Just watched a 5h long interview with former sr Sudani secret agent about Horn of Africa and Ethiopia

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The guy was a senior intel agent that was handling many TPLF, EPRP, and many others. What striked me how the TPLF was the most disciplined and organized group compared to Amhara, Oromos, Afar and Somalis. He dissed Oromos the most, he called Oromos weak, disorganized and not good fighters, but called Somalis, Afar and Tigray as fierce fighters, but TPLF were the most organized and most effective even against Ethiopian Derg army despite not having the same equipment as the Ethiopian army.

So why they have this discipline, what makes them such good fighters ?

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
The guy was a senior intel agent that was handling many TPLF, EPRP, and many others. What striked me how the TPLF was the most disciplined and organized group compared to Amhara, Oromos, Afar and Somalis. He dissed Oromos the most, he called Oromos weak, disorganized and not good fighters, but called Somalis, Afar and Tigray as fierce fighters, but TPLF were the most organized and most effective even against Ethiopian Derg army despite not having the same equipment as the Ethiopian army.

Post the link

I thought you guys were united regardless of religion?
wdym you guys, i lived there for a bit but I'm not from there

But no, looking objectively their divide is probably the biggest reason why they are still pretty politically irrelevant. We backed some of their groups when we were more centralised but they failed to get momentum due to their Muslim centric elite

wdym you guys, i lived there for a bit but I'm not from there

But no, looking objectively their divide is probably the biggest reason why they are still pretty politically irrelevant. We backed some of their groups when we were more centralised but they failed to get momentum due to their Muslim centric elite
I saw a couple of users call you Oromo so I thought you were. Are there any issues within the Muslim/Christian clans or is there at least some unity amongst Oromos who share a religion?

Just observe Somalis at a funeral or simple events like football. All men are equal in giving orders. 🤣

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Arabic is one of the hardest languages to learn and am late for it.
If you speak Somali at a decent level you already have tons of Arabic vocab you didn’t even know you had. I suggest learning the basics of modern standard Arabic and then picking up a dialect (for Somalis Yemeni or another Peninsular Arabic dialect would suit better)

If you speak Somali at a decent level you already have tons of Arabic vocab you didn’t even know you had. I suggest learning the basics of modern standard Arabic and then picking up a dialect (for Somalis Yemeni or another Peninsular Arabic dialect would suit better)
Personally growing up in a khaleeji speaking family somali has the most similarity with them and its the easier to learn

He was talking about the situation in the 70s and 80s, today's/more recent situation is very, very different. The OLF was weak because of many reasons, none of which had to do with lack of support, or lack of bravery among Oromos, etc. It was weak mostly due to leadership inefficiency. Just look at how most of the OLF leaders fled in the 1990s, when the TPLF-EPRDF-EPLF attacked their disarmed, encamped soldiers.
TPLF was the best after the EPLF, true, because for one thing, it is easier to unite and manage a smaller region, than it is to manage and unite a much larger nation whose relations with ethiopia differs depending on the region.
but, still, without the other parties of the eprdf, opdo and andm, tplf wouldn't have ruled for 5 years, forget about 27. oromo and amara elites in the eprdf mistrusted each other to the point that the tplf was able to exploit that and rule. when those elites cooperated, look at how fast the once mighty, armed to the teeth tplf, fled into obscurity and irrelevance.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
He was talking about the situation in the 70s and 80s, today's/more recent situation is very, very different. The OLF was weak because of many reasons, none of which had to do with lack of support, or lack of bravery among Oromos, etc. It was weak mostly due to leadership inefficiency. Just look at how most of the OLF leaders fled in the 1990s, when the TPLF-EPRDF-EPLF attacked their disarmed, encamped soldiers.
TPLF was the best after the EPLF, true, because for one thing, it is easier to unite and manage a smaller region, than it is to manage and unite a much larger nation whose relations with ethiopia differs depending on the region.
but, still, without the other parties of the eprdf, opdo and andm, tplf wouldn't have ruled for 5 years, forget about 27. oromo and amara elites in the eprdf mistrusted each other to the point that the tplf was able to exploit that and rule. when those elites cooperated, look at how fast the once mighty, armed to the teeth tplf, fled into obscurity and irrelevance.
The religious divide inside the Oromo is going to intensify as Oromo Christians continue to convert to Pentay. These Evangelicals will become ever more influenced by anti Muslim sentiment and will in all likelihood refuse to balkanize Ethiopia when the time comes.

Also, as Christian Oromo have urbanized, they have continued to Amharize. Oromo nationalism is more powerful when it is in the countryside. Oromo Christians like Abiy, Shimelis, Adanech etc.. continue to buy into the Abyssinian "Christian Island" myth. Urbanization kills Oromummaa. The window for the preservation of Oromo identity, and especially the Oromo identity of Christian Oromo, is closing.

By 2100, the Amhara may end up assimilating all Oromo west of the Rift Valley by selling them the opium of Ethiopiawinet.

Oromo as a first language is declining even in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne.
  • Out of 371 kindergartens in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne, only 38 or 10% are Afan Oromo only
  • Out of 199 primary schools in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne, only 27 or 13.6% are Afan Oromo only
  • 81% of kindergartens in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne are Amharic only
  • 70% of primary schools in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne are Amharic only
Oromia 1.png

57.7% of all students in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne have parents whose mother tongue is Afan Oromo, but only 49% of all students can speak Afan Oromo as their mother tongue. So 15% of children with two Oromo parents cannot speak Afan Oromo. Oromo are still being Amharized 33 years after the fall of the Derg.
Oromia 2.png

This is the fate of all Oromo as urbanization continues.
Language Use and Lingo-Cultural Identity among Linguistically Diverse Young People in Sheger Sub-cities Surrounding the Capital City of Ethiopia

The religious divide inside the Oromo is going to intensify as Oromo Christians continue to convert to Pentay. These Evangelicals will become ever more influenced by anti Muslim sentiment and will in all likelihood refuse to balkanize Ethiopia when the time comes.

Also, as Christian Oromo have urbanized, they have continued to Amharize. Oromo nationalism is more powerful when it is in the countryside. Oromo Christians like Abiy, Shimelis, Adanech etc.. continue to buy into the Abyssinian "Christian Island" myth. Urbanization kills Oromummaa. The window for the preservation of Oromo identity, and especially the Oromo identity of Christian Oromo, is closing.

By 2100, the Amhara may end up assimilating all Oromo west of the Rift Valley by selling them the opium of Ethiopiawinet.

Oromo as a first language is declining even in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne.
  • Out of 371 kindergartens in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne, only 38 or 10% are Afan Oromo only
  • Out of 199 primary schools in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne, only 27 or 13.6% are Afan Oromo only
  • 81% of kindergartens in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne are Amharic only
  • 70% of primary schools in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne are Amharic only
View attachment 316341

57.7% of all students in the Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne have parents whose mother tongue is Afan Oromo, but only 49% of all students can speak Afan Oromo as their mother tongue. So 15% of children with two Oromo parents cannot speak Afan Oromo. Oromo are still being Amharized 33 years after the fall of the Derg.
View attachment 316342
This is the fate of all Oromo as urbanization continues.
Language Use and Lingo-Cultural Identity among Linguistically Diverse Young People in Sheger Sub-cities Surrounding the Capital City of Ethiopia
The thing is though Oromo countryside nationalism is pretty useless, I’m more concerned what will come next since it’s not really certain Ethiopia can homogenise without turmoil

Like they say, better the enemy you know

Trending

Latest posts