Islamic Golden Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Sonder
How would you know if we did? our history is oral and racists like napoleon would rather kill himself than admit that blacks or anything non white could build an empire. I get what you mean and i hate our arrogance to but you have to take into account that our history is really a mystery (rhyme not intended). No one has ever excavated in somalia and we have no knowledge about what our ancient ancestors did besides what the greeks wrote and no one can really verify it. Just because the current generation of somalis are retarded that does not mean all generations were form the beginning of time, smart ppl will acknowledge that until evidence is gathered against a hypothesis with certainty then you can never completely deny it.

In my opinion if you don't have an alphabet you're irrelevant.

Because when people say "Islamic golden age" they use it as an umbrella term attributing all intellectual achievements to muslims in general when this is not the case at all. The vast majority of scientific and mathematical literature was developed by Persian scholars. These outstanding intellectual achievements were not spontaneous either, it was a continuation of their long history of scholarship. Muslims who were Arab, Indonesian, African (except for north Africans) contributed nowhere near as much as the Persians. The golden age didn't start until the Umayyads where overthrown and the Persian language was made the language of culture and scholarship.
It might be true that the persians contributed the most to the golden age but you are turning a blind on the achievement of other great scholars who lived in Andalusia and in other places. Why are you trying to detach the name Islamic from these scholars?The Islamic golden age didn't happen only in Persia.

Majority of the scholars identified themselves as Muslims and it can be seen how the deen was important to them. It was under the Islamic civilization in which they all prospered and made significant advancement in science and in other fields. The Islamic golden age didn't happen only in Persia.

And it is true that all scholars were not muslims but they were allowed to flourish under the Islamic governance.

At the end, I don't think we as muslims of today should claim those achievement. We are different than those people back then and we haven't contributed much .

Kratos

Sonder
It might be true that the persians contributed the most to the golden age but you are turning a blind on the achievement of other great scholars who lived in Andalusia and in other places. Why are you trying to detach the name Islamic from these scholars?The Islamic golden age didn't happen only in Persia.

Majority of the scholars identified themselves as Muslims and it can be seen how the deen was important to them. It was under the Islamic civilization in which they all prospered and made significant advancement in science and in other fields. The Islamic golden age didn't happen only in Persia.

And it is true that all scholars were not muslims but they were allowed to flourish under the Islamic governance.

At the end, I don't think we as muslims of today should claim those achievement. We are different than those people back then and we haven't contributed much .

Yeah I get what you're saying. When I said it should be called the Persian golden age I was just kidding/exaggerating. I just meant to highlight the significant amount contribution Persian scholars made, as noted by even the Arabs themselves. In fact, we wouldn't even have hadiths if it wasn't for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending