Journalist arrested in Garowe, Puntland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garowe-(Puntland Mirror) Puntland security forces have arrested a local journalist in Garowe, security sources confirmed to Puntland Mirror.

Ahmed Kilwe, managing editor of Puntland One website was arrested by forces on Sunday, was being held on charges of posting words on Facebook against President Abdiweli Mohamed Ali of Puntland, according to sources.

Several journalists were arrested in Puntland in the past few years, raising concerns over the freedom of journalists working in the state.

http://puntlandmirror.net/puntland-security-forces-arrests-local-journalist-garowe/

The Media Association of Puntland (MAP) has hit out at the Puntland Security forces for the arrest and confinement of a journalist over critical posts on social media.

Ahmed Ali Kilwe, who owns and edits an online news portal, was arrested in the autonomous region’s capital of Garowe last week for mocking Puntland President Abdiweli Mohamed Ali Gaas on his Facebook account.

MAP expressed concern over the way Ahmed Ali Kilwe was taken into custody, and added that anyone charged with violating the law should be promptly produced before a court of law.

‘’The act of the security forces to arrest him shows the intolerance towards criticism and is against the rule of law and the right to freedom of expression,’’ said Omar Mohamed, MAP’s Communication and Advocacy Officer.

He added:‘’We call on Puntland President to stop threatening the press and abide the law.”

Puntland authorities are yet to comment about the arrest of the Journalist.

http://sahanonline.com/2017/07/somalia-media-union-decries-arrest-of-journalist-in-puntland/

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
That's from 5 days ago, did you legit search up what you could find on puntland cause your fellow isaaqs went ham on your lala land? :noneck:
wow :farmajoyaab:

Welcome to the club, Puntland.
:bell:

The main difference is that Puntland never claimed to be a beacon of democracy to gain recognition for session.

Somaliland sat itself a higher standard and fails to achieve it, that's called a hypocrisy.

Also I refer to my comment earlier in this thread, this is a cultural among Somalis.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Masha Allah democratic Puntland arrest Journalist.

I wonder who is more democratic. Puntland or maamulka Somaliland. Someone should check their prisons.

The main difference is that Puntland never claimed to be a beacon of democracy to gain recognition for session.

Somaliland sat itself a higher standard and fails to achieve it, that's called a hypocrisy.

Also I refer to my comment earlier in this thread, this is a cultural among Somalis.

Yeah, I saw that post but the mistreatment of journalists isn't "cultural" for Somalis; more so it's endemic throughout Africa and other developing nations too.

Yeah, I saw that post but the mistreatment of journalists isn't "cultural" for Somalis; more so it's endemic throughout Africa and other developing nations too.

The degree of the persecution is cultural, objective journalist have no supporters unless they support specific clans og agendas.

This is compounded by lack of the rule of law, which is endemic of most Somali centered societies.

Gambar

VIP
Funny how you lot claim Puntland copies Somaliland but yet here you are making a false equivalency between Puntland and Somaliland. Puntland doesn't claim to be a democratic nation unlike Somaliland. Why compare yourself to a maamul goboleed? :pachah1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending