK. Did you come here as a child misa recent hostage miyaad tahay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts