I've had many people since 2015 ask that "Ogaden region" be banned from the forum

Somalispot referendum #1: Should "Ogaden region" be called something else?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling it Ogaden is what TPLF would have loved because through tribalizing the region you turned the struggle on its head

It's no longer a collective Somali struggle anymore but a tribal one & good luck enticing anyone to join you especially Somalis whom can't look past it

This gives the TPLF the ammo to use the various tribes against each other, this is also terrible for the o.g clan as we saw before, they get all the repercussions for ONLF attacks collectively while none of the other tribes there suffer because of this tribal emphasis

A unified movement that is mixed and even if no one else joins using an all inclusive Somali name with a few token mixed clans for representation will not only win more hearts and minds, but the TFLF is forced to hurt other clans if they go the collective punishment route instead of just targetting a single clan.

This will unleash the hell hounds of chaos and lead to their quick demise with swelling recruits all over the Somali peninsula joining this mixed struggle, hence the names are of paramount importance her both of the region and the rebel movement going clan route is not only foolish but genocidal

If a single tribal movement forced the TPLF to abandon collective punishment in favour of settlement, then a mixed one would have destroyed it

Let be real here, the ONLF are only one who are fighting the Ethiopians.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
You know wats so sad. If Ethiopians and Somalis were friendly. Our regions would of flourished like oman uade qatar saudia. East africa as a united country under one currency is a win win situation

Bale, Harar, Boran and Ogaden are the areas that compromise the Zone 5 of Ethiopia today. So the Ogaden administrative area was much smaller than the current Zone 5 or Somali Region. A misnomer for the region! Don't forget the Somalis are not limited to Zone 5 thousands live in the Afar or modern Oromo region too. There is no proof or clan census of Ogaden being majority in Ethiopia.

You should worry about clan from oromization.

Kezira

disneylanders
You know wats so sad. If Ethiopians and Somalis were friendly. Our regions would of flourished like oman uade qatar saudia. East africa as a united country under one currency is a win win situation
You're people can't even share a town outside of Mogadishu

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
The problem is that Ethiopia is too big. It should be 5-6 states. It's an artificial nation created by colonialists and didn't exist before the arrival of Europeans(outside of Amhara/Tigray/Shoa regions).

He addressed that point when he said "no one else joins using an all inclusive Somali name with a few token mixed clans for representation will not only win more hearts and minds, ..."

Although I wonder if the rebellion will be successful since the TPLF has managed to poison the well by using the liyuu police. I don't think other Somali clans will be able to let go of their grievances with the liyuu even if there was an all-encompassing nationalist movement in the region. That's why it's up to ONLF to dismantle the tplf's puppets by themselves and the spoils will go to the victors. If they succeed they can do whatever they want with the region

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
No, I thought she hated Daroods :mjlol: there are 2 non darods other than her who voted no

:gucciwhat:

I didn't know you had a victim complex.

Don't listen to @Starscream, he's been lying about me hating Ogaden, dhulbahante and mareexaan (oddly enough he says I 'bootyclap for majeerteens)

I don't hate any qabil.

if my sub-clan was the only one fighting Ethiopia and I was the leader my only strategy is to get as many Somalis as I can involved into this even drag them in by force against their own will because if I don't it's game over for us, classic bull story

I would do anything to achieve this even make up lies non stop PR campaigns, then raid them in territories all over Somalia including @waraabe neighbourhoods to force him to fight after they butcher his people for reprisals

Just one of their collectivism attacks is enough to turn it into Somali conflict while swelling the ranks for SLM (Somali liberation movement) which has instant universal attraction

This is a great time to do this with gaashamo massacre around Hawd by those tplf stooges but there is no universal group people could get behind, that's why ICU was so deadly and unstoppable in Somalia it had that universal appeal

Last edited:
The problem is that Ethiopia is too big. It should be 5-6 states. It's an artificial nation created by colonialists and didn't exist before the arrival of Europeans(outside of Amhara/Tigray/Shoa regions).
Ethiopia has existed in its current size since the 1800s. Your country litterally formed in the 60s. Which one is the artificial state? Somalia won't ever be stable because you guys can't be trusted when all you think about is irredentism 24/7. Why would your neighbors support you when all you wish is to take land that was never originally yours. You guys rather annex land than take of the land that you do have. Once you free yourself of the illness you will prosper.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Ethiopia has existed in its current size since the 1800s. Your country litterally formed in the 60s. Which one is the artificial state? Somalia won't ever be stable because you guys can't be trusted when all you think about is irredentism 24/7. Why would your neighbors support you when all you wish is to take land that was never originally yours. You guys rather annex land than take of the land that you do have. Once you free yourself of the illness you will prosper.
Abyssinia existed, not Ethiopia which is a stolen name.

As I've said, you're country is an artificial nation that was conquered and colonized by the Italians for 5 years. Your so called emperor became a refugee that had to beg the British for his "country" back.

:gucciwhat:

I didn't know you had a victim complex.

Don't listen to @Starscream, he's been lying about me hating Ogaden, dhulbahante and mareexaan (oddly enough he says I 'bootyclap for majeerteens)

I don't hate any qabil.

:yacadiim:

It was wrong of me to say hate. My view of you was shaped by your arguments with the dude and I assumed you had a huge dislike for the tribes you dubbed the Bermuda triangle

Kezira

disneylanders
Ogaden are proud Ethio Somalis. It's mind-boggling how you all sit here hating on Ethiopia and wishing chaos on the Somali region of ETHIOPIA whole Somalia is literally a cumbucket. Worry about Somalia firth people. prioritise keyword here

Abyssinia existed, not Ethiopia which is a stolen name.

As I've said, you're country is an artificial nation that was conquered and colonized by the Italians for 5 years. Your so called emperor became a refugee that had to beg the British for his "country" back.
Nope, that's not how the world see it. Don't be mad that your ancestors were too weak to put up a fight. The Europeans probably bought all the land without even firing a gun lol. Ethiopia has been the name of our country since the 3rd century, when did the name Somalia arise? Oh yea the Italians made it up for you during the 100 years of colonization.

Ethiopia the only country in the world to remain independent for time immortal. God truly has blessed us!

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
When did you - of all people started 'banning' words? @AbdiJohnson

He's a progressive fascists.

He wants to shove everyone's freedom down your throat.

If you guys went back to Yemen we'd be happy to cooperate and become friends.

Until then it'll be a fight between two former empires, major world religions and egos for dominance of the region.

As soon as the big powers in the world get distracted and can't interfere temporarily we'll continue our millennium old game.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Nope, that's not how the world see it. Don't be mad that your ancestors were too weak to put up a fight. The Europeans probably bought all the land without even firing a gun lol. Ethiopia has been the name of our country since the 3rd century, when did the name Somalia arise? Oh yea the Italians made it up for you during the 100 years of colonization.

Ethiopia the only country in the world to remain independent for time immortal. God truly has blessed us!
You're a worthless, homeless, stateless Afar or a Somali. I probably know who you are.

What a bum.

BTW, the Italians, French, British and the Abyssinian's all collaborated against the Dervish movement and failed until they used the first planes in Africa against us. Ethiopia/Abyssinia only existed as a collaborator of the white man. Before that, you were getting beheading by the Sudanese. :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

Kezira

disneylanders

God bless Mother Ethiopia.

Area where Somalis inhabit from Harar to Bulahar area between Zeila and Berbera was part of the Axum empire too. I am closer in culture and history to a man from Addis than a man from Mogadishu. I don't share anything with a Mogadishawan. Did you know the Somalis of Hararghe fought along Ras Nassibu against Italian occupation. Muslims and Christians and other believes were all United fighting against the colonials and colonialism. The only country not to be colonised.

Ethiopia is always setting an example for other Africans.

Being Ethiopian is the best thing ever. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Etiopia lazelalem tinore!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending