Kenya refuses to recognise ICJ ruling prior to verdict next week.

It doesn't matter, this was always going to be the case, they didnt even show up to present their case because they dont have one. Their many campaigns failed. They wont have access to the oil/gas, that is what is most important for now.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
It doesn't matter, this was always going to be the case, they didnt even show up to present their case because they dont have one. Their many campaigns failed. They wont have access to the oil/gas, that is what is most important for now.
Honnestly if kenya drills for oil and gas in the somali coast what will somalia do?

They dont have the capacity and no company would do it for them. This is about international law, they simply cant do it.

Somalia can't even control their socalled sovereign territory i.e. Berbera port/Berbera corridor how the hell can they control a contested sea that they can't even patrol where a bigger and more powerful adversary is laying claim to it.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Honnestly if kenya drills for oil and gas in the somali coast what will somalia do?
This is the reason why all of those european ambassador came for. The same reason why Norway was backing former pm kheyre, and qatar is backing farmaajo.

The IC has already made up their minds about this case years ago. Hence why the turkish parliament authorized the turkish navy to patrol the somali sea and coast, after receiving the request from the federal government.

On top of everything Kenya is dumb enough to buy weaponry from turkey. Now they have to order parts for replacements for their military vehicles from turkey the ally of somalia.

Kenya also needs that part of the sea to gather funds to pay back the Chinese before they have to default on their loans which the chinese lended. So the Chinese will take over one of their important ports for 99 years like what happened to sri lanka.

Plus the leadership of the horn has already turned their back to Kenya now Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia's mad leaders have a weird momentum going on. The real shift will be noticable when the horn stabilizes after god knows how long.

Somalia can't even control their socalled sovereign territory i.e. Berbera port/Berbera corridor how the hell can they control a contested sea that they can't even patrol where a bigger and more powerful adversary is laying claim to it.
Kenya would need oil and gas companies to take it out, what company would after this verdict?

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Kenya would need oil and gas companies to take it out, what company would after this verdict?
I see it makes sense now. i though the kenyan gouverment drills it by themselves but you are right foreigners cant do that after the verdict maybe a chinese company that doesnt care they can

Last edited:
Kenya has announced that they will not abide by the ICJ ruling the rulling will ofcourse be in Somalias favor, Qatar will negotiate a settlement between them based on a new consensus.

I read somewhere that Qatar have a stake in some off-shore blocs belonging to Kenya and Qatar also basically controls Somalia they are bankrolling the country, or more precisely the corrupt politicians

Kenya has announced that they will not abide by the ICJ ruling the rulling will ofcourse be in Somalias favor, Qatar will negotiate a settlement between them based on a new consensus.

I read somewhere that Qatar have a stake in some off-shore blocs belonging to Kenya and Qatar also basically controls Somalia they are bankrolling the country, or more precisely the corrupt politicians
Those blocks are not in the disputed area. They have been pushing for an out of court settlement all along, why would anyone settle after its ruled in our favour.

Tough times ahead for Kenya.

I see that it makes sense. i though the kenyan gouverment drills it by themselves but you are right foreigners cant do that after the verdict maybe a chinese company that doesnt care they can
They don’t have the capabilities to drill on their own. China are part of the security council, they’ll abide by this verdict.

I doubt even the most corrupt Somali politicians would give any concessions to the Kenyans after a court win. Whether Kenya accepts this decision or not is a non issue, Somalia has clear legality over those seas.

Last edited:
Those blocks are not in the disputed area. They have been pushing for an out of court settlement all along, why would anyone settle after its ruled in our favour.

Tough times ahead for Kenya.

I could imagine that Kenya will retaliate by bombing Gedo, slapping Madobe and throwing out all somali refugees..:heh:

cow

VIP

whats stopping somalia from making the same deals with qatar? truth is kenya cannot do anything. all somalia needs to do is make deal with big oil companies and thats all. the law is on somalia's side that is all that matters.

The contested area:

20211008_133146.jpg

Trending