Ladies and Gents, it is official, Many Somali neighbourhoods (Toronto) are some of city's poorest

Gambar

VIP
I have no sympathy for the Somali community in Toronto. Plenty of ethnicities fled here due to civil war and they made something of themselves. Instead of going to college (which is very affordable) & get a decent job they contented themselves to welfare & subsidized housing allowing their children to be exposed to ghetto culture & learning how to "kawaal" the system just like their bakhti parents.

My advice to the Toronto Somalis who are trying to make something of themselves is move out of the ghetto as soon as you can even if your parents make a fuss about it. There are better neighbourhoods where you can stay in or even better get a job in a different city. There's no hope for these people, they'll be stuck in the ghetto for generations to come.
What a shame when they are 26 talking about kawaal.

I'm sick and tired of this ''woe is me'' mentality, to be honest. If you can't make anything of yourself in a first world country, it's your fault simply as. Stop blaming the system and start getting book smart, and invest, learn to trade and start a business for your children and yourself.

It sounds like you've been drinking from the same water source AbdiJohnson has for years while you've been MIA. :mjlol::francis:
Too much fuckery going on in the Somali community. In the article they say they're being discriminated because of their postal code. If thats the case then move the f*ck out. Who said that you have to live in Jamestown or Lawrence Heights?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Too much fuckery going on in the Somali community. In the article they say they're being discriminated because of their postal code. If thats the case then move the f*ck out. Who said that you have to live in Jamestown or Lawrence Heights?

I don't buy the postal code discrimination either. But there is something deeply embedded in the system that affects Somalis, other Africans, and the Caribbean communities disproportionately more when it comes to opportunities and careers in the private sector than it does other communities. Some of that may be self-inflicted but it's there. Certain careers like government and healthcare like nursing are homeruns for Somalis. But when it comes to the private sector we have to admit to the realities on the ground instead of burying our heads in the sand and yelling the sky is the limit. :manny:

No Offense, but somali soccer is worthless:drakelaugh:I hate when somalis say " I did somali soccer/sports for da youf"

Did you help these kids with their university applications? Give them references if they needed a job? Help them find internships? Or did you simply help them "solve for x" kulaha. :pachah1: I'm not trying to be mean, but I never seen a somali homework club that got a Somali kid an academic scholarship is all lol.

I'm only asking cause the other ethnic communities (Indian,Asian,White immigrant, Jewish, Whites) all do this ( Internship,references,scholarships, college application) but Somalis don't lol. They just do "sports" and "RANDOM HOMEWORK CLUB" which clearly isn't working.

I remember going to a retarded somali homework club in 2004 and I can honestly say it didn't do shit except line certain people's pockets. I did my homework in half and hour, no Somali helped me in that 'program' then I went outside and played 'soccer', I wonder how much money they got from the government to do that stupid shit :lolbron:

@IftiinOfLife

I helped those who I can and btw, it’s the responsibility of their parents for their general welfare and not mine. I can only advice them now and then, but they should do the hard yakka by themselves. I have referred some to people that I know for employment and references, but don’t expect me to be a mother Theresa for them. Soccer and any kind of sport is great for kids as it reconnects them to one another in a positive way, builds their self esteem and become health conscious to avoid drugs and anything that harms their health. Most importantly, the idea of sport and children is also to keep them out of delinquency. Somalis should breed less, concentrate and be actively involved in the lives of their children. We mostly breed for in order to get more welfare. It’s not working. Sacrifice and invest for the future of your children.

These people who work in the social work field always degrading us for grants for their silly nonprofits.

@Hani Malab

You may have a point about the activists who always like to blame the system and their livelihoods depends on the existence of poor people, but the census and the realities on the ground disagree with you and state that Somalis in Toronto are in the worst shape throughout the Somalis in North America. Unemployment, higher dependency on welfare, higher percentages of them who still live in the projects and worst of all, their homicide rates is the highest in Canada. I don’t know how you can sugarcoat that and claim that they are doing well. We are discussing Toronto and not the whole of Canada.

@Hani Malab

You may have a point about the activists who always like to blame the system and their livelihoods depends on the existence of poor people, but the census and the realities on the ground disagree with you and state that Somalis in Toronto are in the worst shape throughout the Somalis in North America. Unemployment, higher dependency on welfare, higher percentages of them who still live in the projects and worst of all, their homicide rates is the highest in Canada. I don’t know how you can sugarcoat that and claim that they are doing well. We are discussing Toronto and not the whole of Canada.

Canadian Somalis do extremely well. I didn't dispute the fact that many live in government housing, but most by choice if we're being honest.

Canadian Somalis do extremely well. I didn't dispute the fact that many live in government housing, but most by choice if we're being honest.

@Han Malab

we are not discussing Canadian Somalis per se, but we are discussing Toronto Somalis. Yes, off course, some will do excellent, but the majority look like they are struggling badly.

@Han Malab

we are not discussing Canadian Somalis per se, but we are discussing Toronto Somalis. Yes, off course, some will do excellent, but the majority look like they are struggling badly.

Not true at all. If you visited you'd see. Financially they do pretty well, their line of thinking is what's stopping then from being great on paper

@Jaydaan

"puss"!!! What is wrong with "puss"? You already reverted back to your demeaning ways of women.

I made a comment a decade ago that still stands, the majority of Somalis will be residents in government housing the year 2060 when the Welfare State collapses and an extreme form of laissez faire emerges and adopted by Western governments. Then, the sixth generation of Somalis will be complaining about racism and Islamophobia because of poverty. There is nothing no one can do for them. But when you see a kid who has potential, it is always good to part with them a good advice not to fall into the cracks and guide them to the best of your ability. I've seen non-Somalis who want these Somalis to succeed, but the welfare system has made us lazy and slowly changing the mindset of the children. I see young Somalis getting married and spending big on weddings for only them to live in public housing few years later. Divorces skyrocketing and single mothers raising children in the ghettoes. Not a bright future.
what uni did you go to ? was it a prestige one in australia and what course?

I don't buy the postal code discrimination either. But there is something deeply embedded in the system that affects Somalis, other Africans, and the Caribbean communities disproportionately more when it comes to opportunities and careers in the private sector than it does other communities. Some of that may be self-inflicted but it's there. Certain careers like government and healthcare like nursing are homeruns for Somalis. But when it comes to the private sector we have to admit to the realities on the ground instead of burying our heads in the sand and yelling the sky is the limit. :manny:

Private sector is full of nepotism & racial discrimination. I don't disagree with you there. My issue is with the people who don't even bother to try. The ones who are doing everything right but things haven't worked out yet have my sympathy.

Trending

Latest posts