Islamic Golden Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Sonder
Should really be renamed to the Persian golden age. The islamic golden age started when the Abbasids overthrew the Umayyad Caliphate and moved the capital from Damascus to Baghdad to be closer to the Persians. They modelled their administration after the Sassanid Kingdom of the Persian empire. The Persians also made the largest contribution to scientific advancements. The majority of notable scientists, mathematicians and philosophers where also Persian. Al Ma'mun, the 7th Caliph of the Abbasid dynasty even alluded to the fact that the Arabs were largely irrelevant compared to them:
Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 10.37.09 am.png

https://books.google.com.au/books?i...BSAQ6AEwB3oECAIQAQ#v=onepage&q=empire&f=false
Page 131

Even the North African Berbers and Egyptians made more contributions to science, mathematics and medicine than the Arabs. Apparently they were better educated and more civilised than the invading Umayyad Arabs at the time. Arabic was simply the language of the Quran and the lingua franca of the caliphates, as such there was an effort to translate all knowledge into Arabic even though most of it was recorded in Persian initially.

LOOOOOOOL so the thing the Arabs brag the most about, isn't really their accomplishment?
:drakelaugh::ooh::dead::dead1::deadmanny::deadrose:
No wonder. Like uncivilized sandn*ggers can do much else besides go to war, and they even suck ass at that. They're a bunch of hairy subhumans who believe they're superior because of their Golden Age, but all they did was get ruled by Persians and Turks. Why am I not surprised?
:chrisfreshhah:

Kratos

Sonder
LOOOOOOOL so the thing the Arabs brag the most about, isn't really their accomplishment?
No wonder. Like uncivilized sandn*ggers can do much else besides go to war, and they even suck ass at that. They're a bunch of hairy subhumans who believe they're superior because of their Golden Age, but all they did was get ruled by Persians and Turks. Why am I not surprised?

Even though most of the renowned scholars were non-Arab they still thought they were superior to everyone else and discriminated heavily against the Berbers in the Maghreb and southern Spain. This lead to the Berbers revolting and with heavy ethnic tension in the Eastern empire, the Umayyad Caliphate eventually declined. It's funny how the Quran says that an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, yet the early Arab nobility of the caliphate were racist as f*ck. So much so that in the early years of the caliphate before the Abbasids took power the Persians were slow to accept the spread of islam due to hatred of Arabs. And the worst part is that people give Arabs most of the credit for the Islamic golden age. The caliphate is often synonymous with "Arab empire" and since most of the knowledge obtained was translated into Arabic, its relevance as a language of scholarship has been artificially enhanced.

Should really be renamed to the Persian golden age. The islamic golden age started when the Abbasids overthrew the Umayyad Caliphate and moved the capital from Damascus to Baghdad to be closer to the Persians. They modelled their administration after the Sassanid Kingdom of the Persian empire. The Persians also made the largest contribution to scientific advancements. The majority of notable scientists, mathematicians and philosophers where also Persian. Al Ma'mun, the 7th Caliph of the Abbasid dynasty even alluded to the fact that the Arabs were largely irrelevant compared to them:
View attachment 58004
https://books.google.com.au/books?i...BSAQ6AEwB3oECAIQAQ#v=onepage&q=empire&f=false
Page 131

Even the North African Berbers and Egyptians made more contributions to science, mathematics and medicine than the Arabs. Apparently they were better educated and more civilised than the invading Umayyad Arabs at the time. Arabic was simply the language of the Quran and the lingua franca of the caliphates, as such there was an effort to translate all knowledge into Arabic even though most of it was recorded in Persian initially.
So what Persian are not muslim

View attachment 58004
Page 131

I don't get your point.

It might be true that the majority of scientist were not Arabs ,but so what has this got to do with the the Islamic golden age?

Islamic ≠ Arabic.

Kratos

Sonder
I don't get your point.

It might be true that the majority of scientist were not Arabs ,but so what has this got to do with the the Islamic golden age?

Islamic ≠ Arabic.

Because when people say "Islamic golden age" they use it as an umbrella term attributing all intellectual achievements to muslims in general when this is not the case at all. The vast majority of scientific and mathematical literature was developed by Persian scholars. These outstanding intellectual achievements were not spontaneous either, it was a continuation of their long history of scholarship. Muslims who were Arab, Indonesian, African (except for north Africans) contributed nowhere near as much as the Persians. The golden age didn't start until the Umayyads where overthrown and the Persian language was made the language of culture and scholarship.

Last edited:

Kratos

Sonder
I don't get your point.

Islamic ≠ Arabic.

The Caliphates' single greatest achievement was converting the Persians to Islam. Everything attributed to it after that was just a continuation of Persian civilisation.

remind me again what did Somalis ever do?

View attachment 58004
Page 131

Same with gengis and the chinese. Without them he would have just remained some weak mongol brute.

Somalis are worse than Arabs. They're just as racist, possibly more arrogant and have not made even half the same amount of contribution to the world :mjlol:
I know and worse than that they have huge kibir by listening to them you'd think they had built one of the world's greatest civilization when in fact all they did is take care of camels:russ:

I know and worse than that they have huge kibir by listening to them you'd think they had built one of the world's greatest civilization when in fact all they did is take care of camels:russ:
How would you know if we did? our history is oral and racists like napoleon would rather kill himself than admit that blacks or anything non white could build an empire. I get what you mean and i hate our arrogance to but you have to take into account that our history is really a mystery (rhyme not intended). No one has ever excavated in somalia and we have no knowledge about what our ancient ancestors did besides what the greeks wrote and no one can really verify it. Just because the current generation of somalis are retarded that does not mean all generations were form the beginning of time, smart ppl will acknowledge that until evidence is gathered against a hypothesis with certainty then you can never completely deny it.

Kratos

Sonder

At least we have nice hair and a straight nose :wowsweat:Imagine being historically irrelevant and having nappy hair and a big nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending